• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 2 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 3 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 3 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 3 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 3 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 3 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 3 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 3 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 4 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 9 days ago

Who Am I ???

*Bred in Maryland, my grandsire won every race he entered except for a narrow defeat in the Kentucky Derby.

*I was a winner in one-third of my lifetime starts during a career that spanned three seasons.

*In my first stakes race, I ran last at Hollywood. In my next stakes attempt I won in the slop at Bay Meadows.
*My biggest win was also the biggest in the careers of both my trainer and my jockey.
*I was a stakes winner in all of my years on the racetrack, but 60% of them came in my middle season.
*You know one of my grandsires, but I bet you did not know that the other was a pickpocket.
*I did not have the career of Seattle Slew, but I was purchased at Keeneland for five hundred less than his bargain price.
*Not that I worried about it, but I was a candidate for Grecian Formula at an early age.
*In consecutive races, I once ran at California, Ohio, New Jersey, New York, and Louisiana.
*Although the majority of my racing came in California, my signature victory came on the Jersey shore.
*In my only win as an older horse, I set a track record that will likely never be broken.
You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Racing's favorite trivia game, Who Am I ???, will be starting in less than 2 hours. 9pm Eastern on the Zipse at the Track blog ... Everyone's invited!
Well done, Michael ... wear your championship belt with pride!
I was also looking at gray Haskell winners. Checked his pedigree and saw Native Dancer and Wallet Lifter were the grandsires.
Yes, let's get to the debate! But first ... Michael, how did you solve tonight's contest?
Now, on to the Haskell v. Travers debate!
Ah never mind
Damn, I looked at the gray Haskell Winners and ignored him as too obscure, damn!
Two Punch?
Knightly Rapport
We have a winner!!! Michael Harris nails it again, the 1990 Haskell winner ... Restless Con!
Skip Trial
Restless Con
It is not Casual Lies/
grandson of native dancer is all I figured out so far lol.. is that right?
Casual Lies
Did you say El Atroz? ... nope.
El Atroz
Sorry it is not Damascus.
damascus?