• Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 3 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 5 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 6 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 6 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 6 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 6 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 6 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 6 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 7 days ago

Wasted Tears Arrives for Modesty

Arlington Park.

Bart Evans’ Wasted Tears, winner of the last three Grade III Ouija Board Stakes at Lone Star Park including the 2011 renewal May 30, arrived at Arlington Park Saturday from her Grand Prairie, Texas, home base to contest Saturday’s Grade III Modesty Handicap.

The Modesty is Arlington’s designed local prep for the Grade I Beverly D. Stakes – the Arlington Million’s sister race – to be contested as part of the International Festival of Racing on Arlington Million Day Aug. 13.

Last year, Wasted Tears used her Ouija Board win as a springboard to a victory in the Grade II John Mabee Stakes at Del Mar, but “(Arlington racing secretary) Chris Polzin talked me into coming here this year for this race to prep for the Beverly D.,” owner-trainer-breeder Evans said Monday morning.

“It’s beautiful here,” said Evans, who breezed Wasted Tears five furlongs in 1:01.60 on June 30 at Lone Star before coming to Chicago.  “I just hope it stays nice all week and it’s beautiful on Saturday as well.  I may give her a little something to do on the grass here later in the week.”

Augustin Stable’s British-bred Fantasia, runner-up in Belmont’s Grade I Just a Game Stakes on Belmont Stakes Day June 11, and the Chris Block-trained pair of Team Block’s Never Retreat and Team Block and Richard Ege’s Askbut I Won’ttell, who each breezed five furlongs over Arlington’s firm grass Sunday in 1:06.80, are also expected for the Modesty, as are Tracy Farmer’s La Gran Bailadora, runner-up in the Grade III Arlington Matron May 28; Moyglare Stud’s Irish-bred Endless Expanse; Arterbum and Stolich’s Monslewn, Magdalena Racing’s My Baby Baby, and Butterfly Stable’s Romin Robin.

JUNIOR JUMPS RIGHT BACK INTO WINNER’S CIRCLE SUNDAY

Jockey Junior Alvarado, Arlington’s 2009 jockey champion and runner-up in the standings last season, returned to riding Sunday at Arlington for the first time since being sidelined with a broken collarbone suffered in a spill May 27, and won with his second mount of the afternoon.

“I feel pretty good and I’m very excited to win a race on my first day back,” said Alvarado after guiding Richard Ravin’s Top Surprize, trained by Larry Rivelli, to victory in the fifth race.  “I wanted to come back sooner but my doctor made me wait an extra week.”

JOCKEY JULIO FELIX RIDES THREE WINNERS SUNDAY

Jockey Julio Felix, hanging his tack at Arlington for the second straight summer, scored a hat trick Sunday at the local oval, winning the opener on John and Libbie Thiel’s Reggiville for trainer Ingrid Mason, the eighth on Eagle Valley Farm’s Lethal for conditioner John Haran and the finale aboard Dario Vega’s Black Cross for trainer Scott Mullins.