• Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 17 minutes ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 3 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 5 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 5 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 6 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 6 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 6 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 7 days ago

Valdivia riding in New York again

Hoping to ride the wave of his victory aboard Ruler On Ice in the Belmont Stakes, jockey Jose Valdivia plans to move his tack to New York beginning next week.

After riding at Aqueduct in the winter and early spring, Valdivia had been splitting his time the last two months between Monmouth Park and Delaware Park. At Monmouth, Valdivia had just two wins and 10 seconds from 51 mounts. At Delaware, he was winless with four mounts.

“I just figured with this kind of victory I should definitely give it a try here,” said Valdivia, who lives in Brooklyn Heights, NY. “I guess I will have to try to carry the wave over.”

Valdivia, 36, said he still plans to ride some at Monmouth, where Kelly Breen, the trainer of Ruler On Ice, is based. “I want to stay close to Kelly Breen and his owner for sure,” Valdivia said.