• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 3 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 4 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 4 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 4 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 4 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 4 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 5 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 10 days ago

Unrivaled Belle Runs Huge in Ladies' Classic

Unrivaled Belle was always traveling well and safely turned back the late charge of Blind Luck to win the 2010 Breeders' Cup Ladies Classic.

Kent Desormeaux rode the winner for trainer Bill Mott. The daughter of Unbridled's Song is best known for beating Rachel Alexandra at Churchill Downs earlier this year. Unrivaled Belle rewarded her backers with a generous $17.

Havre De Grace finished right behind Blind Luck in 3rd.

There was a bit of controversy involving 7-2 contender Life At Ten, who never picked up her feet and finished a distant last. Prior to the race jockey John Velazquez told ESPN analyst Jerry Bailey that she was not warming up well. The track vets allowed her to run and the betting public cannot be happy with that decision. After the race Todd Pletcher informed ESPN that she might have had a bad reaction to lasix.

Older Comments about Unrivaled Belle Runs Huge in Ladies' Classic...

Unrivaled Belle, I had her to win so I'm thrilled with that pick, I also had Shared Account so I'm pretty happy with my picks.
the vet at the gate should never be allowed to work another race. everyone but him/her could see there was something seriously wrong with LAT
Life At Ten was my top choice and luckily I was watching the Cup on TV and heard Johnny V say she was not warming up properly. I took a pass but bettors who did not have that luxury have every reason to complain.
Well, i sure hope the Vet at CD dies. I had a $50 Tri that included Life at ten. There was obviously something wrong with her in the post parade, the vet never looked at her, and she runs a complete clunker. She should have been scratched.