• Lady Shipman breezes home much the best in Belmont's License Fee.Posted 3 days ago
  • Ben's Cat sprints home late to win his 10yo seasonal debut in thrilling fashion.Posted 3 days ago
  • Minding shows her class, easily winning the 1000 Guineas.Posted 3 days ago
  • Uncle Lino digs in to win the inaugural California Chrome Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • A Lot holds off favored Green Mask by a whisker to win the Elusive Quality.Posted 4 days ago
  • Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 4 days ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 5 days ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 8 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 10 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 10 days ago

Unrivaled Belle Runs Huge in Ladies' Classic

Unrivaled Belle was always traveling well and safely turned back the late charge of Blind Luck to win the 2010 Breeders' Cup Ladies Classic.

Kent Desormeaux rode the winner for trainer Bill Mott. The daughter of Unbridled's Song is best known for beating Rachel Alexandra at Churchill Downs earlier this year. Unrivaled Belle rewarded her backers with a generous $17.

Havre De Grace finished right behind Blind Luck in 3rd.

There was a bit of controversy involving 7-2 contender Life At Ten, who never picked up her feet and finished a distant last. Prior to the race jockey John Velazquez told ESPN analyst Jerry Bailey that she was not warming up well. The track vets allowed her to run and the betting public cannot be happy with that decision. After the race Todd Pletcher informed ESPN that she might have had a bad reaction to lasix.

Older Comments about Unrivaled Belle Runs Huge in Ladies' Classic...

Unrivaled Belle, I had her to win so I'm thrilled with that pick, I also had Shared Account so I'm pretty happy with my picks.
the vet at the gate should never be allowed to work another race. everyone but him/her could see there was something seriously wrong with LAT
Life At Ten was my top choice and luckily I was watching the Cup on TV and heard Johnny V say she was not warming up properly. I took a pass but bettors who did not have that luxury have every reason to complain.
Well, i sure hope the Vet at CD dies. I had a $50 Tri that included Life at ten. There was obviously something wrong with her in the post parade, the vet never looked at her, and she runs a complete clunker. She should have been scratched.