• Lady Shipman breezes home much the best in Belmont's License Fee.Posted 1 day ago
  • Ben's Cat sprints home late to win his 10yo seasonal debut in thrilling fashion.Posted 1 day ago
  • Minding shows her class, easily winning the 1000 Guineas.Posted 1 day ago
  • Uncle Lino digs in to win the inaugural California Chrome Stakes.Posted 2 days ago
  • A Lot holds off favored Green Mask by a whisker to win the Elusive Quality.Posted 2 days ago
  • Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 2 days ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 3 days ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 6 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 8 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 9 days ago

Unlucky 13 for Resistivity in Ashland

Trainer Mark Casse was all fired up about the prospect of running Mike Rutherford’s homebred Resistivity in Saturday’s $500,000 Central Bank Ashland (G1) until post positions were drawn Wednesday and Resistivity drew No. 13.

“I had a flashback to the Breeders’ Cup (Juvenile Fillies Turf) last year when My Conquestadory got the 14,” Casse said. “I had a lot of confidence coming into the race, but the post position definitely tempers the enthusiasm.

“I talked with Mr. Rutherford last night about scratching and waiting for the Appalachian (G3) next week. But right now, we are going to run.”

Resistivity enters the Central Bank Ashland off a daylight grass victory at Gulfstream Park. On Saturday, she worked five furlongs here in 1:00.60.

“She trains well on synthetic and last year at Ocala she was right with My Conquestadory,” Casse said. “I think the dirt is her least preferred surface of the three, but she does not mind Churchill Downs.”

As for My Conquestadory, the overpowering winner of last fall’s Darley Alcibiades (G1), Casse said she is in Ocala.

“She got hurt this winter at Palm Meadows but it was nothing severe and she is starting to breeze,” Casse said of the filly, who has not run since her fourth-place Breeders’ Cup finish. “We know how good she is and the owners are letting me take my time with her.”

Casse also is eyeing the Toyota Blue Grass (G1) with John Oxley’s Coastline.

A maiden winner here last fall, Coastline finished third in the Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati Spiral (G3) in his most recent start.

“I wish he would have been 12 inches faster,” Casse said of the narrow Spiral defeat. “I was disappointed in his two races at Oaklawn. The plan right now is the Blue Grass and he will work tomorrow and we’ll see.”