• Family Tree game down the lane in winning the Iowa Oaks.Posted 22 hours ago
  • Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 5 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 6 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 6 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 6 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 6 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 6 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 6 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 6 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 7 days ago

Unlucky 13 for Resistivity in Ashland

Trainer Mark Casse was all fired up about the prospect of running Mike Rutherford’s homebred Resistivity in Saturday’s $500,000 Central Bank Ashland (G1) until post positions were drawn Wednesday and Resistivity drew No. 13.

“I had a flashback to the Breeders’ Cup (Juvenile Fillies Turf) last year when My Conquestadory got the 14,” Casse said. “I had a lot of confidence coming into the race, but the post position definitely tempers the enthusiasm.

“I talked with Mr. Rutherford last night about scratching and waiting for the Appalachian (G3) next week. But right now, we are going to run.”

Resistivity enters the Central Bank Ashland off a daylight grass victory at Gulfstream Park. On Saturday, she worked five furlongs here in 1:00.60.

“She trains well on synthetic and last year at Ocala she was right with My Conquestadory,” Casse said. “I think the dirt is her least preferred surface of the three, but she does not mind Churchill Downs.”

As for My Conquestadory, the overpowering winner of last fall’s Darley Alcibiades (G1), Casse said she is in Ocala.

“She got hurt this winter at Palm Meadows but it was nothing severe and she is starting to breeze,” Casse said of the filly, who has not run since her fourth-place Breeders’ Cup finish. “We know how good she is and the owners are letting me take my time with her.”

Casse also is eyeing the Toyota Blue Grass (G1) with John Oxley’s Coastline.

A maiden winner here last fall, Coastline finished third in the Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati Spiral (G3) in his most recent start.

“I wish he would have been 12 inches faster,” Casse said of the narrow Spiral defeat. “I was disappointed in his two races at Oaklawn. The plan right now is the Blue Grass and he will work tomorrow and we’ll see.”