• There will be a Pick Six carryover of $167,021 when racing resumes Friday at Los Alamitos.Posted 1 day ago
  • There will be a Pick Six carryover of $42,460 when racing resumes Thursday at Los Alamitos.Posted 2 days ago
  •  Assateague goes wire to wire in the Dr. James Penny Memorial!Posted 3 days ago
  • Clearly Now breaks the 7f track record at Belmont - 1:19.96.Posted 6 days ago
  • There will be a Pick Six carryover of $28,880 when racing resumes July 4 at Los Al.Posted 7 days ago
  • 1-9 Frac Daddy upset by Sky Captain in the Dominion Day! Posted 10 days ago
  •  Size holds off Ria Antonia in the Iowa Oaks!Posted 13 days ago
  •  Declassify game in the Triple Bend!Posted 13 days ago
  •  Riposte proves best in the New York Handicap!Posted 13 days ago

Unbeaten Executiveprivilege Tops Del Mar Debutante

July 5th, 2012. Executiveprivilege and Rafael Bejarano win the Landaluce Stakes at Betfair Hollywood Park, Inglewood, CA.
Executiveprivilege, unbeaten and untested in three starts, including victories in the Landaluce and Sorrento Stakes, figures to be a solid favorite Saturday when she heads a field of nine two-year-old fillies in the 62nd running of the Grade I $300,000 Del Mar Debutante.

The daughter of First Samurai, a $650,000 purchase at the OBS Sale of Two-Year-Olds in Training last April, debuted June 28 at Betfair Hollywood Park after a series of impressive workouts and didn’t disappoint in winning by 4 ½ lengths.

She then easily won the Landaluce Stakes, scoring by 3 ¼ lengths, and took the Grade III Sorrento Stakes, major prep for the Debutante, August 8. The Bob Baffert-trained filly has been odds-on in all three of her races and promises to be a similar price Saturday.

Rafael Bejarano, her regular rider who is closing in on the Del Mar riding title this summer, again has the call.

Leading the opposition to Executiveprivilege are three talented fillies trained by Peter Miller -- Speedinthruthecity, runner-up in both the Landaluce and Sorrento who will have Joe Talamo in the saddle; Heir Kitty, Corey Nakatani up, second to colts beaten only a half-length in the Grade II Best Pal, and Miss Empire, victress in the Cinderella Stakes, third in the Landaluce and, most recently, third in the Best Pal, with Kevin Krigger to ride Saturday.

Others in the line-up are Pat’s Back, Patrick Valenzuela; Wasted at Midnight, Ricardo Jaime; Mechaya, Martin Garcia; Renee’s Titan, Edwin Maldonado, and Beholder, Garrett Gomez.

The supporting feature on an 11-race program is the $85,000 Harry F. Brubaker Stakes, a one-mile race on the main track which drew a field of seven older horses, including John Scott and Kettle Corn, second and third, respectively, behind Rail Trip in the San Diego Handicap this summer. Completing the field are Tres Borrachos, Holladay Road, Spud Spivens and Positive Response.

Post time for the first race Saturday is 2 p.m.

Older Comments about Unbeaten Executiveprivilege Tops Del Mar Debutante...

Executiveprivilege, Heir Kitty, Mechaya
This is a rediculous field if this is a G1 race, then so is the races between the kids in my court. These horses have a combined record of 16 starts and 7 wins. 3 of the 7 wins come from EP. Only 2 stakes wins! What a joke. Heir Kitty and Executive Privilage are the only real G1 material and Hier Kitty is oarderline at that,
I agree, Heir Kitty is the biggest challenge. She came second, to Know More, that's a good reason to play her considering how most people love Know More. I'm playing Heir Kitty too, $8 WS. Because the odds on EP might be bad, so I'll take my chances with Kitty.
If any of them have a chance, rafirox, I would have to see Heir Kitty. She'll be up close to the pace, so if she can stay with EP, then EP will have a hard time fending her off.
Yea, Heir Kitty has a chance, she came in second to Know More last time. But still, can she challenge EP? EP has a very explosive lead, and I'm not sure anyone can outrun her in the stretch
I like Heir Kitty and Miss Empire off of their efforts in the G2 Best Pal. Heir Kitty almost had the thing won, and Miss Empire closed well for third.
The thing is in three races, she hasn't been challenged, so I don't know if anyone can beat her.
I think she is the best.
I like Executive Privilege, she hasn't been tested yet.
She's up against the best. I think she will do it though.
Looks like it could be anyone's race.