• The Great War is off the Derby trail following poor finish in the BattagliaPosted 3 days ago
  •  Royal Son scores in the John Battaglia Memorial.Posted 4 days ago
  • Stellar Wind an impressive winner of the Santa Ysabel. Posted 4 days ago
  • Far Right shoots up the rail again to score in the Southwest Stakes. Posted 10 days ago
  • Khozan demolishes a Gulfstream Park allowance field to remain perfect in two starts. Posted 10 days ago
  • No beating North Slope as he returns to dirt a winner in the Evening Attire. Posted 10 days ago
  •  International Star scrapes the paint to win the Risen Star.Posted 11 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox speaks loud and clear in the Rachel Alexandra. Posted 11 days ago
  • Itsaknockout wins the Fountain of Youth on the DQ of Upstart. Posted 11 days ago
  •  Chocolate Ride sneaks away in the Fair Grounds Handicap.Posted 11 days ago

Tuscan Evening Sharp in Buena Vista

William de Burgh's TUSCAN EVENING (Ire) (Oasis Dream [GB]) tracked just in behind the pacesetting Czechers (Indian Charlie) in Monday's $150,000 Buena Vista H. (G2) at Santa Anita, easily overhauled that rival in the stretch and drew off to score by 2 1/4 lengths on the wire.

"I knew the number four (Czechers) had speed and that he (jockey Kent Desormeaux) could send him or try to put pressure on me," jockey Rafael Bejarano said. "He sent him, so I wanted to stay behind him and let my horse stay more relaxed. From the three-eighths, my horse has a good turn of foot, she can really fly. She came running and I didn't have to worry about anybody else coming late. I was on the best horse."