• Far From Over is injured and off the Kentucky Derby trail, according to owner, James Covello.Posted 16 hours ago
  • Materiality turns away the challenge of Upstart to win the Florida Derby.Posted 3 days ago
  • International Star reels in Stanford late to win the Louisiana Derby.Posted 3 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox sweeps the 3yo filly stakes at Fair Grounds with today's win in the Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Pants On Fire guts out a win in the Sir Shackleton.Posted 3 days ago
  • War Correspondent rolls late to win the Appleton.Posted 3 days ago
  • Prince Bishop wins the world's richest race; California Chrome 2nd.Posted 3 days ago
  • Dolniya dominates the boys in the Dubai Sheema ClassicPosted 3 days ago
  • Solow defeats The Grey Gatsby in the $6,000,000 Dubai TurfPosted 3 days ago

Tuscan Evening Sharp in Buena Vista

William de Burgh's TUSCAN EVENING (Ire) (Oasis Dream [GB]) tracked just in behind the pacesetting Czechers (Indian Charlie) in Monday's $150,000 Buena Vista H. (G2) at Santa Anita, easily overhauled that rival in the stretch and drew off to score by 2 1/4 lengths on the wire.

"I knew the number four (Czechers) had speed and that he (jockey Kent Desormeaux) could send him or try to put pressure on me," jockey Rafael Bejarano said. "He sent him, so I wanted to stay behind him and let my horse stay more relaxed. From the three-eighths, my horse has a good turn of foot, she can really fly. She came running and I didn't have to worry about anybody else coming late. I was on the best horse."