• Songbird repels the challenge of Carina Mia, and romps home in the CCA Oaks.Posted 8 hours ago
  • Up With the Birds swings to victory in Woodbine's Nijinsky Stakes.Posted 10 hours ago
  • Tin Type Gal rides the rail to victory in Monmouth's Boiling Springs.Posted 10 hours ago
  • California Chrome edges Dortmund in a San Diego Handicap showdown.Posted 1 day ago
  • Mokat (7-1) turns the San Clemente into a one-filly show.Posted 1 day ago
  • Dacita just gets up in the Grade 1 Diana in a four-horse photo.Posted 1 day ago
  • Front Pocket Money grinds to victory in the Grade 3 Jersey Shore.Posted 1 day ago
  • Hit It Once More romps home a big winner of the New York Derby.Posted 1 day ago
  • Bitumen (4-5) powers home to win the Grade 3 Sanford at Saratoga.Posted 1 day ago
  • Secretariat winner Highland Reel goes all the way in the Group 1 King George.Posted 1 day ago

Tuscan Evening Sharp in Buena Vista

William de Burgh's TUSCAN EVENING (Ire) (Oasis Dream [GB]) tracked just in behind the pacesetting Czechers (Indian Charlie) in Monday's $150,000 Buena Vista H. (G2) at Santa Anita, easily overhauled that rival in the stretch and drew off to score by 2 1/4 lengths on the wire.

"I knew the number four (Czechers) had speed and that he (jockey Kent Desormeaux) could send him or try to put pressure on me," jockey Rafael Bejarano said. "He sent him, so I wanted to stay behind him and let my horse stay more relaxed. From the three-eighths, my horse has a good turn of foot, she can really fly. She came running and I didn't have to worry about anybody else coming late. I was on the best horse."