• Bowies Hero (3-1) much the best in the Oceanside Stakes on opening day at Del Mar.Posted 1 day ago
  • Irap (7-5) romps home a big winner of the Indiana Derby.Posted 5 days ago
  • Eagle (5-2) rides the rail to victory in the Schaefer Memorial.Posted 5 days ago
  • West Coast (2-5) powers home nicely in the Los Alamitos Derby.Posted 5 days ago
  • Songbird (1-9) wins the Delaware Handicap by only a length.Posted 5 days ago
  • Disco Partner (7-5) runs away from his Forbidden Apple competition.Posted 5 days ago
  • Frostmourne (1-2) turns the Kent Stakes into his own private party.Posted 5 days ago
  • Harry Angel defeats Limato and Caravaggio in the Group 1 July Cup.Posted 5 days ago
  • European champion filly Minding has been retired from racing.Posted 7 days ago
  • Hawkbill (Kitten's Joy) scores in the Group 2 Princess of Wales's at Newmarket.Posted 7 days ago
Saratoga and Del Mar 2017

Tuscan Evening Sharp in Buena Vista

William de Burgh's TUSCAN EVENING (Ire) (Oasis Dream [GB]) tracked just in behind the pacesetting Czechers (Indian Charlie) in Monday's $150,000 Buena Vista H. (G2) at Santa Anita, easily overhauled that rival in the stretch and drew off to score by 2 1/4 lengths on the wire.

"I knew the number four (Czechers) had speed and that he (jockey Kent Desormeaux) could send him or try to put pressure on me," jockey Rafael Bejarano said. "He sent him, so I wanted to stay behind him and let my horse stay more relaxed. From the three-eighths, my horse has a good turn of foot, she can really fly. She came running and I didn't have to worry about anybody else coming late. I was on the best horse."