• Hoppertunity nips Imperative by a San Antonio head-bob.Posted 4 hours ago
  • In her seasonal debut, Songbird is a dominant winner of the Las Virgenes at Santa Anita.Posted 6 hours ago
  • Lukes Alley kicks it in late to win the Grade 1 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap.Posted 6 hours ago
  • Mor Spirit cruises late to win the Robert B. Lewis at Santa Anita.Posted 6 hours ago
  • Aussie-bred Power Alert gets there first in the GP Turf Sprint.Posted 7 hours ago
  • Tommy Macho runs away with the Fred Hooper at Gulfsrtream Park.Posted 9 hours ago
  • No catching Tammy the Torpedo in the turfy Suwannee River.Posted 9 hours ago
  • Lady Shipman (1-5) is an easy winner in the Lady's Turf Sprint at Gulfstream.Posted 9 hours ago
  • Cadet Roni relishes the slop in the Wishing Well at Santa Anita.Posted 6 days ago
  • Flora Dora gets to the wire first in the Big A's Busanda.Posted 6 days ago

Triple Crown 2012: I'll Have Another Chances Over an Off Track

I'll Have Another wins the Preakness
Suppose Elmont, New York got rain the day of the Belmont Stakes. How would this pose for I’ll Have Another’s chances at the Triple Crown?

I’ll Have Another raced once over a sloppy track and that was in the Hopeful Stakes at Saratoga Race Course. The result: I’ll Have Another finished a disappointing 6th. However, if you go into I’ll Have Another’s pedigree lines, you see that his sire Flower Alley had success over a sloppy track. Flower Alley scored in the Salvator Mile Stakes over a sloppy track at Monmouth Park. In a track labeled as muddy at Turfway Park, Flower Alley won the Lane’s End Stakes.

Switching to the other side of the pedigree, I’ll Have Another’s dam is Arch’s Gal Edith, who only raced once in her career. If you dig back on more generation to Arch, he broke his maiden on his only try over a sloppy track.

With two different generations in I’ll Have Another’s pedigree showing signs of success on a sloppy track, if mother nature does not cooperate for the Belmont Stakes, he should have no problem going over an off surface.