• Lady Shipman breezes home much the best in Belmont's License Fee.Posted 14 hours ago
  • Ben's Cat sprints home late to win his 10yo seasonal debut in thrilling fashion.Posted 17 hours ago
  • Minding shows her class, easily winning the 1000 Guineas.Posted 19 hours ago
  • Uncle Lino digs in to win the inaugural California Chrome Stakes.Posted 1 day ago
  • A Lot holds off favored Green Mask by a whisker to win the Elusive Quality.Posted 1 day ago
  • Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 1 day ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 2 days ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 5 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 7 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 8 days ago

Triple Crown 2012: I'll Have Another Chances Over an Off Track

I'll Have Another wins the Preakness
Suppose Elmont, New York got rain the day of the Belmont Stakes. How would this pose for I’ll Have Another’s chances at the Triple Crown?

I’ll Have Another raced once over a sloppy track and that was in the Hopeful Stakes at Saratoga Race Course. The result: I’ll Have Another finished a disappointing 6th. However, if you go into I’ll Have Another’s pedigree lines, you see that his sire Flower Alley had success over a sloppy track. Flower Alley scored in the Salvator Mile Stakes over a sloppy track at Monmouth Park. In a track labeled as muddy at Turfway Park, Flower Alley won the Lane’s End Stakes.

Switching to the other side of the pedigree, I’ll Have Another’s dam is Arch’s Gal Edith, who only raced once in her career. If you dig back on more generation to Arch, he broke his maiden on his only try over a sloppy track.

With two different generations in I’ll Have Another’s pedigree showing signs of success on a sloppy track, if mother nature does not cooperate for the Belmont Stakes, he should have no problem going over an off surface.