• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 4 days ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 4 days ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 6 days ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 6 days ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 6 days ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 6 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 6 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Triple Crown 2012: I'll Have Another Chances Over an Off Track

I'll Have Another wins the Preakness
Suppose Elmont, New York got rain the day of the Belmont Stakes. How would this pose for I’ll Have Another’s chances at the Triple Crown?

I’ll Have Another raced once over a sloppy track and that was in the Hopeful Stakes at Saratoga Race Course. The result: I’ll Have Another finished a disappointing 6th. However, if you go into I’ll Have Another’s pedigree lines, you see that his sire Flower Alley had success over a sloppy track. Flower Alley scored in the Salvator Mile Stakes over a sloppy track at Monmouth Park. In a track labeled as muddy at Turfway Park, Flower Alley won the Lane’s End Stakes.

Switching to the other side of the pedigree, I’ll Have Another’s dam is Arch’s Gal Edith, who only raced once in her career. If you dig back on more generation to Arch, he broke his maiden on his only try over a sloppy track.

With two different generations in I’ll Have Another’s pedigree showing signs of success on a sloppy track, if mother nature does not cooperate for the Belmont Stakes, he should have no problem going over an off surface.