• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 3 days ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 4 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 4 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 4 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 4 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 8 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 9 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 10 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 10 days ago

Triple Crown 2012: I'll Have Another Chances Over an Off Track

I'll Have Another wins the Preakness
Suppose Elmont, New York got rain the day of the Belmont Stakes. How would this pose for I’ll Have Another’s chances at the Triple Crown?

I’ll Have Another raced once over a sloppy track and that was in the Hopeful Stakes at Saratoga Race Course. The result: I’ll Have Another finished a disappointing 6th. However, if you go into I’ll Have Another’s pedigree lines, you see that his sire Flower Alley had success over a sloppy track. Flower Alley scored in the Salvator Mile Stakes over a sloppy track at Monmouth Park. In a track labeled as muddy at Turfway Park, Flower Alley won the Lane’s End Stakes.

Switching to the other side of the pedigree, I’ll Have Another’s dam is Arch’s Gal Edith, who only raced once in her career. If you dig back on more generation to Arch, he broke his maiden on his only try over a sloppy track.

With two different generations in I’ll Have Another’s pedigree showing signs of success on a sloppy track, if mother nature does not cooperate for the Belmont Stakes, he should have no problem going over an off surface.