• The longest shot Zakaroff (45-1) rallies to upset the El Camino Real Derby (G3) at Golden Gate Fields.Posted 1 day ago
  • Stonestreet's Terra Promessa (1-2) blitzes the field in the Bayakoa (G3) at Oaklawn Park.Posted 1 day ago
  • Imperial Hint (5-2) takes the General George (G3) at Laurel. Posted 1 day ago
  • High Ridge Road (3-1) runs them down to take the Barbara Fritchie (G2) at Laurel.Posted 1 day ago
  • Curlin's Approval (4-5) dominates in the Royal Delta.Posted 1 day ago
  • Multiple graded stakes winner, Alsvid, has been retired from racing.Posted 4 days ago
  • In her 2017 debut, Winx was sensational again, raising her winning streak to 14.Posted 6 days ago
  • Iliad (2-1) much the best in the San Vicente Stakes.Posted 7 days ago
  • Chanel's Legacy (13-1) pulls off the upset in the Martha Washington Stakes.Posted 8 days ago
  • Bolo (6-1) surges late to win the Arcadia for a second straight year.Posted 8 days ago

Triple Crown 2012: I'll Have Another Chances Over an Off Track

I'll Have Another wins the Preakness
Suppose Elmont, New York got rain the day of the Belmont Stakes. How would this pose for I’ll Have Another’s chances at the Triple Crown?

I’ll Have Another raced once over a sloppy track and that was in the Hopeful Stakes at Saratoga Race Course. The result: I’ll Have Another finished a disappointing 6th. However, if you go into I’ll Have Another’s pedigree lines, you see that his sire Flower Alley had success over a sloppy track. Flower Alley scored in the Salvator Mile Stakes over a sloppy track at Monmouth Park. In a track labeled as muddy at Turfway Park, Flower Alley won the Lane’s End Stakes.

Switching to the other side of the pedigree, I’ll Have Another’s dam is Arch’s Gal Edith, who only raced once in her career. If you dig back on more generation to Arch, he broke his maiden on his only try over a sloppy track.

With two different generations in I’ll Have Another’s pedigree showing signs of success on a sloppy track, if mother nature does not cooperate for the Belmont Stakes, he should have no problem going over an off surface.