• Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 11 hours ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 3 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 5 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 6 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 6 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 6 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 6 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 6 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 6 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 7 days ago

Trinniberg Shakes Loose in Bay Shore

Trinniberg got loose on the lead and never looked back in Saturday’s 52nd running of the Grade 3, $250,000 Bay Shore at Aqueduct Racetrack, going on to a three-length victory over Hardened Wildcat to register his second straight graded stakes score.

Sent off as the 6-5 favorite in the field of eight 3-year-olds, the dark bay son of Teuflesberg rolled through an opening quarter-mile in 23.46 seconds and a half in 47.41, and was never seriously threatened as he swept under the wire in 1:23.46 for the seven furlongs.

“You should never be too confident going into a race,” said winning jockey Willie Martinez. “It’s horse racing, anything can happen, but I was overwhelmed with confidence. Once I cleared the chute, I knew it was all over. I was just trying to be the passenger. He’s the pilot.”

The victory was the third in seven starts for Trinniberg, who broke his maiden at Calder Race Course last June and won the Grade 3 Swale at Gulfstream Park on March 10 by six lengths. The colt also had a pair of second-place finishes last year in the Grade 2 Futurity at Belmont Park and Saratoga Race Course’s Grade 1 Three Chimneys Hopeful, which he almost upset at odds of 68-1.

Trained by Bisnath Parboo for Shivananda Racing, Trinniberg returned $4.70 for a $2 in bet. With the winner’s purse of $150,000, he has now earned $341,300.

Winning owner Shivananda Parbhoo said the May 19 Preakness was the most likely target for Trinniberg, but did not rule out the May 5 Kentucky Derby.

“There’s a 15 percent chance for the Kentucky Derby,” said Parbhoo. “I want to go long. I wanted to do that [in the Wood Memorial] but I don’t think he was ready.”

Hardened Wildcat, the second choice at 3-2, was 5 ½ lengths clear of How Do I Win. Completing the order of finish were Maan, King and Crusader, Phil Dancer, Perfect Trippi, and Copy My Swagger.

Older Comments about Trinniberg Shakes Loose in Bay Shore...

Carter was PAINFULLL slow up front and late movers have much trouble running against horses who were not pushed too much early.
He set slow fractions on the front end but was much the best in this field.