• Far Right shoots up the rail again to score in the Southwest Stakes. Posted 5 days ago
  • Khozan demolishes a Gulfstream Park allowance field to remain perfect in two starts. Posted 6 days ago
  • No beating North Slope as he returns to dirt a winner in the Evening Attire. Posted 6 days ago
  •  International Star scrapes the paint to win the Risen Star.Posted 6 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox speaks loud and clear in the Rachel Alexandra. Posted 6 days ago
  • Itsaknockout wins the Fountain of Youth on the DQ of Upstart. Posted 6 days ago
  •  Chocolate Ride sneaks away in the Fair Grounds Handicap.Posted 6 days ago
  • Long On Value clearly Best in the Canadian Turf. Posted 6 days ago
  •  Street Babe surprise the Mineshaft field at Fair Grounds.Posted 6 days ago
  • Main Sequence storms home late to win the Mac Diarmida! Posted 6 days ago

Trinniberg Exits BC Sprint in Good Order

Nov. 03, 2012 - Arcadia, California, U.S -Trinniberg (KY)ridden by Willie Martinez and trained by Shivananda Parbhoo, wins the Xpressbet Breeders' Cup Sprint (Grade I) at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
Trainer Shivananda Parbhoo said that the Xpressbet Breeders’ Cup Sprint victor came out of his three-quarters of a length victory over The Lumber Guy in good order and opened the door to a return trip to Santa Anita.

“He’s a tough horse, a fighter. He is leaving Tuesday to go back to Calder, but there is a good chance he could come back here for the Malibu (on Dec. 26 at 7f),” Parbhoo said.”It all depends on how he is doing. He has had a tough year with eight races at eight different tracks, but we accomplished what we wanted to do.”

The mood in the Trinniberg camp was a lot brighter Sunday morning than a year ago at Churchill Downs after Trinniberg had faded to seventh in the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Sprint.

“To ask a 2-year-old to run a 20-second first quarter with pressure from Secret Circle, I just turned away and didn’t watch,” Parbhoo said. “He just fell apart.”

The only time Trinniberg did not sprint this year was when he tried the Kentucky Derby and finished 17th behind I’ll Have Another.

“I have no regrets about running in the Derby,” Parbhoo said. “He ran his race. I think he might have been a little closer, but when Bodemeister took the lead – that surprised us.”

Parbhoo’s father, Bisnath Parboo, was the trainer of record of Trinniberg in those two races at Churchill Downs. He was unable to make the trip to Santa Anita.

“He is in New York and at first he was going to fly out on Wednesday, then Thursday, then Friday and then maybe get on standby Friday night, but it did not work out,” Parbhoo said. “He called me before the (post position) draw on Monday and told me we would get the 9 and we did, and he told me we would win, and we did.”