• Long shot Stormy Lucy (65-1) upsets the Matriarch (G1) at Del Mar in the last stride. Posted 19 hours ago
  • Dortmund romps home a winner in the Native Diver.Posted 1 day ago
  • Commissioner much the best in the Hawthorne Gold Cup.Posted 1 day ago
  • Chiropractor edges March for a Hollywood Derby win at 14-1.Posted 1 day ago
  • Airoforce takes to the dirt in a big way, pulling away to win the Kentucky Jockey Club.Posted 1 day ago
  • Carina Mia turns back Stageplay in the Golden Rod.Posted 1 day ago
  • Tonalist with a late rush to just get up in the Cigar Mile!Posted 1 day ago
  • Forever Unbridled outduels Carrumba to the wire in the Comely.Posted 1 day ago
  • Mohaymen an impressive winner of Aqueduct's nine furlong Remsen.Posted 2 days ago
  • Lewis Bay runs to her odds in the Demoiselle.Posted 2 days ago

Trainer Peter Miller Hopes for Del Mar Repeat

Del Mar logo
“It meant the world to me,” Peter Miller said Monday of the  Del Mar training title he accomplished in  2012.  “Especially the way we did it, going 0-for-21 then winning three on the last day.”

Miller saddled My Slew to win a maiden claiming-level second race on the final-day card and followed that with stakes victories by Reneesgotzip in the CERF, (3rd race)  and Comma To The Top in the Pirates Bounty Stakes (6th) to edge Bob Baffert 21 wins to 20.

Miller, 46, has memories of  Del Mar going back to childhood and notched his first Grade I victory with Set Play in the 2007 Debutante, a watershed moment in a career that  has seen his horses top the $1 million mark in earnings seven straight years with a high of 77 wins and over $3.6 million in 2012.

“It’s going to be tough to repeat,” Miller said. “I don’t have the number of horses that the bigger outfits have. But everything has been going well so far this year and I’m excited to be back here and in the position that I am.”