• Arrogate draws post position #9 for Saturday's Dubai World Cup.Posted 2 days ago
  • Vale Dori (6-5) wins a virtual match race over Finest City in the G1 Santa Margarita.Posted 5 days ago
  • Malagacy (3-1) remains unbeaten with an impressive Rebel win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Enola Gray (2-5) much the best down the hill in the Irish O'Brien.Posted 5 days ago
  • Jenda's Agenda (2-5) stays unbeaten with a facile win in the Caeser's Wish.Posted 5 days ago
  • Mor Spirit (1-2) too good in the Essex at Oaklawn Park.Posted 5 days ago
  • Distinta (11-1) gets up on the shadow of the wire in the Inside Information.Posted 5 days ago
  • Twisted Tom (4-1) gets up in the final jump to win the Private Terms.Posted 5 days ago
  • Streamline (12-1) upsets the Azeri; rough trip for favorite Terra Promessa.Posted 5 days ago
  • Clothes Fall Off (6-5) undresses the competition in the Correction.Posted 5 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Dubai World Cup 2017

Newbie Scores Third Big DerbyWars Victory in $5,000 High Stakes

High Stakes action on DerbyWars!
Jody Uzzo of Boca Raton, Fla. turned in a dazzling performance in DerbyWars' Dec. 8 $5,000 High Stakes game to take down the $4,000 first prize!

DerbyWars $5,000 High Stakes winning picks - 12-08-2013Uzzo, known as "bestchoice211" on the site, made the best of a low-scoring game by choosing the 12-1 shot Platinum Bombshell in contest race 6, a maiden claiming event at Aqueduct. She was one of just 2 players to hit on the filly piloted by Trevor McCarthy for $35.30. She hit on runner-up Chips All In in the triple dead heat of the Hollywood Turf Express, and then cemented her victory with the win by 7-1 Senza Fina at Hollywood, whose $21.80 score gave her a comfortable lead. In the final race, she put a bow on her victory with the place by Pebble Beach Baby, adding $4.00 to her score and giving her a final total of $63.20, $6.10 ahead of her closest rival, Myles Richards (mylesr), who turned in $57.10.

This was just the most recent big game win for Uzzo, who also took down the $10,000 game on Oct. 5 and was second in the Oct. 12 $10,000 game! What makes her success even more incredible is that Uzzo only started playing horses this year!

"About a year ago, I was introduced to fantasy sports betting. I love the challenge and to my pleasant surprise, was shown a site called DerbyWars," she said. "I spent a short time watching HRTV and watched a few contests and decided to give it a shot and see how horse savvy I may be."

She has certainly picked up the game quickly - her first DerbyWars game was in June and she currently sits in third on the monthly leaderboard - a place she's occupied often in the past 5 months!

"I have bet horses now for about 5 months. I feel I am a jockey/trainer combo bettor before speed bettor, but can say with much confidence that using TimeformUS has quickly given me lots of insight and knowledge that helps me pick more winners. We all really do as horse bettors develop our own style. I really do learn daily. Lots of good people that play these daily give great teaching tips."

New to horse racing? You can still win big - just look at Jody and last week's $10K winner, a 23-year-old college student!

Play DerbyWars Now!