• Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 2 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 5 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 5 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 5 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 5 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 6 days ago
  • Cupid has been removed from consideration from the Kentucky Derby; Mo Tom is now in.Posted 10 days ago

Newbie Scores Third Big DerbyWars Victory in $5,000 High Stakes

High Stakes action on DerbyWars!
Jody Uzzo of Boca Raton, Fla. turned in a dazzling performance in DerbyWars' Dec. 8 $5,000 High Stakes game to take down the $4,000 first prize!

DerbyWars $5,000 High Stakes winning picks - 12-08-2013Uzzo, known as "bestchoice211" on the site, made the best of a low-scoring game by choosing the 12-1 shot Platinum Bombshell in contest race 6, a maiden claiming event at Aqueduct. She was one of just 2 players to hit on the filly piloted by Trevor McCarthy for $35.30. She hit on runner-up Chips All In in the triple dead heat of the Hollywood Turf Express, and then cemented her victory with the win by 7-1 Senza Fina at Hollywood, whose $21.80 score gave her a comfortable lead. In the final race, she put a bow on her victory with the place by Pebble Beach Baby, adding $4.00 to her score and giving her a final total of $63.20, $6.10 ahead of her closest rival, Myles Richards (mylesr), who turned in $57.10.

This was just the most recent big game win for Uzzo, who also took down the $10,000 game on Oct. 5 and was second in the Oct. 12 $10,000 game! What makes her success even more incredible is that Uzzo only started playing horses this year!

"About a year ago, I was introduced to fantasy sports betting. I love the challenge and to my pleasant surprise, was shown a site called DerbyWars," she said. "I spent a short time watching HRTV and watched a few contests and decided to give it a shot and see how horse savvy I may be."

She has certainly picked up the game quickly - her first DerbyWars game was in June and she currently sits in third on the monthly leaderboard - a place she's occupied often in the past 5 months!

"I have bet horses now for about 5 months. I feel I am a jockey/trainer combo bettor before speed bettor, but can say with much confidence that using TimeformUS has quickly given me lots of insight and knowledge that helps me pick more winners. We all really do as horse bettors develop our own style. I really do learn daily. Lots of good people that play these daily give great teaching tips."

New to horse racing? You can still win big - just look at Jody and last week's $10K winner, a 23-year-old college student!

Play DerbyWars Now!