• Lady Shipman breezes home much the best in Belmont's License Fee.Posted 2 days ago
  • Ben's Cat sprints home late to win his 10yo seasonal debut in thrilling fashion.Posted 2 days ago
  • Minding shows her class, easily winning the 1000 Guineas.Posted 2 days ago
  • Uncle Lino digs in to win the inaugural California Chrome Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • A Lot holds off favored Green Mask by a whisker to win the Elusive Quality.Posted 3 days ago
  • Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 3 days ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 4 days ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 7 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 9 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 10 days ago

Theriot Appeals 30-Day Suspension

Jamie Theriot has appealed the 30-day suspension levied on him by the Illinois Racing Board for his involvement in the May 23 racing accident that caused severe injury to Rene Douglas, Theriot’s agent, Fred Aime, said May 27.

Theriot, in a statement released May 27, said: “This was a very difficult decision for me to make, but after consulting with respected members of the racing community and legal counsel, I felt that this was the best course of action to take.

“I am profoundly sorry for the pain that Rene and his family are suffering. Words cannot express my grief. My thoughts and prayers are with them.”