• Smart Transition wins the Curlin at Saratoga for trainer John Shirreffs.Posted 19 hours ago
  • There's no catching Moonlight Song in the John Morrissey over Saratoga's slop.Posted 1 day ago
  • La Verdad wins another, dominating today's Honorable Miss at Saratoga.Posted 2 days ago
  • Solow wins the Qatar Sussex Stakes over a stubborn Arod.Posted 2 days ago
  • Breaking Lucky edges Shaman Ghost in the Prince of Wales.Posted 3 days ago
  • Shore Runner turns it on late to win the Lucky Coin.Posted 4 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox DQ'd giving Curalina the win in the Grade 1 CCA Oaks.Posted 5 days ago
  • In defense of her Royal North win of last year, Ageless sets a new course record at Woodbine.Posted 5 days ago
  • Catch A Flight gets up in the final stride to win the San Diego.Posted 6 days ago
  • Hard Not to Like gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 1 Diana.Posted 6 days ago

Theriot Appeals 30-Day Suspension

Jamie Theriot has appealed the 30-day suspension levied on him by the Illinois Racing Board for his involvement in the May 23 racing accident that caused severe injury to Rene Douglas, Theriot’s agent, Fred Aime, said May 27.

Theriot, in a statement released May 27, said: “This was a very difficult decision for me to make, but after consulting with respected members of the racing community and legal counsel, I felt that this was the best course of action to take.

“I am profoundly sorry for the pain that Rene and his family are suffering. Words cannot express my grief. My thoughts and prayers are with them.”