• Lady Shipman sets a new track record in the OBS Sprint Stakes (Fillies). Posted 21 hours ago
  • Constitution covers 5F in 1:00 1/5 , fastest of 7 at Palm BeachPosted 1 day ago
  • Pure Tactics score down the hill in the Clocker's Corner. Posted 2 days ago
  • California Chrome breezes a mile in 1:41 2/5 at Los AlPosted 2 days ago
  • El Kabeir worked 5F at Belmont in 1:01.59 (2/19)Posted 2 days ago
  • Cassatt hangs on to win the Houston Ladies Classic.Posted 3 days ago
  • Alert Bay skims the rail to win the California Cup Turf Classic. Posted 3 days ago
  • Mischief Clem edges Pulmarack in the California Cup Derby. Posted 3 days ago
  • Birdatthewire rolls to a powerful victory in the Forward Gal. Posted 3 days ago
  • Singing Kitty proves best in the California Cup Oaks. Posted 3 days ago

The Story Behind Horsesanddivorces

When a filly called Horsesanddivorces appears, you know there has to be a story behind the name.

Trainer Kristin Mulhall provided the background. “I saw her at the (Barretts Mixed) sale last year,’’ she said. “I thought she was a beautiful filly and when she went for only $2,500, I bought her. I have a lot of girlfriends who are always getting involved rescuing horses and turning them into show horses. It takes up a lot of their time and I know their husbands are always getting mad, so I thought Horsesanddivorces would be a cute name.”

Turns out, there was another horse named Horsesanddivorces, a male foaled in 2000. It would be interesting to find out what the opposite sex perspective on the name would be.