• There will be a Pick Six carryover of $18,465 when racing resumes Friday at Los Alamitos.Posted 10 hours ago
  • Bayerd gets the job done in the Springboard Mile! Posted 4 days ago
  • Acceptance remains unbeaten in winning the King Glorious! Posted 4 days ago
  • Good Luck Gus best in the Damon Runyon! Posted 4 days ago
  • Mr. Z works 5F in 1:00.00 (2/24) at Los Al on Dec. 14Posted 4 days ago
  • Liam's Map gamely gets his first stakes win in the Harlan's Holiday! Posted 5 days ago
  • Micromanage over Vyjack in the Queens County! Posted 5 days ago
  • Sunbean does it again in the Louisana Champions Day Classic! Posted 5 days ago
  •  Merry Meadow gets up for the win in the Grade 3 Sugar Swirl!Posted 5 days ago
  • Top Billing breezed 3F in :38.00 (4/10) at Payson Park T.C.Posted 6 days ago

The Story Behind Horsesanddivorces

When a filly called Horsesanddivorces appears, you know there has to be a story behind the name.

Trainer Kristin Mulhall provided the background. “I saw her at the (Barretts Mixed) sale last year,’’ she said. “I thought she was a beautiful filly and when she went for only $2,500, I bought her. I have a lot of girlfriends who are always getting involved rescuing horses and turning them into show horses. It takes up a lot of their time and I know their husbands are always getting mad, so I thought Horsesanddivorces would be a cute name.”

Turns out, there was another horse named Horsesanddivorces, a male foaled in 2000. It would be interesting to find out what the opposite sex perspective on the name would be.