• High Noon Rider wins the Better Talk Now as the longest shot on the board.Posted 4 hours ago
  • It's all Stellar Wind in Del Mar's Torrey Pines.Posted 1 day ago
  • Lady Shipman both Smart and Fancy in winning another one at the Spa.Posted 1 day ago
  • Keen Ice shocks American Pharoah in the Travers.Posted 2 days ago
  • Flintshire flaunts his class in the Grade 1 Sword Dancer.Posted 2 days ago
  • Nothing but a walk in the park for Private Zone in the Grade 1 Forego.Posted 2 days ago
  • Runhappy runs them off their feet in the Grade 1 King's Bishop.Posted 2 days ago
  • Unbridled Forever storms to victory in the Grade 1 Ballerina.Posted 2 days ago
  • Sheer Drama makes her claim as the East's best mare with a Personal Ensign win.Posted 2 days ago
  • Lubash runs by King Kreesa to score in the West Point.Posted 3 days ago

The Story Behind Horsesanddivorces

When a filly called Horsesanddivorces appears, you know there has to be a story behind the name.

Trainer Kristin Mulhall provided the background. “I saw her at the (Barretts Mixed) sale last year,’’ she said. “I thought she was a beautiful filly and when she went for only $2,500, I bought her. I have a lot of girlfriends who are always getting involved rescuing horses and turning them into show horses. It takes up a lot of their time and I know their husbands are always getting mad, so I thought Horsesanddivorces would be a cute name.”

Turns out, there was another horse named Horsesanddivorces, a male foaled in 2000. It would be interesting to find out what the opposite sex perspective on the name would be.