• Unique Bella is off the Kentucky Oaks trail with a sore shin, per Steve Anderson.Posted 7 hours ago
  • Hence (10-1) rallies to win the Sunland Park Derby going away.Posted 2 days ago
  • Ghalia (2-1) edges a game Kell Paso in the Sunland Park Oaks.Posted 2 days ago
  • Itsinthepost (6-1) drives home the win in the Grade 2 San Luis Rey.Posted 3 days ago
  • Fear the Cowboy (7-2) comes running late to capture the Grade 3 Skip Away.Posted 3 days ago
  • Fast and Accurate (24-1) bursts through to upset the Grade 3 Spiral.Posted 3 days ago
  • Purely a Dream (12-1) pulls ahead in the stretch to take the Grade 3 Bourbonette Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Arrogate, despite a dreadful break, wins the Dubai World Cup easily.Posted 3 days ago
  • Jack Hobbs is much the best in the Sheema Classic.Posted 3 days ago
  • Vivlos flies late to get up for the win in the $6 million Dubai Turf.Posted 3 days ago

The Story Behind Horsesanddivorces

When a filly called Horsesanddivorces appears, you know there has to be a story behind the name.

Trainer Kristin Mulhall provided the background. “I saw her at the (Barretts Mixed) sale last year,’’ she said. “I thought she was a beautiful filly and when she went for only $2,500, I bought her. I have a lot of girlfriends who are always getting involved rescuing horses and turning them into show horses. It takes up a lot of their time and I know their husbands are always getting mad, so I thought Horsesanddivorces would be a cute name.”

Turns out, there was another horse named Horsesanddivorces, a male foaled in 2000. It would be interesting to find out what the opposite sex perspective on the name would be.