• Cupid (2-5) holds off Curlin Rules in the Harry F. Brubaker.Posted 9 hours ago
  • Ulysses (Galileo) powers by Churchill and Barney Roy in the Group 1 Juddmonte International.Posted 20 hours ago
  • Cracksman (Frankel) cruises to a big victory in the Group 2 Great Voltigeur Stakes at York.Posted 20 hours ago
  • Diversify (1-2) rolls home a big winner in the Evan Shipman.Posted 2 days ago
  • Blackjackcat (8-1) holds off Vyjack to win the Del Mar Mile.Posted 3 days ago
  • Dak Attack (2-1) is an impressive winner of the Ellis Park Juvenile.Posted 3 days ago
  • Channel Maker (8-5) wins the photo and survives multiple objections to win the Breeders' Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Kelly's Humor (11-1) rolls late to win Ellis Park Debutante.Posted 3 days ago
  • Dream Dancing (6-1) nips Beau Recall in the Del Mar Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Collected (3-1) holds off Arrogate in the TVG Pacific Classic.Posted 4 days ago
Saratoga and Del Mar 2017

The Story Behind Horsesanddivorces

When a filly called Horsesanddivorces appears, you know there has to be a story behind the name.

Trainer Kristin Mulhall provided the background. “I saw her at the (Barretts Mixed) sale last year,’’ she said. “I thought she was a beautiful filly and when she went for only $2,500, I bought her. I have a lot of girlfriends who are always getting involved rescuing horses and turning them into show horses. It takes up a lot of their time and I know their husbands are always getting mad, so I thought Horsesanddivorces would be a cute name.”

Turns out, there was another horse named Horsesanddivorces, a male foaled in 2000. It would be interesting to find out what the opposite sex perspective on the name would be.