• Kobe's Back goes from last to first down the stretch to win the Palos Verdes.Posted 2 days ago
  • Storied Lady (4-1) up the rail to nip Saythreehailmary's in the Biogio's Rose.Posted 2 days ago
  • Hoppertunity nips Imperative by a San Antonio head-bob.Posted 3 days ago
  • In her seasonal debut, Songbird is a dominant winner of the Las Virgenes at Santa Anita.Posted 3 days ago
  • Lukes Alley kicks it in late to win the Grade 1 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap.Posted 3 days ago
  • Mor Spirit cruises late to win the Robert B. Lewis at Santa Anita.Posted 3 days ago
  • Aussie-bred Power Alert gets there first in the GP Turf Sprint.Posted 3 days ago
  • Tommy Macho runs away with the Fred Hooper at Gulfsrtream Park.Posted 3 days ago
  • No catching Tammy the Torpedo in the turfy Suwannee River.Posted 3 days ago
  • Lady Shipman (1-5) is an easy winner in the Lady's Turf Sprint at Gulfstream.Posted 3 days ago

The Story Behind Horsesanddivorces

When a filly called Horsesanddivorces appears, you know there has to be a story behind the name.

Trainer Kristin Mulhall provided the background. “I saw her at the (Barretts Mixed) sale last year,’’ she said. “I thought she was a beautiful filly and when she went for only $2,500, I bought her. I have a lot of girlfriends who are always getting involved rescuing horses and turning them into show horses. It takes up a lot of their time and I know their husbands are always getting mad, so I thought Horsesanddivorces would be a cute name.”

Turns out, there was another horse named Horsesanddivorces, a male foaled in 2000. It would be interesting to find out what the opposite sex perspective on the name would be.