• Whitmore wins the 6th race at Aqueduct, his first race back since the Kentucky Derby.Posted 28 minutes ago
  • Even Thunder (5-2) holds on to win the King's Swan.Posted 1 day ago
  • Effinex, earner of more than $3.3 million, has been retired to stud in New York.Posted 4 days ago
  • Back on dirt, Midnight Storm (8-5) rolls home in the Native Diver.Posted 5 days ago
  • Kitasan Black, the favorite, scores victory in the Japan Cup.Posted 6 days ago
  • Farrell (10-1) easily wires the field in the Grade 2 Golden Rod.Posted 6 days ago
  • Connect (3-2) nips Divining Rod in an excellent Cigar Mile stretch duel.Posted 6 days ago
  • Mo Town (4-1) much the best in the Grade 2 Remsen at Aqueduct.Posted 7 days ago
  • Miss Sky Warrior (5-1) holds off Jamyson 'n Ginger in the Demoiselle.Posted 7 days ago
  • Verve's Tale (20-1) powers by Lewis Bay late to win the Comely.Posted 7 days ago

The Story Behind Horsesanddivorces

When a filly called Horsesanddivorces appears, you know there has to be a story behind the name.

Trainer Kristin Mulhall provided the background. “I saw her at the (Barretts Mixed) sale last year,’’ she said. “I thought she was a beautiful filly and when she went for only $2,500, I bought her. I have a lot of girlfriends who are always getting involved rescuing horses and turning them into show horses. It takes up a lot of their time and I know their husbands are always getting mad, so I thought Horsesanddivorces would be a cute name.”

Turns out, there was another horse named Horsesanddivorces, a male foaled in 2000. It would be interesting to find out what the opposite sex perspective on the name would be.