• There's no catching Moonlight Song in the John Morrissey over Saratoga's slop.Posted 4 hours ago
  • La Verdad wins another, dominating today's Honorable Miss at Saratoga.Posted 1 day ago
  • Solow wins the Qatar Sussex Stakes over a stubborn Arod.Posted 1 day ago
  • Breaking Lucky edges Shaman Ghost in the Prince of Wales.Posted 2 days ago
  • Shore Runner turns it on late to win the Lucky Coin.Posted 3 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox DQ'd giving Curalina the win in the Grade 1 CCA Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • In defense of her Royal North win of last year, Ageless sets a new course record at Woodbine.Posted 4 days ago
  • Catch A Flight gets up in the final stride to win the San Diego.Posted 4 days ago
  • Hard Not to Like gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 1 Diana.Posted 5 days ago
  • Big Book remains undefeated with a score in the Fleet Treat.Posted 5 days ago

The Rail: From the Retail World, a Lesson for Racetracks

The Doug O’Neill case has given me a flashback into my other life, long ago.

I have not always been a workout analyst, handicapper, breeder or bloodstock agent; in fact, first I owned horses, while working as an investigator for Home Depot, Carter-Hawley-Hale and Pillsbury.

My job was to train officers to assist me in my daily duties that include working on check and credit card fraud, employee theft investigations and — the fun part — working the floors of the South Bay Galleria, Del Amo Mall and San Diego’s Horton Plaza’s to name a few to apprehend or deter professional grand theft gangs.