• Hoppertunity nips Imperative by a San Antonio head-bob.Posted 8 hours ago
  • In her seasonal debut, Songbird is a dominant winner of the Las Virgenes at Santa Anita.Posted 10 hours ago
  • Lukes Alley kicks it in late to win the Grade 1 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap.Posted 10 hours ago
  • Mor Spirit cruises late to win the Robert B. Lewis at Santa Anita.Posted 10 hours ago
  • Aussie-bred Power Alert gets there first in the GP Turf Sprint.Posted 11 hours ago
  • Tommy Macho runs away with the Fred Hooper at Gulfsrtream Park.Posted 13 hours ago
  • No catching Tammy the Torpedo in the turfy Suwannee River.Posted 13 hours ago
  • Lady Shipman (1-5) is an easy winner in the Lady's Turf Sprint at Gulfstream.Posted 13 hours ago
  • Cadet Roni relishes the slop in the Wishing Well at Santa Anita.Posted 6 days ago
  • Flora Dora gets to the wire first in the Big A's Busanda.Posted 6 days ago

The Rail: From the Retail World, a Lesson for Racetracks

The Doug O’Neill case has given me a flashback into my other life, long ago.

I have not always been a workout analyst, handicapper, breeder or bloodstock agent; in fact, first I owned horses, while working as an investigator for Home Depot, Carter-Hawley-Hale and Pillsbury.

My job was to train officers to assist me in my daily duties that include working on check and credit card fraud, employee theft investigations and — the fun part — working the floors of the South Bay Galleria, Del Amo Mall and San Diego’s Horton Plaza’s to name a few to apprehend or deter professional grand theft gangs.