• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 16 hours ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 1 day ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 1 day ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 1 day ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 1 day ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 1 day ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 1 day ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 1 day ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 2 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 7 days ago

The Rail: From the Retail World, a Lesson for Racetracks

The Doug O’Neill case has given me a flashback into my other life, long ago.

I have not always been a workout analyst, handicapper, breeder or bloodstock agent; in fact, first I owned horses, while working as an investigator for Home Depot, Carter-Hawley-Hale and Pillsbury.

My job was to train officers to assist me in my daily duties that include working on check and credit card fraud, employee theft investigations and — the fun part — working the floors of the South Bay Galleria, Del Amo Mall and San Diego’s Horton Plaza’s to name a few to apprehend or deter professional grand theft gangs.