• The Great War is off the Derby trail following poor finish in the BattagliaPosted 3 days ago
  •  Royal Son scores in the John Battaglia Memorial.Posted 3 days ago
  • Stellar Wind an impressive winner of the Santa Ysabel. Posted 3 days ago
  • Far Right shoots up the rail again to score in the Southwest Stakes. Posted 10 days ago
  • Khozan demolishes a Gulfstream Park allowance field to remain perfect in two starts. Posted 10 days ago
  • No beating North Slope as he returns to dirt a winner in the Evening Attire. Posted 10 days ago
  •  International Star scrapes the paint to win the Risen Star.Posted 10 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox speaks loud and clear in the Rachel Alexandra. Posted 10 days ago
  • Itsaknockout wins the Fountain of Youth on the DQ of Upstart. Posted 11 days ago
  •  Chocolate Ride sneaks away in the Fair Grounds Handicap.Posted 11 days ago

The Rail: From the Retail World, a Lesson for Racetracks

The Doug O’Neill case has given me a flashback into my other life, long ago.

I have not always been a workout analyst, handicapper, breeder or bloodstock agent; in fact, first I owned horses, while working as an investigator for Home Depot, Carter-Hawley-Hale and Pillsbury.

My job was to train officers to assist me in my daily duties that include working on check and credit card fraud, employee theft investigations and — the fun part — working the floors of the South Bay Galleria, Del Amo Mall and San Diego’s Horton Plaza’s to name a few to apprehend or deter professional grand theft gangs.