• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 4 days ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 5 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 5 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 5 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 5 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 8 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 10 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 11 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 11 days ago

The Rail: From the Retail World, a Lesson for Racetracks

The Doug O’Neill case has given me a flashback into my other life, long ago.

I have not always been a workout analyst, handicapper, breeder or bloodstock agent; in fact, first I owned horses, while working as an investigator for Home Depot, Carter-Hawley-Hale and Pillsbury.

My job was to train officers to assist me in my daily duties that include working on check and credit card fraud, employee theft investigations and — the fun part — working the floors of the South Bay Galleria, Del Amo Mall and San Diego’s Horton Plaza’s to name a few to apprehend or deter professional grand theft gangs.