• Whitmore wins the 6th race at Aqueduct, his first race back since the Kentucky Derby.Posted 33 minutes ago
  • Even Thunder (5-2) holds on to win the King's Swan.Posted 1 day ago
  • Effinex, earner of more than $3.3 million, has been retired to stud in New York.Posted 4 days ago
  • Back on dirt, Midnight Storm (8-5) rolls home in the Native Diver.Posted 5 days ago
  • Kitasan Black, the favorite, scores victory in the Japan Cup.Posted 6 days ago
  • Farrell (10-1) easily wires the field in the Grade 2 Golden Rod.Posted 6 days ago
  • Connect (3-2) nips Divining Rod in an excellent Cigar Mile stretch duel.Posted 6 days ago
  • Mo Town (4-1) much the best in the Grade 2 Remsen at Aqueduct.Posted 7 days ago
  • Miss Sky Warrior (5-1) holds off Jamyson 'n Ginger in the Demoiselle.Posted 7 days ago
  • Verve's Tale (20-1) powers by Lewis Bay late to win the Comely.Posted 7 days ago

The Rail: From the Retail World, a Lesson for Racetracks

The Doug O’Neill case has given me a flashback into my other life, long ago.

I have not always been a workout analyst, handicapper, breeder or bloodstock agent; in fact, first I owned horses, while working as an investigator for Home Depot, Carter-Hawley-Hale and Pillsbury.

My job was to train officers to assist me in my daily duties that include working on check and credit card fraud, employee theft investigations and — the fun part — working the floors of the South Bay Galleria, Del Amo Mall and San Diego’s Horton Plaza’s to name a few to apprehend or deter professional grand theft gangs.