• Gold Rush Dancer (14-1) pulls the upset in Del Mar's Real Good Deal Stakes.Posted 1 day ago
  • Haveyougoneaway (7-2) wears down Paulassilverlining to win the Honorable Miss at Saratoga.Posted 1 day ago
  • Exaggerator is going in the Haskell, according to Steve Edelson of the Asbury Park Press.Posted 1 day ago
  • The Gurkha wins a Sussex thriller over Galileo Gold and Ribchester.Posted 1 day ago
  • Amis Gizmo romps home in the Prince of Wales at Fort Erie.Posted 2 days ago
  • Long On Value (7-2) cuts back and rolls in the Lucky Coin Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Songbird repels the challenge of Carina Mia, and romps home in the CCA Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Up With the Birds swings to victory in Woodbine's Nijinsky Stakes.Posted 4 days ago
  • Tin Type Gal rides the rail to victory in Monmouth's Boiling Springs.Posted 4 days ago
  • California Chrome edges Dortmund in a San Diego Handicap showdown.Posted 5 days ago

The Factor Works Fast at Santa Anita

Bob Baffert might need a leash instead of reins to slow down The Factor. Two weeks after breaking his maiden in track record time, the speedy 3-year-old zipped through five furlongs on Santa Anita’s dirt track Jan. 9 in :58 flat under former jockey Joe Steiner.

“I didn’t want him to go that fast,” trainer Bob Baffert said of the gray son of War Front, who ran 1:06.98 for six furlongs when he scored by 8 1/4 lengths Dec. 26. “He went a little too fast; he got away from the rider.

“I don’t know what I’m going to do (for his next race). I’m not saying nothing,” Baffert continued, somewhat tongue-in-cheek. “I know nothing.”

The Factor is owned by Fog City Stable and George Bolton.

Older Comments about The Factor Works Fast at Santa Anita...

Several rabbits have been employed with Lost Code, Cryptroclearance and Slew O Gold
he outran the rabbit(hedivar) but that set it up for Damascus.
Read the good book by Carroll who investigated the upper limits of speed in the breed and concludes, unless the track changes and brings back a lot of energy, the limits of the breed have been reached
VERY few can keep up that kind of speed for very long. We have seen a few: Affirmed, Easy Goer in spotty fashion, Red, Forego when sprinting, on occasion Forty Niner, but none like him. First cousin Ta Wee could outrun most carrying a house on her back.....I will forever kick myself for missing the Californian at Hollywood when the doctor visited my neck of the woods
Fager, however could outrun the rabbits. He is a favorite of mine to. I love to watch his replays and read about him. I'm a huge fans of the speed freaks and hot heads, lol. Fager, could go long though, I don't think The Factor will.
Dr. Fager couldn't be rated that was the weakness exposed by them running rabbits.he is however my personal favorite.would love to see another like him
I actually was thinking next Zensational, lol. I do not think he will go long, not unless he can harness that speed and rate. Even then, he does not scream 10fls to me. If he rates I think he would be effective at 9, but IMO 10 is stretching it.
Is he the next Dr. Fager? turn of foot, balance, very nice stride. Right now i think MAJESTICPERFECTION when i see The Factor.
Is this guy the next Bob Black Jack?
many a baby just takes a very long time to learn to even out their speed
Sounds like- Lost in the Fog, resurrected.