• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 4 days ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 5 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 6 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 6 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 6 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 9 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 10 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 12 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 12 days ago

West Point Thoroughbreds' Terry Finley Talks Two-Year-Olds

Terry Finley 615 X 400

Since West Point Thoroughbreds has a full compliment of two-year-olds in training, with all but four stabled under trainers' roofs in Saratoga, Horse Racing Nation's Tony Bada Bing caught up with West Point Founder/President Terry Finley at the Oklahoma Training Track to talk about his precocious bunch of young runners. A passionate owner, Finley shared the hopes, the pressures, and the sheer enjoyment of running and reaching the winner's circle with a two-year-old at the Spa.

Older Comments about West Point Thoroughbreds' Terry Finley Talks Two-Year-Olds...

Owning racehorses, either off the claim, homebred, or through and auction is TONS of fun. I've owned a couple myself, including one REALLY nice gelding who won several Allowance races AND raced in a G3 but got crushed. I don't have any current racehorses, but I'd love to get one soon. My FAVORITE racehorse I've been around is a claimer named Soft Hit. She was owned by my friend Elliot, and she was a good 6250k claimer. Consistent and ran her heart out everytime.
NOT including the auction price, in 1990 The BloodHorse suggerted that from birth to first race was around 50K...You better have deep deep pockets
Adding one to the bucket list!
Nice video...I want a horse!
Ambitious D- Bold charger has the pedigree to be a very very good turf miler. The potential is there, whether he delivers at all is a crap shoot.
We became partners with WPT about 3 years ago! John and I are living our dream...and dreams do come true! The excitement and thrill of it all is such an incredible feeling! What is amazing about West Point Throughbreds and the staff is they are like a second family. The extra's they do are amazing and they really care!
I was just flipping through the West Point TB website the other day and there are a few 2 year olds that caught my eye. Bold Charger (War Chant - Royal GG by Royal Academy), Indy's Twilight (Discreet Cat - Past Twilight by Pulpit), and Kowboy Boots (Kodiak Kowboy - Boot Scoot n Run by Storm Boot). All are at Saratoga now and I am definitely following their young careers. Thanks for doing a video on the classy ladies and gents over at West Point TBs.
Now, Tony, we just need to have the MONEY to be in a partnership. Nice got on the video.