• Lady Shipman breezes home much the best in Belmont's License Fee.Posted 4 days ago
  • Ben's Cat sprints home late to win his 10yo seasonal debut in thrilling fashion.Posted 4 days ago
  • Minding shows her class, easily winning the 1000 Guineas.Posted 4 days ago
  • Uncle Lino digs in to win the inaugural California Chrome Stakes.Posted 5 days ago
  • A Lot holds off favored Green Mask by a whisker to win the Elusive Quality.Posted 5 days ago
  • Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 5 days ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 6 days ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 9 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 11 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 12 days ago

Ten Juveniles Seek Delta Jackpot

While the winner of the Grey Goose Breeders’ Cup Juvenile (G1) typically is labeled the earliest Kentucky Derby (G1) favorite, the road to the first Saturday in May appears to start in earnest at Delta Downs.

With a $1-million purse, the winner of the Delta Downs Jackpot Stakes (G3) on Saturday will own an easy path toward securing a starting spot in the Derby’s field of 20, which is determined by purse earnings in graded stakes races.

The journey to Churchill Downs is a long one, however, as only Outta Here (2002) and Z Humor (2007) have competed in the Derby after winning the Jackpot. West Side Bernie finished ninth in the 2008 Derby after a runner-up finish to Big Drama in that year’s Jackpot.

The 1 1/16-mile race for two-year-olds drew an impressive field of ten, including eight stakes winners.

Older Comments about Ten Juveniles Seek Delta Jackpot ...

BTW: I didn't post it because I only settled on that play after watching the odds board with 7 minutes to post which in Gambling in general odds are the most essential ingredient. Others may have different opinion's but as a life long poker player I'm usually looking at 2-1 as a gift to get all my money in.
The nice part of exotics is as I've stated before is you don't have to pick to winner so instead of a fat bet I went front and back with the ALL #1 as I still felt the #4 was strong but a $20-1 shot why take a chance on a another longshot beating you out,which is what you really want and that race was wide open.
Progeny earnings of over $26,000,000 from 355 starters and 272 winners which is 76.6% winners per starter.... That information moved me off the #4 and #9 to #1 who before the race came up I thought I was looking at about a $14 horse. What a surprise.
nice betting race seems anything can happen.so much early speed. of the early speed seems #1 is the only on can rate.
"Dreams" from out of the clouds!