• There's no catching Si Sage in the Grade 2 Charles Whittingham Stakes at Santa Anita.Posted 4 hours ago
  • Lexie Lou returns to her winning ways in today's Grade 2 Nassau Stakes.Posted 7 hours ago
  • Enola Gray takes the Melair gate to wire.Posted 1 day ago
  • Surgical Strike charges on the outside to win the Arlington Classic (G3).Posted 1 day ago
  • Diva Express and I'm a Looker make a dead heat run in the Winning Colors (G3).Posted 1 day ago
  • Flipcup game in Arlington Matron (G3) victory.Posted 1 day ago
  • In his first start since the Remsen, Gift Box rolls over a strong allowance field at Belmont.Posted 3 days ago
  • Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 6 days ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 7 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 8 days ago

Tech Fall Looking at Jim Dandy

Under consideration for the Jim Dandy is Tech Fall, who in his first stakes appearance finished fourth, beaten four lengths, in the Dwyer.

“Being by Birdstone, he wants to go forever,” said co-owner Mike Caruso. “I spoke with [trainer] Tony Dutrow this morning, and he said the horse came out of the race great, and he’s looking at the Jim Dandy.”

The colt’s unusual name is actually a wrestling term, which is not surprising considering that Dutrow’s three school-age sons wrestle, and Caruso, a three-time NCAA wrestling champion, is a member of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame.

“I grew up in Newark, New Jersey, and my father used to take me to Monmouth Park once a year,” said Caruso. “I bought a part of a horse years ago, and it gets in your blood. This Friday will be the 40th anniversary of my first business, and during those years, going to see the horses was a way to ‘get away’ for my late wife and myself. It was our vacation.”

Among the horses Caruso has been involved with are Stadivisnky, who won last year’s Grade 3 Jaipur at Belmont Park.

“For him to win the Jaipur and compete in the Breeders’ Cup [13th in the Turf Sprint]  was a big thrill,” said Caruso.