• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 3 days ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 4 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 4 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 4 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 4 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 7 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 9 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 10 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 10 days ago

Tech Fall Looking at Jim Dandy

Under consideration for the Jim Dandy is Tech Fall, who in his first stakes appearance finished fourth, beaten four lengths, in the Dwyer.

“Being by Birdstone, he wants to go forever,” said co-owner Mike Caruso. “I spoke with [trainer] Tony Dutrow this morning, and he said the horse came out of the race great, and he’s looking at the Jim Dandy.”

The colt’s unusual name is actually a wrestling term, which is not surprising considering that Dutrow’s three school-age sons wrestle, and Caruso, a three-time NCAA wrestling champion, is a member of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame.

“I grew up in Newark, New Jersey, and my father used to take me to Monmouth Park once a year,” said Caruso. “I bought a part of a horse years ago, and it gets in your blood. This Friday will be the 40th anniversary of my first business, and during those years, going to see the horses was a way to ‘get away’ for my late wife and myself. It was our vacation.”

Among the horses Caruso has been involved with are Stadivisnky, who won last year’s Grade 3 Jaipur at Belmont Park.

“For him to win the Jaipur and compete in the Breeders’ Cup [13th in the Turf Sprint]  was a big thrill,” said Caruso.