• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 4 days ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 4 days ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 5 days ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 5 days ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 5 days ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 6 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 6 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Tech Fall Looking at Jim Dandy

Under consideration for the Jim Dandy is Tech Fall, who in his first stakes appearance finished fourth, beaten four lengths, in the Dwyer.

“Being by Birdstone, he wants to go forever,” said co-owner Mike Caruso. “I spoke with [trainer] Tony Dutrow this morning, and he said the horse came out of the race great, and he’s looking at the Jim Dandy.”

The colt’s unusual name is actually a wrestling term, which is not surprising considering that Dutrow’s three school-age sons wrestle, and Caruso, a three-time NCAA wrestling champion, is a member of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame.

“I grew up in Newark, New Jersey, and my father used to take me to Monmouth Park once a year,” said Caruso. “I bought a part of a horse years ago, and it gets in your blood. This Friday will be the 40th anniversary of my first business, and during those years, going to see the horses was a way to ‘get away’ for my late wife and myself. It was our vacation.”

Among the horses Caruso has been involved with are Stadivisnky, who won last year’s Grade 3 Jaipur at Belmont Park.

“For him to win the Jaipur and compete in the Breeders’ Cup [13th in the Turf Sprint]  was a big thrill,” said Caruso.