• Highland Reel wins another big one, this time in the Prince of Wales's at Royal Ascot.Posted 1 day ago
  • Highland Reel (2-1) powers to victory in the Prince of Wales's Stakes (G1) at Royal AscotPosted 1 day ago
  • Lady Aurelia (2-1) easily wins at Royal Ascot again in the King's Stand (G1).Posted 2 days ago
  • Timeline (1-10) cruises in Monmouth's Pegasus Stakes to remain perfect..Posted 4 days ago
  • Sweeping Paddy (7-2) pounces and scores in the Regret Stakes.Posted 5 days ago
  • Gun Runner (1-2) romps home much the best in the Grade 1 Stephen Foster.Posted 5 days ago
  • Forever Unbridled (1-1) way too much for her Fleur de Lis foes.Posted 5 days ago
  • Kasaqui (3-1) rolls down the lane to victory in the Wise Dan.Posted 5 days ago
  • Faypien (7-2) edges Mopotism in the Grade 2 Summertime Oaks.Posted 5 days ago
  • McCraken (1-5) rolls to a facile score in the Matt Winn.Posted 5 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Royal Ascot 2017

Tech Fall Looking at Jim Dandy

Under consideration for the Jim Dandy is Tech Fall, who in his first stakes appearance finished fourth, beaten four lengths, in the Dwyer.

“Being by Birdstone, he wants to go forever,” said co-owner Mike Caruso. “I spoke with [trainer] Tony Dutrow this morning, and he said the horse came out of the race great, and he’s looking at the Jim Dandy.”

The colt’s unusual name is actually a wrestling term, which is not surprising considering that Dutrow’s three school-age sons wrestle, and Caruso, a three-time NCAA wrestling champion, is a member of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame.

“I grew up in Newark, New Jersey, and my father used to take me to Monmouth Park once a year,” said Caruso. “I bought a part of a horse years ago, and it gets in your blood. This Friday will be the 40th anniversary of my first business, and during those years, going to see the horses was a way to ‘get away’ for my late wife and myself. It was our vacation.”

Among the horses Caruso has been involved with are Stadivisnky, who won last year’s Grade 3 Jaipur at Belmont Park.

“For him to win the Jaipur and compete in the Breeders’ Cup [13th in the Turf Sprint]  was a big thrill,” said Caruso.