• Abel Tasman (12-1) gets up in time to beat American Gal in the Grade 1 Starlet.Posted 17 minutes ago
  • Mastery (1-5) shrugs off his competition in the Grade 1 Los Alamitos CashCall Futurity.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Party Boat (5-2) gets her head down to win the Wait a While.Posted 2 hours ago
  • Fact Finding (8-5) draws clear of the Smooth Air field and keeps a perfect record.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Lovable Lady (12-1) blasts away in the Willa On the Move Stakes.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Paulassilverlining (1-9) makes easy work of the Garland of Roses field.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Sonic Mule (3-1) keeps the wins for Todd Pletcher rolling in the Buffalo Man.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Tapwrit (3-2) holds off stablemate Master Plan to win the Pulpit.Posted 4 hours ago
  • Lirica (5-2) finds a clear path to take the Hut Hut Stakes.Posted 6 hours ago
  • Bode's Dream (5-2) returns victorious in the House Party to remain undefeated.Posted 6 hours ago

Tech Fall Looking at Jim Dandy

Under consideration for the Jim Dandy is Tech Fall, who in his first stakes appearance finished fourth, beaten four lengths, in the Dwyer.

“Being by Birdstone, he wants to go forever,” said co-owner Mike Caruso. “I spoke with [trainer] Tony Dutrow this morning, and he said the horse came out of the race great, and he’s looking at the Jim Dandy.”

The colt’s unusual name is actually a wrestling term, which is not surprising considering that Dutrow’s three school-age sons wrestle, and Caruso, a three-time NCAA wrestling champion, is a member of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame.

“I grew up in Newark, New Jersey, and my father used to take me to Monmouth Park once a year,” said Caruso. “I bought a part of a horse years ago, and it gets in your blood. This Friday will be the 40th anniversary of my first business, and during those years, going to see the horses was a way to ‘get away’ for my late wife and myself. It was our vacation.”

Among the horses Caruso has been involved with are Stadivisnky, who won last year’s Grade 3 Jaipur at Belmont Park.

“For him to win the Jaipur and compete in the Breeders’ Cup [13th in the Turf Sprint]  was a big thrill,” said Caruso.