• Highland Reel wins another big one, this time in the Prince of Wales's at Royal Ascot.Posted 2 days ago
  • Highland Reel (2-1) powers to victory in the Prince of Wales's Stakes (G1) at Royal AscotPosted 2 days ago
  • Lady Aurelia (2-1) easily wins at Royal Ascot again in the King's Stand (G1).Posted 3 days ago
  • Timeline (1-10) cruises in Monmouth's Pegasus Stakes to remain perfect..Posted 5 days ago
  • Sweeping Paddy (7-2) pounces and scores in the Regret Stakes.Posted 5 days ago
  • Gun Runner (1-2) romps home much the best in the Grade 1 Stephen Foster.Posted 5 days ago
  • Forever Unbridled (1-1) way too much for her Fleur de Lis foes.Posted 5 days ago
  • Kasaqui (3-1) rolls down the lane to victory in the Wise Dan.Posted 6 days ago
  • Faypien (7-2) edges Mopotism in the Grade 2 Summertime Oaks.Posted 6 days ago
  • McCraken (1-5) rolls to a facile score in the Matt Winn.Posted 6 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Royal Ascot 2017

Tajaaweed Eyes Arlington Million

Tajaaweed Eyes Arlington Million

Shadwell Stable’s Tajaaweed, clearly best in Saturday’s Grade III Arlington Handicap, will continue on his projected road to the Grade I Arlington Million five weeks later on Aug. 13, according to trainer Dan Peitz.

“I guess I started thinking about this plan last October at Keeneland,” said Peitz Sunday morning during training hours.  “I remember talking to Rick Nichols, general manager of Shadwell in Lexington about it after Tajaaweed finished fourth in the (Grade III) Sycamore Stakes.  He asked me if I wanted to take the horse to Hot Springs and try to win a stakes at Oaklawn or possibly at Fair Grounds.  I told him what I’d really like to do is freshen the horse up like they used to do in the old days and then point him toward another run in the Arlington Handicap and the Arlington Million like we did last year.  He told me that if that was what I wanted to do, the plan sounded good to him, too, so that’s what we did.  We turned him out.

“So far, my plan seems to be coming to fruition,” Peitz said of Tajaaweed, who finished third in last year’s Arlington Handicap and sixth in the Million.  “And now, after his win yesterday, we get a free ride to the Million (Million nomination fees waived after Saturday’s victory).  That was a nice race he ran yesterday and I think he’s running a little better this year than last, and now, hopefully, we’ll have a good five weeks to get him ready for the Million.”