• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 4 days ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 5 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 5 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 5 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 5 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 8 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 10 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 11 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 11 days ago

Tajaaweed Eyes Arlington Million

Tajaaweed Eyes Arlington Million

Shadwell Stable’s Tajaaweed, clearly best in Saturday’s Grade III Arlington Handicap, will continue on his projected road to the Grade I Arlington Million five weeks later on Aug. 13, according to trainer Dan Peitz.

“I guess I started thinking about this plan last October at Keeneland,” said Peitz Sunday morning during training hours.  “I remember talking to Rick Nichols, general manager of Shadwell in Lexington about it after Tajaaweed finished fourth in the (Grade III) Sycamore Stakes.  He asked me if I wanted to take the horse to Hot Springs and try to win a stakes at Oaklawn or possibly at Fair Grounds.  I told him what I’d really like to do is freshen the horse up like they used to do in the old days and then point him toward another run in the Arlington Handicap and the Arlington Million like we did last year.  He told me that if that was what I wanted to do, the plan sounded good to him, too, so that’s what we did.  We turned him out.

“So far, my plan seems to be coming to fruition,” Peitz said of Tajaaweed, who finished third in last year’s Arlington Handicap and sixth in the Million.  “And now, after his win yesterday, we get a free ride to the Million (Million nomination fees waived after Saturday’s victory).  That was a nice race he ran yesterday and I think he’s running a little better this year than last, and now, hopefully, we’ll have a good five weeks to get him ready for the Million.”