Ticker
  • Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 2 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 3 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 3 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 3 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 3 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 3 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 3 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 3 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 4 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 9 days ago

Sustained, Worth Repeating out of BC

Paul Pompa, Jr.’s 2yo filly Sustained was declared Friday morning from a start in the $1 million Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf and Donkey Island Racing and partners’ 6yo Worth Repeating came out of the $500,000 Breeders’ Cup Marathon, both races to be run later in the afternoon at Santa Anita Park.
 
The defection of Sustained from the Juvenile Fillies Turf allowed Mrs. John Magnier and Michael Tabor’s Irish-trained Infanta Branca to draw into the race from the also-eligible list for trainer Aidan O’Brien.
 
Trainer Dale Romans said of the withdrawal of Sustained, “We probably could have gone, but we felt it to be better safe than sorry.”
 
Sustained had been bothered by a bruise to the right front foot and the Romans team thought they had it under control, but it flared up again Friday morning resulting in the decision to declare.
 
Trainer Michael Machowsky commented about the defection of Worth Repeating, “After training yesterday morning he wasn’t quite right. Last night I had my vet and the state vet take a look at him and we said we’d do a double check this morning.
 
“He was just a little off in his left front; not much, but it was there. This morning both vets looked at him again and it was still there. So then it becomes a no brainer. I can’t run him in a race like this unless he’s 100 percent. He’ll be back for another day.”
 
 
 

 

comments powered by Disqus

Related Pages

Related Stories

Top Stories