• Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 12 minutes ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 4 days ago
  • Cheekaboo wins a blanket finish in the Honeymoon at 23-1.Posted 4 days ago
  • Donegal Moon scores after Unified comes up empty in the Pegasus Stakes.Posted 4 days ago
  • Ancient Secret just gets up to win the Wild Applause Stakes at Belmont Park.Posted 4 days ago
  • Bradester (9-1) upsets the Stephen Foster (G1) in gate to wire fashionPosted 5 days ago
  • Pleuven (Fr), with a stalking move, wins the Wise Dan (G2) at 7-1Posted 5 days ago
  • Paid Up Subscriber (6-1) rallies and draws off to win the Fleur de Lis Handicap (G2)Posted 5 days ago
  • Songbird (1-9) stays unbeaten in the Summertime Oaks (G2) at Santa Anita.Posted 5 days ago
  • Gun Runner (1-9) goes gate to wire to easily take the Matt Winn (G3).Posted 5 days ago

Sunshine Millions Sprint Quotes

Gulfstream Park
Photo: MEC

Rick Dutrow (This Ones for Phil) – “It was a great horse race. I’m glad everybody got to see it and I’m glad we were able to win it. When he won here last year (Sunshine Millions Dash) it was his first start for us, so we didn’t know what to expect, but he’s been breezing like clockwork and we expected him to run well today. He had chips removed from his knees (after finishing fifth in Woody Stephens at Belmont Park on June 6) and is a better horse for it. We considered running him in the Cigar Mile last fall, but decided to go with the easier allowance race at Laurel looking ahead to this year. Then we skipped a race at Calder (Kenny Noe Jr. on Dec. 26) and I’m glad we did, because he needed everything he had today. Well hope for an invitation to Dubai ($2 million Golden Shaheen on Mar. 27) down the straightaway like we did with Benny the Bull a couple years ago (he won).”

John Velazquez (Jockey, This One’s for Phil, 1st) – “When I saw that horse (Pashito the Che) on the lead, I knew he was the horse to beat, so I got right after him. At the three-sixteenth’s pole I got head-to-head with him, and from then on it was both of those horses. They fought every step of the way, all the way home, and it was just the luck of bob to me, I guess. When you get to ride horses like this, and they run the way those two did, it’s very exciting.”

Scott Lake (Trainer, Pashito the Che, 2nd) – “Johnny (Velazquez) rode a smart race with his early move. It was a tremendous effort from both horses; neither one wanted to give an inch. It was the kind of race the people love to see.”

Eibar Coa (Jockey, Pashito the Che, 2nd) - “From the quarter pole on, I thought he had me. I thought he could go by me at anytime. But I just kept riding, and my horse just kept fighting. But really, I thought he had me. My horse ran such a big race and he ran so fast. I was really proud of him.”