• In his first start since the Remsen, Gift Box rolls over a strong allowance field at Belmont.Posted 1 day ago
  • Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 4 days ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 5 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 6 days ago
  • Takeover Target flies home late to win from last in the Grade 2 Dixie.Posted 6 days ago
  • American Freedom fights back for Sir Barton victory.Posted 6 days ago
  • Mizz Money holds on to take the Gallorette (G3) by a nose.Posted 6 days ago
  • Justin Squared was too fast to catch in the Chick Lang.Posted 6 days ago
  • Lady Shipman does not disappoint with a victory in The Very One.Posted 6 days ago
  • Marengo Road gets ahead to take the James W. Murphy.Posted 6 days ago

Sunshine Millions Sprint Quotes

Gulfstream Park
Photo: MEC

Rick Dutrow (This Ones for Phil) – “It was a great horse race. I’m glad everybody got to see it and I’m glad we were able to win it. When he won here last year (Sunshine Millions Dash) it was his first start for us, so we didn’t know what to expect, but he’s been breezing like clockwork and we expected him to run well today. He had chips removed from his knees (after finishing fifth in Woody Stephens at Belmont Park on June 6) and is a better horse for it. We considered running him in the Cigar Mile last fall, but decided to go with the easier allowance race at Laurel looking ahead to this year. Then we skipped a race at Calder (Kenny Noe Jr. on Dec. 26) and I’m glad we did, because he needed everything he had today. Well hope for an invitation to Dubai ($2 million Golden Shaheen on Mar. 27) down the straightaway like we did with Benny the Bull a couple years ago (he won).”

John Velazquez (Jockey, This One’s for Phil, 1st) – “When I saw that horse (Pashito the Che) on the lead, I knew he was the horse to beat, so I got right after him. At the three-sixteenth’s pole I got head-to-head with him, and from then on it was both of those horses. They fought every step of the way, all the way home, and it was just the luck of bob to me, I guess. When you get to ride horses like this, and they run the way those two did, it’s very exciting.”

Scott Lake (Trainer, Pashito the Che, 2nd) – “Johnny (Velazquez) rode a smart race with his early move. It was a tremendous effort from both horses; neither one wanted to give an inch. It was the kind of race the people love to see.”

Eibar Coa (Jockey, Pashito the Che, 2nd) - “From the quarter pole on, I thought he had me. I thought he could go by me at anytime. But I just kept riding, and my horse just kept fighting. But really, I thought he had me. My horse ran such a big race and he ran so fast. I was really proud of him.”