• Favorite Tara's Tango surges to win the Santa Maria at the wire.Posted 14 hours ago
  • O'Neill's strengthens his stable of 3-year-olds as Frank Conversation wins the El Camino Real Derby.Posted 14 hours ago
  • Bolo nabs Obviously in the final strides of the Arcadia.Posted 17 hours ago
  • BC Mile heroine Tepin crushes her foes in the Lambholm South Endeavor Stakes. Posted 18 hours ago
  • Dancing House is ultra-game in taking the Barbara Fritchie.Posted 18 hours ago
  • Penwith scores in the Royal Delta at Gulfstream Park.Posted 19 hours ago
  • Destin rolls home in the Sam F. Davis at Tampa Bay Downs.Posted 19 hours ago
  • Polar River wins the UAE 1000 Guineas by a pole.Posted 2 days ago
  • Kobe's Back goes from last to first down the stretch to win the Palos Verdes.Posted 6 days ago
  • Storied Lady (4-1) up the rail to nip Saythreehailmary's in the Biogio's Rose.Posted 6 days ago

Summer Bird Splashes Past Quality Road in Gold Cup

There’s no way to say this without sounding like a disparagement of Summer Bird, who owes me absolutely nothing. He saved me in the Belmont Stakes and made me a Travers celebrity for 15 minutes. I owe him.

Older Comments about Summer Bird Splashes Past Quality Road in Gold Cup...

Summer Bird, too, saved me in the Belmont. I had him $10.00 ATB, and he was 11-1, which netted me almost $200. That said, his performance was excellent today. I thought Quality Road would win this race, and still have to wonder if on a dry track if Quality Road may still be able to beat Summer Bird. Because Q.R. ran at him very gamely,even after seeming to not like the mud at Saratoga in the Travers and still came close to winning. But I take nothing away from S.B. He ran like a true champion today, and I wish him all the best. I do look forward to the day that Quality Road gets to race Summer Bird and other top competitors on a dry track. That's when his speed will really show itself and on that day he may turn the tables and get at least a small measure of revenge.