• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 1 day ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 1 day ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 2 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 2 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 2 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 2 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 5 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 7 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 8 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 8 days ago

Summer Bird Splashes Past Quality Road in Gold Cup

There’s no way to say this without sounding like a disparagement of Summer Bird, who owes me absolutely nothing. He saved me in the Belmont Stakes and made me a Travers celebrity for 15 minutes. I owe him.

Older Comments about Summer Bird Splashes Past Quality Road in Gold Cup...

Summer Bird, too, saved me in the Belmont. I had him $10.00 ATB, and he was 11-1, which netted me almost $200. That said, his performance was excellent today. I thought Quality Road would win this race, and still have to wonder if on a dry track if Quality Road may still be able to beat Summer Bird. Because Q.R. ran at him very gamely,even after seeming to not like the mud at Saratoga in the Travers and still came close to winning. But I take nothing away from S.B. He ran like a true champion today, and I wish him all the best. I do look forward to the day that Quality Road gets to race Summer Bird and other top competitors on a dry track. That's when his speed will really show itself and on that day he may turn the tables and get at least a small measure of revenge.