• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 4 days ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 4 days ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 5 days ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 5 days ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 6 days ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 6 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 6 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Summer Bird Splashes Past Quality Road in Gold Cup

There’s no way to say this without sounding like a disparagement of Summer Bird, who owes me absolutely nothing. He saved me in the Belmont Stakes and made me a Travers celebrity for 15 minutes. I owe him.

Older Comments about Summer Bird Splashes Past Quality Road in Gold Cup...

Summer Bird, too, saved me in the Belmont. I had him $10.00 ATB, and he was 11-1, which netted me almost $200. That said, his performance was excellent today. I thought Quality Road would win this race, and still have to wonder if on a dry track if Quality Road may still be able to beat Summer Bird. Because Q.R. ran at him very gamely,even after seeming to not like the mud at Saratoga in the Travers and still came close to winning. But I take nothing away from S.B. He ran like a true champion today, and I wish him all the best. I do look forward to the day that Quality Road gets to race Summer Bird and other top competitors on a dry track. That's when his speed will really show itself and on that day he may turn the tables and get at least a small measure of revenge.