• Arrogate draws post position #9 for Saturday's Dubai World Cup.Posted 2 days ago
  • Vale Dori (6-5) wins a virtual match race over Finest City in the G1 Santa Margarita.Posted 6 days ago
  • Malagacy (3-1) remains unbeaten with an impressive Rebel win.Posted 6 days ago
  • Enola Gray (2-5) much the best down the hill in the Irish O'Brien.Posted 6 days ago
  • Jenda's Agenda (2-5) stays unbeaten with a facile win in the Caeser's Wish.Posted 6 days ago
  • Mor Spirit (1-2) too good in the Essex at Oaklawn Park.Posted 6 days ago
  • Distinta (11-1) gets up on the shadow of the wire in the Inside Information.Posted 6 days ago
  • Twisted Tom (4-1) gets up in the final jump to win the Private Terms.Posted 6 days ago
  • Streamline (12-1) upsets the Azeri; rough trip for favorite Terra Promessa.Posted 6 days ago
  • Clothes Fall Off (6-5) undresses the competition in the Correction.Posted 6 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Dubai World Cup 2017

Successful Mission Never Headed in Elkwood

Live Oak Plantation’s Successful Mission took command out of the gate and never looked back, besting his eight rivals to capture the $75,000 Elkwood Stakes at Monmouth Park on Saturday.

Trained by Edward Plesa Jr., Successful Mission covered the mile over a fast main track in 1:35 and paid $11, $5.80 and $4.20.  It was 7 ¼ lengths back to Hockley who completed the $71.20 exacta and paid $7.40 and $4.20.  Not Abroad rallied to finish another 7 ½ lengths back in third, good for a $6 show mutuel.  Post-time favorite Get Serious failed to fire in the Elkwood, a race originally scheduled for the turf, and finished last.

“He was very comfortable,” said winning jockey Chuck C. Lopez.  “I worked him the other day and he handled the dirt great for a turf horse.  I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to beat Get Serious to the lead but I worked on my horse and was able to get the jump.  I looked back at the eighth pole and couldn’t believe how far in front I was.”

A 5-year-old gelding by Successful Appeal from the Cryptoclearance mare Ava Knowsthecode, Successful Mission sports a record of 8-0-2 from 17 starts.  He has earned $332,643 for his connections.