• Far Right shoots up the rail again to score in the Southwest Stakes. Posted 5 days ago
  • Khozan demolishes a Gulfstream Park allowance field to remain perfect in two starts. Posted 5 days ago
  • No beating North Slope as he returns to dirt a winner in the Evening Attire. Posted 5 days ago
  •  International Star scrapes the paint to win the Risen Star.Posted 6 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox speaks loud and clear in the Rachel Alexandra. Posted 6 days ago
  • Itsaknockout wins the Fountain of Youth on the DQ of Upstart. Posted 6 days ago
  •  Chocolate Ride sneaks away in the Fair Grounds Handicap.Posted 6 days ago
  • Long On Value clearly Best in the Canadian Turf. Posted 6 days ago
  •  Street Babe surprise the Mineshaft field at Fair Grounds.Posted 6 days ago
  • Main Sequence storms home late to win the Mac Diarmida! Posted 6 days ago

Strike the Bell Could Reemerge in Athenia

Strike the Bell, denied a chance to defend her title in the September 18 Grade 3 Noble Damsel by a fever, could reemerge in the October 15 Athenia, trainer David Donk said.

Owned by Rising Star Stables, Strike the Bell is "50/50" for the 1 1/16-mile turf event, according to Donk.

"I missed some time with her. She got sick, so I don't know," said Donk. "I need to be able to breeze her early in the week. She'll have to breeze really well for me to consider it."

Strike the Bell hasn't raced since finishing seventh in the Grade 2 Ballston Spa on August 27 at Saratoga Race Course, and the training the 5-year-old missed during her recent illness has Donk concerned.

"I missed a couple of weeks with her," said Donk. "Too much, so we'll see."