• Gold Rush Dancer (14-1) pulls the upset in Del Mar's Real Good Deal Stakes.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Haveyougoneaway (7-2) wears down Paulassilverlining to win the Honorable Miss at Saratoga.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Exaggerator is going in the Haskell, according to Steve Edelson of the Asbury Park Press.Posted 19 hours ago
  • The Gurkha wins a Sussex thriller over Galileo Gold and Ribchester.Posted 22 hours ago
  • Amis Gizmo romps home in the Prince of Wales at Fort Erie.Posted 1 day ago
  • Long On Value (7-2) cuts back and rolls in the Lucky Coin Stakes.Posted 2 days ago
  • Songbird repels the challenge of Carina Mia, and romps home in the CCA Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Up With the Birds swings to victory in Woodbine's Nijinsky Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Tin Type Gal rides the rail to victory in Monmouth's Boiling Springs.Posted 3 days ago
  • California Chrome edges Dortmund in a San Diego Handicap showdown.Posted 4 days ago

Street Life Set for Belmont Stakes

Belmont Stakes 2012 logo.
Photo: Kevin Creative (Kevin House)
In his final workout before the Belmont, Street Life gave trainer Chad Brown exactly what he wanted, breezing five furlongs in 1:01.15 in company with stablemate Zivo.

According to NYRA clockers, Street Life galloped out six furlongs in 1:13.55.

“I was looking for five-eighths in 1:01 and that’s exactly what he did. He galloped out good and came back with plenty of energy,” said Brown, who described Zivo as a “pretty promising” horse. “We just wanted to maintain where he’s at. I really wasn’t looking to do anything more than that, so mission accomplished.”

According to Brown, Street Life has always been a “little lazy,” but Brown added that the horse has matured and become sharper as a 3-year-old, particularly after the addition of blinkers. “I could maybe work him by himself now, but just to be safe, I worked him in company.”

As a former assistant to trainer Bobby Frankel, who spoiled Funny Cide’s bid for the Triple Crown when he won the Belmont in 2003 with Empire Maker, Brown thinks that Frankel’s advice would be to stick to the program for the horse and not make too many changes for this one race.

And like his mentor, he doesn’t shrink from the idea of spoiling a Triple Crown. “As a racing fan, I’d like to see a Triple Crown winner, but when I’m in the race, I certainly don’t want to see it this year.”

Older Comments about Street Life Set for Belmont Stakes...

I like this horse !!