• Arrogate draws post position #9 for Saturday's Dubai World Cup.Posted 16 hours ago
  • Vale Dori (6-5) wins a virtual match race over Finest City in the G1 Santa Margarita.Posted 4 days ago
  • Malagacy (3-1) remains unbeaten with an impressive Rebel win.Posted 4 days ago
  • Enola Gray (2-5) much the best down the hill in the Irish O'Brien.Posted 4 days ago
  • Jenda's Agenda (2-5) stays unbeaten with a facile win in the Caeser's Wish.Posted 4 days ago
  • Mor Spirit (1-2) too good in the Essex at Oaklawn Park.Posted 4 days ago
  • Distinta (11-1) gets up on the shadow of the wire in the Inside Information.Posted 4 days ago
  • Twisted Tom (4-1) gets up in the final jump to win the Private Terms.Posted 4 days ago
  • Streamline (12-1) upsets the Azeri; rough trip for favorite Terra Promessa.Posted 4 days ago
  • Clothes Fall Off (6-5) undresses the competition in the Correction.Posted 4 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Dubai World Cup 2017

Street Life Set for Belmont Stakes

Belmont Stakes 2012 logo.
Photo: Kevin Creative (Kevin House)
In his final workout before the Belmont, Street Life gave trainer Chad Brown exactly what he wanted, breezing five furlongs in 1:01.15 in company with stablemate Zivo.

According to NYRA clockers, Street Life galloped out six furlongs in 1:13.55.

“I was looking for five-eighths in 1:01 and that’s exactly what he did. He galloped out good and came back with plenty of energy,” said Brown, who described Zivo as a “pretty promising” horse. “We just wanted to maintain where he’s at. I really wasn’t looking to do anything more than that, so mission accomplished.”

According to Brown, Street Life has always been a “little lazy,” but Brown added that the horse has matured and become sharper as a 3-year-old, particularly after the addition of blinkers. “I could maybe work him by himself now, but just to be safe, I worked him in company.”

As a former assistant to trainer Bobby Frankel, who spoiled Funny Cide’s bid for the Triple Crown when he won the Belmont in 2003 with Empire Maker, Brown thinks that Frankel’s advice would be to stick to the program for the horse and not make too many changes for this one race.

And like his mentor, he doesn’t shrink from the idea of spoiling a Triple Crown. “As a racing fan, I’d like to see a Triple Crown winner, but when I’m in the race, I certainly don’t want to see it this year.”

Older Comments about Street Life Set for Belmont Stakes...

I like this horse !!