• Far From Over is injured and off the Kentucky Derby trail, according to owner, James Covello.Posted 1 day ago
  • Materiality turns away the challenge of Upstart to win the Florida Derby.Posted 4 days ago
  • International Star reels in Stanford late to win the Louisiana Derby.Posted 4 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox sweeps the 3yo filly stakes at Fair Grounds with today's win in the Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Pants On Fire guts out a win in the Sir Shackleton.Posted 4 days ago
  • War Correspondent rolls late to win the Appleton.Posted 4 days ago
  • Prince Bishop wins the world's richest race; California Chrome 2nd.Posted 4 days ago
  • Dolniya dominates the boys in the Dubai Sheema ClassicPosted 4 days ago
  • Solow defeats The Grey Gatsby in the $6,000,000 Dubai TurfPosted 4 days ago

Stevens on the Move After Knee Surgery

Hall of Fame jockey Gary Stevens was on a bench near the stable area racing office Friday morning. Attired in a tee shirt and shorts, the right knee that Stevens had surgically replaced exactly three weeks ago was on display for all to see.

“I’m no different than anyone else. They said the first two weeks (after surgery) would be hell, and they were,” Stevens said. “But I’ve gotten rid of my cane, I’m walking and driving again and that’s the main thing.”

Stevens, 51, has expressed intentions to ride again which would be an achievement believed to be without precedent in racing, especially at major circuit levels.