• Far From Over is injured and off the Kentucky Derby trail, according to owner, James Covello.Posted 18 hours ago
  • Materiality turns away the challenge of Upstart to win the Florida Derby.Posted 3 days ago
  • International Star reels in Stanford late to win the Louisiana Derby.Posted 3 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox sweeps the 3yo filly stakes at Fair Grounds with today's win in the Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Pants On Fire guts out a win in the Sir Shackleton.Posted 3 days ago
  • War Correspondent rolls late to win the Appleton.Posted 3 days ago
  • Prince Bishop wins the world's richest race; California Chrome 2nd.Posted 3 days ago
  • Dolniya dominates the boys in the Dubai Sheema ClassicPosted 3 days ago
  • Solow defeats The Grey Gatsby in the $6,000,000 Dubai TurfPosted 3 days ago

Stevens Excited About Sunshine Millions

Gary Stevens 615 X 400 MMM
Photo: Don August
Gary Stevens is counting down until reuniting with Breeders’ Cup Classic winner Mucho Macho Man in next Saturday’s $400,000 Sunshine Millions Classic at Gulfstream Park.

“I’m looking forward to it,” Stevens said Sunday morning. “It’s his first race of the year off a little bit of a layoff, but I’ve got nothing but confidence in the horse. I’ve been in contact with Kathy (trainer Kathy Ritvo) and Finn (Racing Manager Finn Green).

“The horse had a great workout yesterday (four furlongs in 47.87) in his final tune-up for the race, so we’re just keeping our fingers crossed for good weather. I hope it’s not like it was this past Friday, when they raced on a sloppy track. It’s in the hands of the weather man.”