• Frosted is pointing to the Breeders' Cup Classic, per his connections.Posted 1 day ago
  • Erupt (IRE) at 12-1 closes to win the $1,000,000 Pattison Canadian International (G1)Posted 4 days ago
  • Al's Gal (6-1) wins the head bob and the E. P. Taylor (G1) at WoodbinePosted 4 days ago
  • Blanket finish in the Nearctic (G2) at Woodbine goes to Calgary Cat (15-1)Posted 4 days ago
  • Arella Rockstar (12-1) upsets the Matron (G3) at Belmont Park.Posted 4 days ago
  • Time and Motion (3-1) wins a three-filly photo in the QE II Challenge Cup.Posted 5 days ago
  • Undefeated Theory (3-10) kicks away to a Futurity scorePosted 5 days ago
  • Almanzor turns away Found in the Group 1 British Champions Stakes.Posted 5 days ago
  • Minding better than the boys in the Queen Elizabeth II at Ascot.Posted 5 days ago
  • 2nd last year, Journey romps home in this year's Champions Day Fillies & Mares.Posted 5 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Star-Crossed Mare Life At Ten Retired

Life At Ten, the star-crossed multiple grade I winner whose career will likely be best remembered for a race she did not win, has been retired following a last-place finish in the $350,000 Beldame Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park on Oct. 1.

“We just feel like it’s time,” David Vance, racing manager for owner Candy DeBartolo, said Oct. 3, adding that the 6-year-old mare will be sold at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale. “She’s had a remarkable career. She’s still a multiple grade I winning millionaire and that term doesn’t apply to many horses. She’s probably the prettiest horse I have seen since Secretariat, but I’m not very objective.”

Trained by Todd Pletcher, Life At Ten won eight races—six in stakes--from 22 starts and earned $1,277,515. In 2010, the daughter of Malibu Moon won the Sixty Sails Handicap (gr. III), Ogden Phipps (gr. I), Delaware Handicap (gr. II), and Beldame (gr. I) leading up to the Ladies’ Classic. She was winless in five starts this year, with third-place efforts in the Delaware Handicap and Allaire DuPont Distaff Stakes (gr. III).