• Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 2 days ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 2 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 4 days ago
  • Takeover Target flies home late to win from last in the Grade 2 Dixie.Posted 4 days ago
  • American Freedom fights back for Sir Barton victory.Posted 4 days ago
  • Mizz Money holds on to take the Gallorette (G3) by a nose.Posted 4 days ago
  • Justin Squared was too fast to catch in the Chick Lang.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lady Shipman does not disappoint with a victory in The Very One.Posted 4 days ago
  • Marengo Road gets ahead to take the James W. Murphy.Posted 4 days ago
  • Awtaad upsets Galileo Gold to win the Irish 2000 Guineas.Posted 4 days ago

Stacelita On Course for Flower Bowl

Martin Schwartz’s Stacelita had her second breeze since winning the Grade 1 Beverly D. on August 13, covering five furlongs over the Oklahoma turf training course in 1:00.20 on Saturday as she prepares for her next engagement, the Grade 1 Flower Bowl Invitational at Belmont Park on October 1.

“I’m just going race-to-race,” said her trainer, Mechanicville native Chad Brown. “We’re pointing her to the Flower Bowl; if she does well there, the Breeders’ Cup [Filly & Mare Turf]. I think she’s as good as the rest here. We’ll just march on to the Breeders’ Cup.”

After beginning her career in Europe , the 5-year-old Monsun mare made her American debut as the favorite in the Grade 1 United Nations, finishing third. In the Beverly D., she came through on the rail to post a 1 ¼-length victory. A multiple Group 1 winner in France , she is now 9-2-2 from 15 starts.

“I’ve been lucky,” said Brown. “I was around a lot of top turf mares when I was with [late Hall of Famer] Bobby [Frankel], including ones that already won the Breeders’ Cup, and to me, she’s in that category. She’s a pretty all-around solid horse. She’s got good size to her, she’s strong, she’s sound, she’s smart, and she’s got a lot of class.”

Older Comments about Stacelita On Course for Flower Bowl...

I agree medlocke. She is very classy and Brown said she has everything needed to succeed here.
Stacelita's a dynamite filly!! Top class turf mare for sure!! Mark my word's, this will be the filly to beat in this year's Breeders Cup F&M Turf. Whether Midday and Shared Account show up for the race or not? JMO.