• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 3 days ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 4 days ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 5 days ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 5 days ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 5 days ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 5 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 6 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Stacelita On Course for Flower Bowl

Martin Schwartz’s Stacelita had her second breeze since winning the Grade 1 Beverly D. on August 13, covering five furlongs over the Oklahoma turf training course in 1:00.20 on Saturday as she prepares for her next engagement, the Grade 1 Flower Bowl Invitational at Belmont Park on October 1.

“I’m just going race-to-race,” said her trainer, Mechanicville native Chad Brown. “We’re pointing her to the Flower Bowl; if she does well there, the Breeders’ Cup [Filly & Mare Turf]. I think she’s as good as the rest here. We’ll just march on to the Breeders’ Cup.”

After beginning her career in Europe , the 5-year-old Monsun mare made her American debut as the favorite in the Grade 1 United Nations, finishing third. In the Beverly D., she came through on the rail to post a 1 ¼-length victory. A multiple Group 1 winner in France , she is now 9-2-2 from 15 starts.

“I’ve been lucky,” said Brown. “I was around a lot of top turf mares when I was with [late Hall of Famer] Bobby [Frankel], including ones that already won the Breeders’ Cup, and to me, she’s in that category. She’s a pretty all-around solid horse. She’s got good size to her, she’s strong, she’s sound, she’s smart, and she’s got a lot of class.”

Older Comments about Stacelita On Course for Flower Bowl...

I agree medlocke. She is very classy and Brown said she has everything needed to succeed here.
Stacelita's a dynamite filly!! Top class turf mare for sure!! Mark my word's, this will be the filly to beat in this year's Breeders Cup F&M Turf. Whether Midday and Shared Account show up for the race or not? JMO.