• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 3 days ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 4 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 4 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 4 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 4 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 8 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 9 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 10 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 10 days ago

Stacelita On Course for Flower Bowl

Martin Schwartz’s Stacelita had her second breeze since winning the Grade 1 Beverly D. on August 13, covering five furlongs over the Oklahoma turf training course in 1:00.20 on Saturday as she prepares for her next engagement, the Grade 1 Flower Bowl Invitational at Belmont Park on October 1.

“I’m just going race-to-race,” said her trainer, Mechanicville native Chad Brown. “We’re pointing her to the Flower Bowl; if she does well there, the Breeders’ Cup [Filly & Mare Turf]. I think she’s as good as the rest here. We’ll just march on to the Breeders’ Cup.”

After beginning her career in Europe , the 5-year-old Monsun mare made her American debut as the favorite in the Grade 1 United Nations, finishing third. In the Beverly D., she came through on the rail to post a 1 ¼-length victory. A multiple Group 1 winner in France , she is now 9-2-2 from 15 starts.

“I’ve been lucky,” said Brown. “I was around a lot of top turf mares when I was with [late Hall of Famer] Bobby [Frankel], including ones that already won the Breeders’ Cup, and to me, she’s in that category. She’s a pretty all-around solid horse. She’s got good size to her, she’s strong, she’s sound, she’s smart, and she’s got a lot of class.”

Older Comments about Stacelita On Course for Flower Bowl...

I agree medlocke. She is very classy and Brown said she has everything needed to succeed here.
Stacelita's a dynamite filly!! Top class turf mare for sure!! Mark my word's, this will be the filly to beat in this year's Breeders Cup F&M Turf. Whether Midday and Shared Account show up for the race or not? JMO.