• Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 2 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 5 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 5 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 5 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 5 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 6 days ago
  • Cupid has been removed from consideration from the Kentucky Derby; Mo Tom is now in.Posted 10 days ago

Stacelita Draws Well in Filly & Mare Turf

Martin Schwartz' Stacelita, a two-time grade I winner this year, was made the 2-1 favorite for the Nov. 4 Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT). The 1 3/8-mile race drew a field of 12 and is worth $2 million.

The French-bred daughter of Monsun, winner of the Beverly D. Stakes (gr. IT) and Flower Bowl Invitational Stakes (gr. IT) in back-to-back efforts, drew post 2. The 5-year-old mare was a group I winner in France last summer.

“I’m really happy with the post,” said trainer Chad Brown. “I’m never really concerned about the odds, but I’m happy with the post. She drew inside in the Beverly D. also and got a nice trip. Hopefully we’ll get a similar trip.”

Brown hopes he has a similar result with what he experienced with Maram, his first Breeders’ Cup runner, who won the Juvenile Turf at Santa Anita in 2009.