• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 3 days ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 4 days ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 4 days ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 5 days ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 5 days ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 5 days ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 5 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 5 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

South Beach Stakes Quotes

Gulfstream Park
Photo: MEC

Mary Eppler (Way With Words) – “She really needs a couple of races to get going (after layoff). She’s a big mare and getting older probably explains it too. She’s very versatile. Last year we prepared her for a Jersey-bred race at Monmouth going long, but they cancelled that two days before and left us with the option to run in a race going short (Eleven North). She won by four (lengths). We’ll take her home to Laurel (Park) now. With her there are plenty of options.”

Jose Lezcano (jockey, Way With Words, 1st) – “I made my move a little early, but I knew I had a lot of horse under me and I didn’t want to wait. The favorite (Akilina) was stuck behind horses, so I knew I could get away from her and make her come and catch me. And when I moved, my horse just kept rolling. I was a little surprised that no other horses were coming to me late and that it wasn’t even close at the finish.”