• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 4 days ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 4 days ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 5 days ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 5 days ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 5 days ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 5 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 6 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Sore Shin Sidetracks My Miss Aurelia

My Miss Aurelia breaks maiden at Saratoga (7-22-11).
Undefeated My Miss Aurelia, the Grey Goose Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) winner and likely champion 2-year-old filly, has been given time off for a sore shin and probably won’t resume light training until February, co-owner George Bolton said Dec. 29.

Rather than immediately ship to California to be with trainer Steve Asmussen at Santa Anita, My Miss Aurelia was sent to Vinery in Ocala, Fla. for a period of rest. Her injury was not serious and did not require surgery, but depending on how quickly she returns to training, the daughter of Smart Strike may not make it back in time for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) on May 4.

“A lot of horses came out of that peanut butter racetrack at the Breeders’ Cup (with issues), and we decided to give her some R&R,” Bolton said. “It’s not a big deal; it’s not like it needs a screw and it’s not a tendon. It’s just a hot shin.

“Her schedule was always going to be late spring through October, so I’m not sure how much she’ll miss. We’ll bring her back into training when she is happy and healthy.