• There will be a Pick Six carryover of $167,021 when racing resumes Friday at Los Alamitos.Posted 1 day ago
  • There will be a Pick Six carryover of $42,460 when racing resumes Thursday at Los Alamitos.Posted 2 days ago
  •  Assateague goes wire to wire in the Dr. James Penny Memorial!Posted 3 days ago
  • Clearly Now breaks the 7f track record at Belmont - 1:19.96.Posted 6 days ago
  • There will be a Pick Six carryover of $28,880 when racing resumes July 4 at Los Al.Posted 7 days ago
  • 1-9 Frac Daddy upset by Sky Captain in the Dominion Day! Posted 10 days ago
  •  Size holds off Ria Antonia in the Iowa Oaks!Posted 13 days ago
  •  Declassify game in the Triple Bend!Posted 13 days ago
  •  Riposte proves best in the New York Handicap!Posted 13 days ago

Sore Shin Sidetracks My Miss Aurelia

My Miss Aurelia breaks maiden at Saratoga (7-22-11).
Undefeated My Miss Aurelia, the Grey Goose Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) winner and likely champion 2-year-old filly, has been given time off for a sore shin and probably won’t resume light training until February, co-owner George Bolton said Dec. 29.

Rather than immediately ship to California to be with trainer Steve Asmussen at Santa Anita, My Miss Aurelia was sent to Vinery in Ocala, Fla. for a period of rest. Her injury was not serious and did not require surgery, but depending on how quickly she returns to training, the daughter of Smart Strike may not make it back in time for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) on May 4.

“A lot of horses came out of that peanut butter racetrack at the Breeders’ Cup (with issues), and we decided to give her some R&R,” Bolton said. “It’s not a big deal; it’s not like it needs a screw and it’s not a tendon. It’s just a hot shin.

“Her schedule was always going to be late spring through October, so I’m not sure how much she’ll miss. We’ll bring her back into training when she is happy and healthy.