• Ben's Cat vs. Bern Identity in 2014 Fabulous Strike at Penn National.Posted 14 hours ago
  • Cigar Mile hopeful Itsmyluckyday drilled a 5f bullet in 1:00.40 at GPW on Nov 20.Posted 15 hours ago
  • No Problem a game winner of the Bob Hope! Posted 6 days ago
  • Sparkling Review closes powerfully to win the Mrs Revere! Posted 6 days ago
  • Zee Bros pulls off a De Francis surprise at 29-1! Posted 6 days ago
  • The Commonwealth Turf is a one horse show ... Heart to HeartPosted 6 days ago
  • Dynamic Sky upsets Big Blue Kitten in the Red Smith! Posted 6 days ago
  • Stormin Monarcho romps home a winner in the Richard W. Small! Posted 6 days ago
  • More Complexity is best in the Betty Grable! Posted 12 days ago
  • It's all Villandry in the River City! Posted 13 days ago

Sore Shin Sidetracks My Miss Aurelia

My Miss Aurelia breaks maiden at Saratoga (7-22-11).
Undefeated My Miss Aurelia, the Grey Goose Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) winner and likely champion 2-year-old filly, has been given time off for a sore shin and probably won’t resume light training until February, co-owner George Bolton said Dec. 29.

Rather than immediately ship to California to be with trainer Steve Asmussen at Santa Anita, My Miss Aurelia was sent to Vinery in Ocala, Fla. for a period of rest. Her injury was not serious and did not require surgery, but depending on how quickly she returns to training, the daughter of Smart Strike may not make it back in time for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) on May 4.

“A lot of horses came out of that peanut butter racetrack at the Breeders’ Cup (with issues), and we decided to give her some R&R,” Bolton said. “It’s not a big deal; it’s not like it needs a screw and it’s not a tendon. It’s just a hot shin.

“Her schedule was always going to be late spring through October, so I’m not sure how much she’ll miss. We’ll bring her back into training when she is happy and healthy.