• Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 9 hours ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 3 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 5 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 6 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 6 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 6 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 6 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 6 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 6 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 7 days ago

Sore Shin Sidetracks My Miss Aurelia

My Miss Aurelia breaks maiden at Saratoga (7-22-11).
Undefeated My Miss Aurelia, the Grey Goose Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) winner and likely champion 2-year-old filly, has been given time off for a sore shin and probably won’t resume light training until February, co-owner George Bolton said Dec. 29.

Rather than immediately ship to California to be with trainer Steve Asmussen at Santa Anita, My Miss Aurelia was sent to Vinery in Ocala, Fla. for a period of rest. Her injury was not serious and did not require surgery, but depending on how quickly she returns to training, the daughter of Smart Strike may not make it back in time for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) on May 4.

“A lot of horses came out of that peanut butter racetrack at the Breeders’ Cup (with issues), and we decided to give her some R&R,” Bolton said. “It’s not a big deal; it’s not like it needs a screw and it’s not a tendon. It’s just a hot shin.

“Her schedule was always going to be late spring through October, so I’m not sure how much she’ll miss. We’ll bring her back into training when she is happy and healthy.