• Long shot Stormy Lucy (65-1) upsets the Matriarch (G1) at Del Mar in the last stride. Posted 1 day ago
  • Dortmund romps home a winner in the Native Diver.Posted 2 days ago
  • Commissioner much the best in the Hawthorne Gold Cup.Posted 2 days ago
  • Chiropractor edges March for a Hollywood Derby win at 14-1.Posted 2 days ago
  • Airoforce takes to the dirt in a big way, pulling away to win the Kentucky Jockey Club.Posted 2 days ago
  • Carina Mia turns back Stageplay in the Golden Rod.Posted 2 days ago
  • Tonalist with a late rush to just get up in the Cigar Mile!Posted 3 days ago
  • Forever Unbridled outduels Carrumba to the wire in the Comely.Posted 3 days ago
  • Mohaymen an impressive winner of Aqueduct's nine furlong Remsen.Posted 3 days ago
  • Lewis Bay runs to her odds in the Demoiselle.Posted 3 days ago

Sore Shin Sidetracks My Miss Aurelia

My Miss Aurelia breaks maiden at Saratoga (7-22-11).
Undefeated My Miss Aurelia, the Grey Goose Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) winner and likely champion 2-year-old filly, has been given time off for a sore shin and probably won’t resume light training until February, co-owner George Bolton said Dec. 29.

Rather than immediately ship to California to be with trainer Steve Asmussen at Santa Anita, My Miss Aurelia was sent to Vinery in Ocala, Fla. for a period of rest. Her injury was not serious and did not require surgery, but depending on how quickly she returns to training, the daughter of Smart Strike may not make it back in time for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) on May 4.

“A lot of horses came out of that peanut butter racetrack at the Breeders’ Cup (with issues), and we decided to give her some R&R,” Bolton said. “It’s not a big deal; it’s not like it needs a screw and it’s not a tendon. It’s just a hot shin.

“Her schedule was always going to be late spring through October, so I’m not sure how much she’ll miss. We’ll bring her back into training when she is happy and healthy.