• Lady Shipman breezes home much the best in Belmont's License Fee.Posted 2 days ago
  • Ben's Cat sprints home late to win his 10yo seasonal debut in thrilling fashion.Posted 2 days ago
  • Minding shows her class, easily winning the 1000 Guineas.Posted 2 days ago
  • Uncle Lino digs in to win the inaugural California Chrome Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • A Lot holds off favored Green Mask by a whisker to win the Elusive Quality.Posted 3 days ago
  • Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 3 days ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 4 days ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 7 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 9 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 10 days ago

Snow Fairy Rallies to Win Hong Kong Cup

Snow Fairy cemented her status as the finest 3-year-old filly in the world when she rallied from far back to nab Irian in the final 50 yards to win the HK$20 million Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) at Sha Tin Dec. 12.

Winner of the  Queen Elizabeth II Commemorative Cup (Jpn-I) in Japan last month, the Great Britain-based filly has won group I events in four countries this year. That's incredible when considering that she was an 1,800 Euros buy-back purchase as a yearling.

Her barnstorming victory in the about 1 1/4-mile test (worth US$2.567 million) for trainer Ed Dunlop with Ryan Moore aboard, highlighted the four-race Cathay Pacific international series. She left Moore effusive.

“At the top of the bend I thought I had no chance,” said Moore. “But fortunately they just came back to me. She’s a machine really. She has such a brilliant turn of foot. She did what we thought she could, and she surpassed it.”