• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 23 hours ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 1 day ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 1 day ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 2 days ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 2 days ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 2 days ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 2 days ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 2 days ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 2 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 3 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Snow Fairy Rallies to Win Hong Kong Cup

Snow Fairy cemented her status as the finest 3-year-old filly in the world when she rallied from far back to nab Irian in the final 50 yards to win the HK$20 million Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) at Sha Tin Dec. 12.

Winner of the  Queen Elizabeth II Commemorative Cup (Jpn-I) in Japan last month, the Great Britain-based filly has won group I events in four countries this year. That's incredible when considering that she was an 1,800 Euros buy-back purchase as a yearling.

Her barnstorming victory in the about 1 1/4-mile test (worth US$2.567 million) for trainer Ed Dunlop with Ryan Moore aboard, highlighted the four-race Cathay Pacific international series. She left Moore effusive.

“At the top of the bend I thought I had no chance,” said Moore. “But fortunately they just came back to me. She’s a machine really. She has such a brilliant turn of foot. She did what we thought she could, and she surpassed it.”