• Stellar Wind (9-2) overtakes a battling Beholder (1-9) in the Clement L. Hirsch (G1).Posted 5 hours ago
  • Laoban (27-1) wins his very first race in 8 starts in the Jim Dandy (G2).Posted 7 hours ago
  • A.P. Indian (9-2) gets the jump on Holy Boss (3-1) to win the Alfred G. Vanderbilt (G1). Posted 8 hours ago
  • Stonetastic (2-5) cruises to an easy victory in the Regret.Posted 9 hours ago
  • Lexie Lou (1-5) refuses to let Internal Bourbon (9-2) by in the Victoriana.Posted 9 hours ago
  • Flintshire (1-9) fights his way through and rolls to victory in the Bowling Green (G2).Posted 9 hours ago
  • Mind Your Biscuits (3-1) runs up the rail to win the Amsterdam (G2).Posted 11 hours ago
  • Connect, a son of Curlin, connects in the Curlin Stakes at Saratoga.Posted 1 day ago
  • Gold Rush Dancer (14-1) pulls the upset in Del Mar's Real Good Deal Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Haveyougoneaway (7-2) wears down Paulassilverlining to win the Honorable Miss at Saratoga.Posted 3 days ago

Skip Away dies at 17

Skip Away
Hall of Famer and 1998 Horse of the Year Skip Away died of an apparent heart attack in his paddock Friday morning at Hopewell Farm in Midway, Ky., according to farm owner Rick Trontz.

The three-time champion was 17 and had had a significant heart murmur for several years, Trontz said. Read More

Older Comments about Skip Away dies at 17 ...

Oh, and I realized I had wrong English when I wrote 'Its like if the music world 'losing' Lionel Richie. I meant to write 'lost'.
His death was definitely a shocker. A guy that I know liked him a lot. This horse was ranked 20th on my all time greatest horses list. It's like if the music world losing Lionel Richie suddenly to a stroke or whatever. I saw this horse living to around 26 or 27. RIP Skip Away
Always had a high gait almost like a cheap claimer, but had much much more heart. Ran out in the Breeder's Cup Sprint his first time around. Victory Gallop seemed to have his number.
Definitely one of the greats we've seen in recent time.