• Capla Temptress (5-1) rolls home in the Natalma, while making her North American debut.Posted 3 days ago
  • Untamed Domain (3-1) kicks it in late to win the Summer Stakes at Woodbine.Posted 3 days ago
  • World Approval (2-1) shows he is much the best in the Grade 1 Woodbine Mile.Posted 4 days ago
  • Patrona Margarita (23-1) draws clear in the Grade 2 Pocahontas.Posted 4 days ago
  • Uni (6-5) runs down La Coronel in the Grade 2 Sands Point.Posted 4 days ago
  • Johnny Bear (9-1) noses out Hawkbill in the Grade 1 Northern Dancer Turf.Posted 4 days ago
  • Chublicious (10-1) upsets the Grade 3 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash.Posted 4 days ago
  • The Tabulator (4-1) holds on in the Grade 3 Iroquois despite drifting out.Posted 4 days ago
  • Quidura (2-5) proves best in Grade 2 Canadian.Posted 4 days ago
  • Winx rolls late in the Colgate Optic White Stakes for her 20th straight victory!Posted 4 days ago

Skip Away dies at 17

Skip Away
Hall of Famer and 1998 Horse of the Year Skip Away died of an apparent heart attack in his paddock Friday morning at Hopewell Farm in Midway, Ky., according to farm owner Rick Trontz.

The three-time champion was 17 and had had a significant heart murmur for several years, Trontz said. Read More

Older Comments about Skip Away dies at 17 ...

Oh, and I realized I had wrong English when I wrote 'Its like if the music world 'losing' Lionel Richie. I meant to write 'lost'.
His death was definitely a shocker. A guy that I know liked him a lot. This horse was ranked 20th on my all time greatest horses list. It's like if the music world losing Lionel Richie suddenly to a stroke or whatever. I saw this horse living to around 26 or 27. RIP Skip Away
Always had a high gait almost like a cheap claimer, but had much much more heart. Ran out in the Breeder's Cup Sprint his first time around. Victory Gallop seemed to have his number.
Definitely one of the greats we've seen in recent time.