• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 2 days ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 3 days ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 3 days ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 4 days ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 4 days ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 4 days ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 4 days ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 4 days ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 4 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 5 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Skip Away dies at 17

Skip Away
Hall of Famer and 1998 Horse of the Year Skip Away died of an apparent heart attack in his paddock Friday morning at Hopewell Farm in Midway, Ky., according to farm owner Rick Trontz.

The three-time champion was 17 and had had a significant heart murmur for several years, Trontz said. Read More

Older Comments about Skip Away dies at 17 ...

Oh, and I realized I had wrong English when I wrote 'Its like if the music world 'losing' Lionel Richie. I meant to write 'lost'.
His death was definitely a shocker. A guy that I know liked him a lot. This horse was ranked 20th on my all time greatest horses list. It's like if the music world losing Lionel Richie suddenly to a stroke or whatever. I saw this horse living to around 26 or 27. RIP Skip Away
Always had a high gait almost like a cheap claimer, but had much much more heart. Ran out in the Breeder's Cup Sprint his first time around. Victory Gallop seemed to have his number.
Definitely one of the greats we've seen in recent time.