• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 2 days ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 2 days ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 3 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 3 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 3 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 3 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 7 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 8 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 9 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 9 days ago

Skip Away dies at 17

Skip Away
Hall of Famer and 1998 Horse of the Year Skip Away died of an apparent heart attack in his paddock Friday morning at Hopewell Farm in Midway, Ky., according to farm owner Rick Trontz.

The three-time champion was 17 and had had a significant heart murmur for several years, Trontz said. Read More

Older Comments about Skip Away dies at 17 ...

Oh, and I realized I had wrong English when I wrote 'Its like if the music world 'losing' Lionel Richie. I meant to write 'lost'.
His death was definitely a shocker. A guy that I know liked him a lot. This horse was ranked 20th on my all time greatest horses list. It's like if the music world losing Lionel Richie suddenly to a stroke or whatever. I saw this horse living to around 26 or 27. RIP Skip Away
Always had a high gait almost like a cheap claimer, but had much much more heart. Ran out in the Breeder's Cup Sprint his first time around. Victory Gallop seemed to have his number.
Definitely one of the greats we've seen in recent time.