• Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 2 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 5 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 5 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 5 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 5 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 6 days ago
  • Cupid has been removed from consideration from the Kentucky Derby; Mo Tom is now in.Posted 10 days ago

Skip Away dies at 17

Skip Away
Hall of Famer and 1998 Horse of the Year Skip Away died of an apparent heart attack in his paddock Friday morning at Hopewell Farm in Midway, Ky., according to farm owner Rick Trontz.

The three-time champion was 17 and had had a significant heart murmur for several years, Trontz said. Read More

Older Comments about Skip Away dies at 17 ...

Oh, and I realized I had wrong English when I wrote 'Its like if the music world 'losing' Lionel Richie. I meant to write 'lost'.
His death was definitely a shocker. A guy that I know liked him a lot. This horse was ranked 20th on my all time greatest horses list. It's like if the music world losing Lionel Richie suddenly to a stroke or whatever. I saw this horse living to around 26 or 27. RIP Skip Away
Always had a high gait almost like a cheap claimer, but had much much more heart. Ran out in the Breeder's Cup Sprint his first time around. Victory Gallop seemed to have his number.
Definitely one of the greats we've seen in recent time.