• Favorite Tara's Tango surges to win the Santa Maria at the wire.Posted 1 day ago
  • O'Neill's strengthens his stable of 3-year-olds as Frank Conversation wins the El Camino Real Derby.Posted 1 day ago
  • Bolo nabs Obviously in the final strides of the Arcadia.Posted 1 day ago
  • BC Mile heroine Tepin crushes her foes in the Lambholm South Endeavor Stakes. Posted 1 day ago
  • Dancing House is ultra-game in taking the Barbara Fritchie.Posted 1 day ago
  • Penwith scores in the Royal Delta at Gulfstream Park.Posted 1 day ago
  • Destin rolls home in the Sam F. Davis at Tampa Bay Downs.Posted 1 day ago
  • Polar River wins the UAE 1000 Guineas by a pole.Posted 3 days ago
  • Kobe's Back goes from last to first down the stretch to win the Palos Verdes.Posted 7 days ago
  • Storied Lady (4-1) up the rail to nip Saythreehailmary's in the Biogio's Rose.Posted 7 days ago

Silent Saga Should Improve in Oak Leaf

Silent Saga was beaten 3 ½ lengths by victorious Weemissfrankie in the Grade I Del Mar Debutante on Sept. 3, but Victor Espinoza, who has ridden the 2-year-old filly in each of her three starts and who rides again in Sunday’s Grade I Oak Leaf Stakes, expects her to rebound.

“She was a little bit flat in the Debutante,” Espinoza said. “Still, she didn’t run too bad, but I expected her to run better than she did. I don’t know what happened. Maybe it was a little too soon between races (Silent Saga broke her maiden by 3 ¼ lengths less than three weeks earlier, on Aug. 14). Plus, she’s a filly, and most of the time fillies are a little bit sensitive at that point.

“But now I think she’s had plenty of time (between races) and I also think she’ll like the distance. I think she’ll run well.”

Owned, bred and trained by Myung Kwon Cho, Silent Saga is a bay daughter of Silent Name who breaks from the rail against nine other rivals in the Oak Leaf, which will be decided at 1 1/16 miles.

The Oak Leaf field: Silent Saga, Victor Espinoza; Self Preservation, Patrick Valenzuela; Killer Graces, Joe Talamo; Candrea, Martin Garcia; My Gi Gi, Chantal Sutherland; Wild Truffles, Alonso Quinonez; Regal Betty, Joel Rosario; Weemissfrankie, Rafael Bejarano; Dreamcaster, Martin Pedroza; and Charm the Maker, Garrett Gomez.

Older Comments about Silent Saga Should Improve in Oak Leaf...

My pick again for Oak Leaf...giving her one more shot in this race. Nice odds.