• 2-time Arc winner Treve is an impressive winner in her seasonal debut today at Saint-Cloud.Posted 21 hours ago
  • Majestic City fights off Carve to win the Lone Star Handicap.Posted 4 days ago
  • Hard Not To Like skims the rail to score in the Grade 1 Gamely.Posted 4 days ago
  • Street Story proves best in a sloppy edition of the Winning Colors.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lubash blows by his competition late to win the Kingston.Posted 4 days ago
  • Distinctiv Passion just holds off favored San Onofre in the Los Angeles.Posted 4 days ago
  • Quezon rolls up late to score in the Bouwerie.Posted 4 days ago
  • Ostrolenka sharp in victory in Belmont's Mike Lee.Posted 4 days ago
  • Ashleyluvssugar gets the job done as the Charles Whittingham favorite.Posted 5 days ago
  • Pleascach holds off Found in the Irish 1,000 Guineas.Posted 5 days ago

Silent Saga Should Improve in Oak Leaf

Silent Saga was beaten 3 ½ lengths by victorious Weemissfrankie in the Grade I Del Mar Debutante on Sept. 3, but Victor Espinoza, who has ridden the 2-year-old filly in each of her three starts and who rides again in Sunday’s Grade I Oak Leaf Stakes, expects her to rebound.

“She was a little bit flat in the Debutante,” Espinoza said. “Still, she didn’t run too bad, but I expected her to run better than she did. I don’t know what happened. Maybe it was a little too soon between races (Silent Saga broke her maiden by 3 ¼ lengths less than three weeks earlier, on Aug. 14). Plus, she’s a filly, and most of the time fillies are a little bit sensitive at that point.

“But now I think she’s had plenty of time (between races) and I also think she’ll like the distance. I think she’ll run well.”

Owned, bred and trained by Myung Kwon Cho, Silent Saga is a bay daughter of Silent Name who breaks from the rail against nine other rivals in the Oak Leaf, which will be decided at 1 1/16 miles.

The Oak Leaf field: Silent Saga, Victor Espinoza; Self Preservation, Patrick Valenzuela; Killer Graces, Joe Talamo; Candrea, Martin Garcia; My Gi Gi, Chantal Sutherland; Wild Truffles, Alonso Quinonez; Regal Betty, Joel Rosario; Weemissfrankie, Rafael Bejarano; Dreamcaster, Martin Pedroza; and Charm the Maker, Garrett Gomez.

Older Comments about Silent Saga Should Improve in Oak Leaf...

My pick again for Oak Leaf...giving her one more shot in this race. Nice odds.