• Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 2 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 5 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 5 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 5 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 5 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 6 days ago
  • Cupid has been removed from consideration from the Kentucky Derby; Mo Tom is now in.Posted 10 days ago

Silent Saga Should Improve in Oak Leaf

Silent Saga was beaten 3 ½ lengths by victorious Weemissfrankie in the Grade I Del Mar Debutante on Sept. 3, but Victor Espinoza, who has ridden the 2-year-old filly in each of her three starts and who rides again in Sunday’s Grade I Oak Leaf Stakes, expects her to rebound.

“She was a little bit flat in the Debutante,” Espinoza said. “Still, she didn’t run too bad, but I expected her to run better than she did. I don’t know what happened. Maybe it was a little too soon between races (Silent Saga broke her maiden by 3 ¼ lengths less than three weeks earlier, on Aug. 14). Plus, she’s a filly, and most of the time fillies are a little bit sensitive at that point.

“But now I think she’s had plenty of time (between races) and I also think she’ll like the distance. I think she’ll run well.”

Owned, bred and trained by Myung Kwon Cho, Silent Saga is a bay daughter of Silent Name who breaks from the rail against nine other rivals in the Oak Leaf, which will be decided at 1 1/16 miles.

The Oak Leaf field: Silent Saga, Victor Espinoza; Self Preservation, Patrick Valenzuela; Killer Graces, Joe Talamo; Candrea, Martin Garcia; My Gi Gi, Chantal Sutherland; Wild Truffles, Alonso Quinonez; Regal Betty, Joel Rosario; Weemissfrankie, Rafael Bejarano; Dreamcaster, Martin Pedroza; and Charm the Maker, Garrett Gomez.

Older Comments about Silent Saga Should Improve in Oak Leaf...

My pick again for Oak Leaf...giving her one more shot in this race. Nice odds.