• Lady Shipman sets a new track record in the OBS Sprint Stakes (Fillies). Posted 3 days ago
  • Constitution covers 5F in 1:00 1/5 , fastest of 7 at Palm BeachPosted 4 days ago
  • Pure Tactics score down the hill in the Clocker's Corner. Posted 4 days ago
  • California Chrome breezes a mile in 1:41 2/5 at Los AlPosted 4 days ago
  • El Kabeir worked 5F at Belmont in 1:01.59 (2/19)Posted 5 days ago
  • Cassatt hangs on to win the Houston Ladies Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Alert Bay skims the rail to win the California Cup Turf Classic. Posted 5 days ago
  • Mischief Clem edges Pulmarack in the California Cup Derby. Posted 5 days ago
  • Birdatthewire rolls to a powerful victory in the Forward Gal. Posted 6 days ago
  • Singing Kitty proves best in the California Cup Oaks. Posted 6 days ago

Sheppard Joins Elite 3,000 Win Club

Jonathan Sheppard notched the 3,000th victory of his illustrious career Monday when Fugitive Angel was up in the final jumps to capture the seventh race at Delaware Park in Stanton, Del.

Sheppard became the 28th trainer in North American racing history to hit the milestone. The 71-year-old Englishman is one of the most accomplished trainers in the game, having been inducted into the National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame in 1990 as arguably the all-time greatest trainer of steeplechase horses in America.

“I’m very happy and pleased,” Sheppard said. “I came up on the milestone a little quicker than I thought. I feel very lucky, because I’ve still got a full stable of horses at my age. The owners have been very supportive. They’ve been great.”