• Winx starts slow, but finishes fast to win the Warwick for her 18th straight!Posted 4 hours ago
  • March X Press (2-1) rallies to win the Bolton Landing.Posted 2 days ago
  • Gold Rush Dancer (3-1) scores big in the 82nd running of the Longacres Mile.Posted 5 days ago
  • Skye Diamonds (9-10) wins again, this time in the Rancho Bernardo.Posted 5 days ago
  • Copper Bullet (7-2) strong in winning the Saratoga Special.Posted 5 days ago
  • Run Away (3-2) skips away in the Best Pal at Del Mar.Posted 6 days ago
  • Beach Patrol (9-2) is a determined winner of the Arlington Million.Posted 6 days ago
  • Dacita (6-1) takes Arlington Park's Beverly D (G1) with a strong stretch drive.Posted 6 days ago
  • World Approval (5-1) takes the Fourstardave (G1) at Saratoga.Posted 6 days ago
  • Oscar Performance (3-2) dominates the Secretariat (G1) at Arlington Park.Posted 6 days ago

Sheppard Joins Elite 3,000 Win Club

Jonathan Sheppard notched the 3,000th victory of his illustrious career Monday when Fugitive Angel was up in the final jumps to capture the seventh race at Delaware Park in Stanton, Del.

Sheppard became the 28th trainer in North American racing history to hit the milestone. The 71-year-old Englishman is one of the most accomplished trainers in the game, having been inducted into the National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame in 1990 as arguably the all-time greatest trainer of steeplechase horses in America.

“I’m very happy and pleased,” Sheppard said. “I came up on the milestone a little quicker than I thought. I feel very lucky, because I’ve still got a full stable of horses at my age. The owners have been very supportive. They’ve been great.”