• Far Right shoots up the rail again to score in the Southwest Stakes. Posted 4 days ago
  • Khozan demolishes a Gulfstream Park allowance field to remain perfect in two starts. Posted 4 days ago
  • No beating North Slope as he returns to dirt a winner in the Evening Attire. Posted 4 days ago
  •  International Star scrapes the paint to win the Risen Star.Posted 5 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox speaks loud and clear in the Rachel Alexandra. Posted 5 days ago
  • Itsaknockout wins the Fountain of Youth on the DQ of Upstart. Posted 5 days ago
  •  Chocolate Ride sneaks away in the Fair Grounds Handicap.Posted 5 days ago
  • Long On Value clearly Best in the Canadian Turf. Posted 5 days ago
  •  Street Babe surprise the Mineshaft field at Fair Grounds.Posted 5 days ago
  • Main Sequence storms home late to win the Mac Diarmida! Posted 5 days ago

Sheppard Joins Elite 3,000 Win Club

Jonathan Sheppard notched the 3,000th victory of his illustrious career Monday when Fugitive Angel was up in the final jumps to capture the seventh race at Delaware Park in Stanton, Del.

Sheppard became the 28th trainer in North American racing history to hit the milestone. The 71-year-old Englishman is one of the most accomplished trainers in the game, having been inducted into the National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame in 1990 as arguably the all-time greatest trainer of steeplechase horses in America.

“I’m very happy and pleased,” Sheppard said. “I came up on the milestone a little quicker than I thought. I feel very lucky, because I’ve still got a full stable of horses at my age. The owners have been very supportive. They’ve been great.”