• Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 2 days ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 3 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 4 days ago
  • Takeover Target flies home late to win from last in the Grade 2 Dixie.Posted 4 days ago
  • American Freedom fights back for Sir Barton victory.Posted 4 days ago
  • Mizz Money holds on to take the Gallorette (G3) by a nose.Posted 4 days ago
  • Justin Squared was too fast to catch in the Chick Lang.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lady Shipman does not disappoint with a victory in The Very One.Posted 4 days ago
  • Marengo Road gets ahead to take the James W. Murphy.Posted 4 days ago
  • Awtaad upsets Galileo Gold to win the Irish 2000 Guineas.Posted 4 days ago

Sheppard Joins Elite 3,000 Win Club

Jonathan Sheppard notched the 3,000th victory of his illustrious career Monday when Fugitive Angel was up in the final jumps to capture the seventh race at Delaware Park in Stanton, Del.

Sheppard became the 28th trainer in North American racing history to hit the milestone. The 71-year-old Englishman is one of the most accomplished trainers in the game, having been inducted into the National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame in 1990 as arguably the all-time greatest trainer of steeplechase horses in America.

“I’m very happy and pleased,” Sheppard said. “I came up on the milestone a little quicker than I thought. I feel very lucky, because I’ve still got a full stable of horses at my age. The owners have been very supportive. They’ve been great.”