• Lady Shipman breezes home much the best in Belmont's License Fee.Posted 3 days ago
  • Ben's Cat sprints home late to win his 10yo seasonal debut in thrilling fashion.Posted 3 days ago
  • Minding shows her class, easily winning the 1000 Guineas.Posted 3 days ago
  • Uncle Lino digs in to win the inaugural California Chrome Stakes.Posted 4 days ago
  • A Lot holds off favored Green Mask by a whisker to win the Elusive Quality.Posted 4 days ago
  • Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 4 days ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 5 days ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 8 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 10 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 11 days ago

Shaun Bridgmohan gets 2,000th win

Fair Grounds Race Course
Photo: CDI

Veteran jockey Shaun Bridgmohan achieved the 2,000 career win milestone aboard Heiligbrodt Racing Stable’s Outfitter, conditioned by Eclipse Award winning trainer Steve Asmussen, in Saturday’s first race at Fair Grounds.

“It’s a relief,” said Bridgmohan in winner’s circle ceremonies. “I’ve been looking forward to it for awhile now and it felt good to finally get it out of the way. I’d also like to thank Steve (Asmussen, his primary employer) for giving me so many good horses to ride. He’s always shown a lot of faith in me and I really appreciate his support. He’s been a tremendous boost to my career.”

Bridgmohan achieved success almost immediately at the beginning of his career on the New York circuit and was the nation’s Eclipse Award winning apprentice jockey in 1998. He is currently a close third in the Fair Grounds standings behind leading rider James Graham and current runner-up Jamie Theriot.