• Even Thunder (5-2) holds on to win the King's Swan.Posted 5 hours ago
  • Effinex, earner of more than $3.3 million, has been retired to stud in New York.Posted 3 days ago
  • Back on dirt, Midnight Storm (8-5) rolls home in the Native Diver.Posted 4 days ago
  • Kitasan Black, the favorite, scores victory in the Japan Cup.Posted 5 days ago
  • Farrell (10-1) easily wires the field in the Grade 2 Golden Rod.Posted 6 days ago
  • Connect (3-2) nips Divining Rod in an excellent Cigar Mile stretch duel.Posted 6 days ago
  • Mo Town (4-1) much the best in the Grade 2 Remsen at Aqueduct.Posted 6 days ago
  • Miss Sky Warrior (5-1) holds off Jamyson 'n Ginger in the Demoiselle.Posted 6 days ago
  • Verve's Tale (20-1) powers by Lewis Bay late to win the Comely.Posted 6 days ago
  • Texas Ryano (2-1) much the best in the Hollywood Turf Cup.Posted 7 days ago

Shaun Bridgmohan gets 2,000th win

Fair Grounds Race Course
Photo: CDI

Veteran jockey Shaun Bridgmohan achieved the 2,000 career win milestone aboard Heiligbrodt Racing Stable’s Outfitter, conditioned by Eclipse Award winning trainer Steve Asmussen, in Saturday’s first race at Fair Grounds.

“It’s a relief,” said Bridgmohan in winner’s circle ceremonies. “I’ve been looking forward to it for awhile now and it felt good to finally get it out of the way. I’d also like to thank Steve (Asmussen, his primary employer) for giving me so many good horses to ride. He’s always shown a lot of faith in me and I really appreciate his support. He’s been a tremendous boost to my career.”

Bridgmohan achieved success almost immediately at the beginning of his career on the New York circuit and was the nation’s Eclipse Award winning apprentice jockey in 1998. He is currently a close third in the Fair Grounds standings behind leading rider James Graham and current runner-up Jamie Theriot.