• Magic Mark upsets the Bertrando Stakes at 11-1 to kickoff the Los Alamitos meet.Posted 1 day ago
  • Salutos Amigos dominant in Monmouth Park's Mr. Prospector.Posted 5 days ago
  • Crucero upsets the San Juan Capistrano at odds of 23-1.Posted 5 days ago
  • La Verdad skips through the Belmont slop to a victory in the Dancin Renee.Posted 5 days ago
  • Treve too much for Flintshire and the rest in today's Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud.Posted 5 days ago
  • Golden Lad surges late to score in the Prairie Meadows Cornhusker.Posted 6 days ago
  • Bent on Bourbon has his coming out party in the Iowa Derby.Posted 6 days ago
  • Departing slips through on the hedge to win the Firecracker.Posted 6 days ago
  • Sarah Sis just holds off Pangburn in the Iowa Oaks.Posted 6 days ago
  • Cosmic Evolution edges away to victory in the Debutante.Posted 6 days ago

Shaun Bridgmohan gets 2,000th win

Fair Grounds Race Course
Photo: CDI

Veteran jockey Shaun Bridgmohan achieved the 2,000 career win milestone aboard Heiligbrodt Racing Stable’s Outfitter, conditioned by Eclipse Award winning trainer Steve Asmussen, in Saturday’s first race at Fair Grounds.

“It’s a relief,” said Bridgmohan in winner’s circle ceremonies. “I’ve been looking forward to it for awhile now and it felt good to finally get it out of the way. I’d also like to thank Steve (Asmussen, his primary employer) for giving me so many good horses to ride. He’s always shown a lot of faith in me and I really appreciate his support. He’s been a tremendous boost to my career.”

Bridgmohan achieved success almost immediately at the beginning of his career on the New York circuit and was the nation’s Eclipse Award winning apprentice jockey in 1998. He is currently a close third in the Fair Grounds standings behind leading rider James Graham and current runner-up Jamie Theriot.