• There will be a Pick Six carryover of $167,021 when racing resumes Friday at Los Alamitos.Posted 1 day ago
  • There will be a Pick Six carryover of $42,460 when racing resumes Thursday at Los Alamitos.Posted 2 days ago
  •  Assateague goes wire to wire in the Dr. James Penny Memorial!Posted 3 days ago
  • Clearly Now breaks the 7f track record at Belmont - 1:19.96.Posted 6 days ago
  • There will be a Pick Six carryover of $28,880 when racing resumes July 4 at Los Al.Posted 7 days ago
  • 1-9 Frac Daddy upset by Sky Captain in the Dominion Day! Posted 10 days ago
  •  Size holds off Ria Antonia in the Iowa Oaks!Posted 12 days ago
  •  Declassify game in the Triple Bend!Posted 13 days ago
  •  Riposte proves best in the New York Handicap!Posted 13 days ago

Shaun Bridgmohan gets 2,000th win

Fair Grounds Race Course
Photo: CDI

Veteran jockey Shaun Bridgmohan achieved the 2,000 career win milestone aboard Heiligbrodt Racing Stable’s Outfitter, conditioned by Eclipse Award winning trainer Steve Asmussen, in Saturday’s first race at Fair Grounds.

“It’s a relief,” said Bridgmohan in winner’s circle ceremonies. “I’ve been looking forward to it for awhile now and it felt good to finally get it out of the way. I’d also like to thank Steve (Asmussen, his primary employer) for giving me so many good horses to ride. He’s always shown a lot of faith in me and I really appreciate his support. He’s been a tremendous boost to my career.”

Bridgmohan achieved success almost immediately at the beginning of his career on the New York circuit and was the nation’s Eclipse Award winning apprentice jockey in 1998. He is currently a close third in the Fair Grounds standings behind leading rider James Graham and current runner-up Jamie Theriot.