• Far From Over is injured and off the Kentucky Derby trail, according to owner, James Covello.Posted 1 day ago
  • Materiality turns away the challenge of Upstart to win the Florida Derby.Posted 4 days ago
  • International Star reels in Stanford late to win the Louisiana Derby.Posted 4 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox sweeps the 3yo filly stakes at Fair Grounds with today's win in the Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Pants On Fire guts out a win in the Sir Shackleton.Posted 4 days ago
  • War Correspondent rolls late to win the Appleton.Posted 4 days ago
  • Prince Bishop wins the world's richest race; California Chrome 2nd.Posted 4 days ago
  • Dolniya dominates the boys in the Dubai Sheema ClassicPosted 4 days ago
  • Solow defeats The Grey Gatsby in the $6,000,000 Dubai TurfPosted 4 days ago

Shaun Bridgmohan gets 2,000th win

Fair Grounds Race Course
Photo: CDI

Veteran jockey Shaun Bridgmohan achieved the 2,000 career win milestone aboard Heiligbrodt Racing Stable’s Outfitter, conditioned by Eclipse Award winning trainer Steve Asmussen, in Saturday’s first race at Fair Grounds.

“It’s a relief,” said Bridgmohan in winner’s circle ceremonies. “I’ve been looking forward to it for awhile now and it felt good to finally get it out of the way. I’d also like to thank Steve (Asmussen, his primary employer) for giving me so many good horses to ride. He’s always shown a lot of faith in me and I really appreciate his support. He’s been a tremendous boost to my career.”

Bridgmohan achieved success almost immediately at the beginning of his career on the New York circuit and was the nation’s Eclipse Award winning apprentice jockey in 1998. He is currently a close third in the Fair Grounds standings behind leading rider James Graham and current runner-up Jamie Theriot.