• Lady Shipman breezes home much the best in Belmont's License Fee.Posted 4 days ago
  • Ben's Cat sprints home late to win his 10yo seasonal debut in thrilling fashion.Posted 4 days ago
  • Minding shows her class, easily winning the 1000 Guineas.Posted 4 days ago
  • Uncle Lino digs in to win the inaugural California Chrome Stakes.Posted 5 days ago
  • A Lot holds off favored Green Mask by a whisker to win the Elusive Quality.Posted 5 days ago
  • Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 5 days ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 6 days ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 9 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 11 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 12 days ago

Secret Circle Out of Count Fleet

Secret Circle 615 X 400
Photo: Eclipse Sportswire

Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert was forced to scratch Breeders’ Cup Sprint winner Secret Circle, the prohibitive favorite for today’s $300,000 Count Fleet Sprint Handicap, after he discovered the horse was given a tranquilizer after becoming fractious prior to boarding the Tex Sutton flight from California to Hot Springs Wednesday morning. The scratch was necessary because the medication would not have cleared the horse’s system in time.

"I am so upset,” said Baffert. “I am livid. I can't believe this is happening to me. I've been doing this for all of these years and shipping horses all over, and I can't believe it. None of my crew was aware of it. This horse is a two-ime Breeders' Cup winner and the owners (Karl Watson, Mike Pegram and Paul Weitmnan) are on a private jet and on their way there. I just cannot believe this. The shippers are usually reliable. I just cannot believe this is happening, especially when they know we are shipping to run. They know how to get a hold of me and they didn't. They said they dropped the ball. This is not good. Everybody there, the state vet or the track vet, has been nice. But it takes 48 hours (for the medication to clear the system), and I am not going to roll the dice."

Older Comments about Secret Circle Out of Count Fleet...

A shame indeed....So Sorry