• Haveyougoneaway (7-2) wears down Paulassilverlining to win the Honorable Miss at Saratoga.Posted 2 hours ago
  • Exaggerator is going in the Haskell, according to Steve Edelson of the Asbury Park Press.Posted 6 hours ago
  • The Gurkha wins a Sussex thriller over Galileo Gold and Ribchester.Posted 9 hours ago
  • Amis Gizmo romps home in the Prince of Wales at Fort Erie.Posted 23 hours ago
  • Long On Value (7-2) cuts back and rolls in the Lucky Coin Stakes.Posted 2 days ago
  • Songbird repels the challenge of Carina Mia, and romps home in the CCA Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Up With the Birds swings to victory in Woodbine's Nijinsky Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Tin Type Gal rides the rail to victory in Monmouth's Boiling Springs.Posted 3 days ago
  • California Chrome edges Dortmund in a San Diego Handicap showdown.Posted 3 days ago
  • Mokat (7-1) turns the San Clemente into a one-filly show.Posted 3 days ago

Secret Circle Out of Count Fleet

Secret Circle 615 X 400
Photo: Eclipse Sportswire

Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert was forced to scratch Breeders’ Cup Sprint winner Secret Circle, the prohibitive favorite for today’s $300,000 Count Fleet Sprint Handicap, after he discovered the horse was given a tranquilizer after becoming fractious prior to boarding the Tex Sutton flight from California to Hot Springs Wednesday morning. The scratch was necessary because the medication would not have cleared the horse’s system in time.

"I am so upset,” said Baffert. “I am livid. I can't believe this is happening to me. I've been doing this for all of these years and shipping horses all over, and I can't believe it. None of my crew was aware of it. This horse is a two-ime Breeders' Cup winner and the owners (Karl Watson, Mike Pegram and Paul Weitmnan) are on a private jet and on their way there. I just cannot believe this. The shippers are usually reliable. I just cannot believe this is happening, especially when they know we are shipping to run. They know how to get a hold of me and they didn't. They said they dropped the ball. This is not good. Everybody there, the state vet or the track vet, has been nice. But it takes 48 hours (for the medication to clear the system), and I am not going to roll the dice."

Older Comments about Secret Circle Out of Count Fleet...

A shame indeed....So Sorry