• American Pharoah drew post position #5 as the 3-5 favorite in a field of 8 for the Belmont.Posted 2 hours ago
  • Lady Eli remains unbeaten with her victory in the Wonder Again at Belmont Park.Posted 2 days ago
  • Force the Pass just gets up in the $500,000 Penn Mile with a late rush.Posted 3 days ago
  • Catch A Flight outduels Moreno to the wire in the Californian.Posted 3 days ago
  • It's all Golden Lad in the Mountainview at Penn National.Posted 3 days ago
  • Amelia's Wild Ride just holds off Ben's Cat to win the Pennsylvania Governor's Cup.Posted 3 days ago
  • Spanish Queen edges by Feathered down the lane to win the Grade 1 American Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Divisidero relentless from the outside to get up in the Pennine Ridge.Posted 3 days ago
  • Delicious run by The Pizza Man to win the Opening Verse.Posted 3 days ago
  • Alsvid upsets champion Work All Week in the Aristides at Churchill Downs.Posted 3 days ago

Secret Circle Out of Count Fleet

Secret Circle 615 X 400
Photo: Eclipse Sportswire

Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert was forced to scratch Breeders’ Cup Sprint winner Secret Circle, the prohibitive favorite for today’s $300,000 Count Fleet Sprint Handicap, after he discovered the horse was given a tranquilizer after becoming fractious prior to boarding the Tex Sutton flight from California to Hot Springs Wednesday morning. The scratch was necessary because the medication would not have cleared the horse’s system in time.

"I am so upset,” said Baffert. “I am livid. I can't believe this is happening to me. I've been doing this for all of these years and shipping horses all over, and I can't believe it. None of my crew was aware of it. This horse is a two-ime Breeders' Cup winner and the owners (Karl Watson, Mike Pegram and Paul Weitmnan) are on a private jet and on their way there. I just cannot believe this. The shippers are usually reliable. I just cannot believe this is happening, especially when they know we are shipping to run. They know how to get a hold of me and they didn't. They said they dropped the ball. This is not good. Everybody there, the state vet or the track vet, has been nice. But it takes 48 hours (for the medication to clear the system), and I am not going to roll the dice."

Older Comments about Secret Circle Out of Count Fleet...

A shame indeed....So Sorry