• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 3 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 4 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 4 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 4 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 4 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 4 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 5 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 10 days ago

Say it ain't so, Kent Desormeaux

Hall of Fame jockey Kent Desormeaux was arrested at Saratoga Race Course Wednesday evening. Police said he tried to hit a New York Racing Association security guard with his car.

Desormeaux, 41, of Weston, Fla., was charged with reckless endangerment, a misdemeanor. According to Lt. Sean Briscoe, city police officers at the track saw the incident and arrested Desormeaux. The security guard was not injured.

Briscoe said alcohol was not a factor.

Briscoe said Desormeaux was going to be released from police custody and would be scheduled to appear in City Court Thursday morning.

Older Comments about Say it ain't so, Kent Desormeaux...

I can never imagine him doing that. He was such a talented rider, and such a good person I just can't imagine it.
I've always thought that Desormeaux was a talented rider. Clutch in a lot of big races. But off the racetrack, he really does seem to be a real jerk. Not saying that just because of this incident either. I've heard him in post-race interviews, and I've also heard some stories about what he's like with alcohol in his system, too. Just another black eye to his career as far as I'm concerned.
thought this was a joke when my friend texted me a photo of this, but looks like its true.
He hasn't had much of a meet at Saratoga, even though he has produced. I guess frustration sets in when you've only had 51 mounts, with 13 wins.
Small guys when they are Peeved do odd things-Kent is a great man with a temper who did a dumb thing-Im a Deputy and I done dumb things-This guy Has a Sick Chyld-a fierce racer-Shit he made a dumb ass move forgive him.Unless your perfect-
I'm not surprised. He's an ass.