• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 3 days ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 4 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 4 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 4 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 4 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 7 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 9 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 10 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 10 days ago

Say it ain't so, Kent Desormeaux

Hall of Fame jockey Kent Desormeaux was arrested at Saratoga Race Course Wednesday evening. Police said he tried to hit a New York Racing Association security guard with his car.

Desormeaux, 41, of Weston, Fla., was charged with reckless endangerment, a misdemeanor. According to Lt. Sean Briscoe, city police officers at the track saw the incident and arrested Desormeaux. The security guard was not injured.

Briscoe said alcohol was not a factor.

Briscoe said Desormeaux was going to be released from police custody and would be scheduled to appear in City Court Thursday morning.

Older Comments about Say it ain't so, Kent Desormeaux...

I can never imagine him doing that. He was such a talented rider, and such a good person I just can't imagine it.
I've always thought that Desormeaux was a talented rider. Clutch in a lot of big races. But off the racetrack, he really does seem to be a real jerk. Not saying that just because of this incident either. I've heard him in post-race interviews, and I've also heard some stories about what he's like with alcohol in his system, too. Just another black eye to his career as far as I'm concerned.
thought this was a joke when my friend texted me a photo of this, but looks like its true.
He hasn't had much of a meet at Saratoga, even though he has produced. I guess frustration sets in when you've only had 51 mounts, with 13 wins.
Small guys when they are Peeved do odd things-Kent is a great man with a temper who did a dumb thing-Im a Deputy and I done dumb things-This guy Has a Sick Chyld-a fierce racer-Shit he made a dumb ass move forgive him.Unless your perfect-
I'm not surprised. He's an ass.