• There will be a Pick Six carryover of $18,465 when racing resumes Friday at Los Alamitos.Posted 10 hours ago
  • Bayerd gets the job done in the Springboard Mile! Posted 4 days ago
  • Acceptance remains unbeaten in winning the King Glorious! Posted 4 days ago
  • Good Luck Gus best in the Damon Runyon! Posted 4 days ago
  • Mr. Z works 5F in 1:00.00 (2/24) at Los Al on Dec. 14Posted 4 days ago
  • Liam's Map gamely gets his first stakes win in the Harlan's Holiday! Posted 5 days ago
  • Micromanage over Vyjack in the Queens County! Posted 5 days ago
  • Sunbean does it again in the Louisana Champions Day Classic! Posted 5 days ago
  •  Merry Meadow gets up for the win in the Grade 3 Sugar Swirl!Posted 5 days ago
  • Top Billing breezed 3F in :38.00 (4/10) at Payson Park T.C.Posted 6 days ago

Say it ain't so, Kent Desormeaux

Hall of Fame jockey Kent Desormeaux was arrested at Saratoga Race Course Wednesday evening. Police said he tried to hit a New York Racing Association security guard with his car.

Desormeaux, 41, of Weston, Fla., was charged with reckless endangerment, a misdemeanor. According to Lt. Sean Briscoe, city police officers at the track saw the incident and arrested Desormeaux. The security guard was not injured.

Briscoe said alcohol was not a factor.

Briscoe said Desormeaux was going to be released from police custody and would be scheduled to appear in City Court Thursday morning.

Older Comments about Say it ain't so, Kent Desormeaux...

I can never imagine him doing that. He was such a talented rider, and such a good person I just can't imagine it.
I've always thought that Desormeaux was a talented rider. Clutch in a lot of big races. But off the racetrack, he really does seem to be a real jerk. Not saying that just because of this incident either. I've heard him in post-race interviews, and I've also heard some stories about what he's like with alcohol in his system, too. Just another black eye to his career as far as I'm concerned.
thought this was a joke when my friend texted me a photo of this, but looks like its true.
He hasn't had much of a meet at Saratoga, even though he has produced. I guess frustration sets in when you've only had 51 mounts, with 13 wins.
Small guys when they are Peeved do odd things-Kent is a great man with a temper who did a dumb thing-Im a Deputy and I done dumb things-This guy Has a Sick Chyld-a fierce racer-Shit he made a dumb ass move forgive him.Unless your perfect-
I'm not surprised. He's an ass.