• There will be a Pick Six carryover of $18,465 when racing resumes Friday at Los Alamitos.Posted 11 hours ago
  • Bayerd gets the job done in the Springboard Mile! Posted 4 days ago
  • Acceptance remains unbeaten in winning the King Glorious! Posted 4 days ago
  • Good Luck Gus best in the Damon Runyon! Posted 4 days ago
  • Mr. Z works 5F in 1:00.00 (2/24) at Los Al on Dec. 14Posted 4 days ago
  • Liam's Map gamely gets his first stakes win in the Harlan's Holiday! Posted 5 days ago
  • Micromanage over Vyjack in the Queens County! Posted 5 days ago
  • Sunbean does it again in the Louisana Champions Day Classic! Posted 5 days ago
  •  Merry Meadow gets up for the win in the Grade 3 Sugar Swirl!Posted 5 days ago
  • Top Billing breezed 3F in :38.00 (4/10) at Payson Park T.C.Posted 6 days ago

Sassy Image gets up in Winning Colors

Meet-leading jockey Corey Lanerie hasn't made many mistakes this spring at Churchill Downs. But he thought he might have been a tad overconfident in riding odds-on favorite Sassy Image in Monday's $111,600 Winning Colors Stakes.

It didn't matter, as the 4-year-old Sassy Image closed from fifth to nail the gutsy pacesetter Beat the Blues in the final two strides for a neck victory in the Grade III stakes. The triumph gave Lanerie his third straight win on the holiday card and a 23-22 lead in the jockey standings over Shaun Bridgmohan.

“I thought I got up, but I tell you what, take nothing away from Beat the Blues,” Lanerie said. “She put in a game effort. It was a little short for my horse. I actually might have ridden her with too much confidence. I saw them going up there kind of fast, and I waited almost a little too long, thinking I had 'em where I wanted them. And that horse never stopped.”