• Capla Temptress (5-1) rolls home in the Natalma, while making her North American debut.Posted 2 days ago
  • Untamed Domain (3-1) kicks it in late to win the Summer Stakes at Woodbine.Posted 2 days ago
  • World Approval (2-1) shows he is much the best in the Grade 1 Woodbine Mile.Posted 3 days ago
  • Patrona Margarita (23-1) draws clear in the Grade 2 Pocahontas.Posted 3 days ago
  • Uni (6-5) runs down La Coronel in the Grade 2 Sands Point.Posted 3 days ago
  • Johnny Bear (9-1) noses out Hawkbill in the Grade 1 Northern Dancer Turf.Posted 3 days ago
  • Chublicious (10-1) upsets the Grade 3 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash.Posted 3 days ago
  • The Tabulator (4-1) holds on in the Grade 3 Iroquois despite drifting out.Posted 3 days ago
  • Quidura (2-5) proves best in Grade 2 Canadian.Posted 3 days ago
  • Winx rolls late in the Colgate Optic White Stakes for her 20th straight victory!Posted 3 days ago

Sassy Image gets up in Winning Colors

Meet-leading jockey Corey Lanerie hasn't made many mistakes this spring at Churchill Downs. But he thought he might have been a tad overconfident in riding odds-on favorite Sassy Image in Monday's $111,600 Winning Colors Stakes.

It didn't matter, as the 4-year-old Sassy Image closed from fifth to nail the gutsy pacesetter Beat the Blues in the final two strides for a neck victory in the Grade III stakes. The triumph gave Lanerie his third straight win on the holiday card and a 23-22 lead in the jockey standings over Shaun Bridgmohan.

“I thought I got up, but I tell you what, take nothing away from Beat the Blues,” Lanerie said. “She put in a game effort. It was a little short for my horse. I actually might have ridden her with too much confidence. I saw them going up there kind of fast, and I waited almost a little too long, thinking I had 'em where I wanted them. And that horse never stopped.”