• Hoppertunity nips Imperative by a San Antonio head-bob.Posted 5 hours ago
  • In her seasonal debut, Songbird is a dominant winner of the Las Virgenes at Santa Anita.Posted 7 hours ago
  • Lukes Alley kicks it in late to win the Grade 1 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap.Posted 7 hours ago
  • Mor Spirit cruises late to win the Robert B. Lewis at Santa Anita.Posted 7 hours ago
  • Aussie-bred Power Alert gets there first in the GP Turf Sprint.Posted 8 hours ago
  • Tommy Macho runs away with the Fred Hooper at Gulfsrtream Park.Posted 10 hours ago
  • No catching Tammy the Torpedo in the turfy Suwannee River.Posted 10 hours ago
  • Lady Shipman (1-5) is an easy winner in the Lady's Turf Sprint at Gulfstream.Posted 10 hours ago
  • Cadet Roni relishes the slop in the Wishing Well at Santa Anita.Posted 6 days ago
  • Flora Dora gets to the wire first in the Big A's Busanda.Posted 6 days ago

Santana Notches 1,000th Career Win

Arlington Park.

Jockey Jozbin “J.Z.” Santana notched the 1,000th victory of his career when he guided James DiVito, Vince Swartz & Joe Paglini’s Clocker Bob to a four-length win for trainer DiVito in the seventh race Friday at Arlington Park.

Earlier in the day, Castanon picked up win No. 998 aboard Ron Magers, Roe Conn, Robert Marcocchio & Russell Scurto’s Third Chance, also trained by DiVito, in the first race and tallied No. 999 astride Robert Heckmann’s Hot Kitten in the sixth race for trainer Michele Boyce.

Santana was joined in the winner’s circle by agent Penny Ffitch-Heyes, Arlington officials and his fellow riders as a video played saluting the milestone score as well as highlights of his career since coming to Chicago to ride last year.

“I’m very happy and I want to give all the glory to God,” Santana said.  “I thank everybody here in Chicago that has been treating me very good and giving me live mounts.  I appreciate everything that everyone has done for me.”

A 32-year-old native of Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico, Santana became the father of a baby girl named Joshinelli born Monday on the Fourth of July.  Currently leading the standings at Arlington, he also tied for leading rider honors at Hawthorne Race Course this spring.