• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 3 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 3 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 3 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 3 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 3 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 3 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 3 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 4 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 5 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 9 days ago

Santana Notches 1,000th Career Win

Arlington Park.

Jockey Jozbin “J.Z.” Santana notched the 1,000th victory of his career when he guided James DiVito, Vince Swartz & Joe Paglini’s Clocker Bob to a four-length win for trainer DiVito in the seventh race Friday at Arlington Park.

Earlier in the day, Castanon picked up win No. 998 aboard Ron Magers, Roe Conn, Robert Marcocchio & Russell Scurto’s Third Chance, also trained by DiVito, in the first race and tallied No. 999 astride Robert Heckmann’s Hot Kitten in the sixth race for trainer Michele Boyce.

Santana was joined in the winner’s circle by agent Penny Ffitch-Heyes, Arlington officials and his fellow riders as a video played saluting the milestone score as well as highlights of his career since coming to Chicago to ride last year.

“I’m very happy and I want to give all the glory to God,” Santana said.  “I thank everybody here in Chicago that has been treating me very good and giving me live mounts.  I appreciate everything that everyone has done for me.”

A 32-year-old native of Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico, Santana became the father of a baby girl named Joshinelli born Monday on the Fourth of July.  Currently leading the standings at Arlington, he also tied for leading rider honors at Hawthorne Race Course this spring.