• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 9 hours ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 11 hours ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 1 day ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 1 day ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 1 day ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 1 day ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 1 day ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 1 day ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 2 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Santa Anita: Bisono, Stute Share Big Day

Good things come in twos for Gary Stute. The son of retired trainer Mel Stute won two races back to back at Santa Anita yesterday, Tiz Dynamic ($16.40) in the sixth and Arresting Officer ($12.60) in the seventh. Each horse was ridden by Alex Bisono.

“I also won two races in one day at Hollywood on Dec. 15 and two when the Breeders’ Cup was run at Santa Anita in November,” Gary pointed out. “I guess I have to run two or three on the same day.”

Gary had high praise for the 28-year-old Bisono, whose book is handled by agent Brandon O’Bryan.

“Every horse I put that kid on, he rides perfect,” Stute said. “He hasn’t given me a bad ride yet. I used to ride him years ago when Debbie Olsen (currently working as Santa Anita’s Publicity Coordinator) had his book. He went to ride in Northern California for a while, and when Matt (Garcia) quit riding, he was always my go-to guy, so I didn’t really have anyone.”

On hand Monday morning to help celebrate Gary’s big day was his 85-year-old father, Mel, recovering from a head injury in a spill two weeks ago. Mel, with the aid of a walker and family and friends, made it to his regular table at Clockers’ Corner despite nippy weather that had dipped into the 30s before sunup.

“It’s good to be here again,” said Mel, who didn’t push his luck first day back, opting not to stay for the races.