• Favorite Tara's Tango surges to win the Santa Maria at the wire.Posted 21 minutes ago
  • O'Neill's strengthens his stable of 3-year-olds as Frank Conversation wins the El Camino Real Derby.Posted 37 minutes ago
  • Bolo nabs Obviously in the final strides of the Arcadia.Posted 3 hours ago
  • BC Mile heroine Tepin crushes her foes in the Lambholm South Endeavor Stakes. Posted 3 hours ago
  • Dancing House is ultra-game in taking the Barbara Fritchie.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Penwith scores in the Royal Delta at Gulfstream Park.Posted 5 hours ago
  • Destin rolls home in the Sam F. Davis at Tampa Bay Downs.Posted 5 hours ago
  • Polar River wins the UAE 1000 Guineas by a pole.Posted 2 days ago
  • Kobe's Back goes from last to first down the stretch to win the Palos Verdes.Posted 6 days ago
  • Storied Lady (4-1) up the rail to nip Saythreehailmary's in the Biogio's Rose.Posted 6 days ago

Sahadi looks forward to Del Mar

Trainer Jenine Sahadi looks forward to bringing her stable to Del Mar every summer. She will be bringing 14 horses this year and enjoys spending time at her home in Del Mar.

“Del Mar is my favorite track,” said Sahadi, who spends most of her year at Los Angeles tracks. “I love being there with my family, my mother and my younger brother, Steve, who lives in Solana Beach with his family. It’s as close to a mini vacation as I get.”

How did Sahadi select training racehorses as a vocation? Sahadi grew up with horses as a central focus in her life. Her parents, Fred and Helen Sahadi, owned Cardiff Stud Farm in Creston, Calif. Her father founded Barretts, an equine sales company. After earning degrees in journalism and communications at the University of Southern California, Sahadi worked for seven years in the marketing and publicity departments at Hollywood Park.