• Long shot Stormy Lucy (65-1) upsets the Matriarch (G1) at Del Mar in the last stride. Posted 1 day ago
  • Dortmund romps home a winner in the Native Diver.Posted 2 days ago
  • Commissioner much the best in the Hawthorne Gold Cup.Posted 2 days ago
  • Chiropractor edges March for a Hollywood Derby win at 14-1.Posted 2 days ago
  • Airoforce takes to the dirt in a big way, pulling away to win the Kentucky Jockey Club.Posted 2 days ago
  • Carina Mia turns back Stageplay in the Golden Rod.Posted 2 days ago
  • Tonalist with a late rush to just get up in the Cigar Mile!Posted 2 days ago
  • Forever Unbridled outduels Carrumba to the wire in the Comely.Posted 2 days ago
  • Mohaymen an impressive winner of Aqueduct's nine furlong Remsen.Posted 2 days ago
  • Lewis Bay runs to her odds in the Demoiselle.Posted 2 days ago

Sahadi looks forward to Del Mar

Trainer Jenine Sahadi looks forward to bringing her stable to Del Mar every summer. She will be bringing 14 horses this year and enjoys spending time at her home in Del Mar.

“Del Mar is my favorite track,” said Sahadi, who spends most of her year at Los Angeles tracks. “I love being there with my family, my mother and my younger brother, Steve, who lives in Solana Beach with his family. It’s as close to a mini vacation as I get.”

How did Sahadi select training racehorses as a vocation? Sahadi grew up with horses as a central focus in her life. Her parents, Fred and Helen Sahadi, owned Cardiff Stud Farm in Creston, Calif. Her father founded Barretts, an equine sales company. After earning degrees in journalism and communications at the University of Southern California, Sahadi worked for seven years in the marketing and publicity departments at Hollywood Park.