• Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 2 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 5 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 5 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 5 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 5 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 6 days ago
  • Cupid has been removed from consideration from the Kentucky Derby; Mo Tom is now in.Posted 10 days ago

Walkwithapurpose Struts Her Stuff

Sagamore Farm’s Walkwithapurpose took the lead when no other filly wanted it and was on cruise control the rest of the way to win the $100,000 Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship this afternoon at Laurel Park.

Jeremy Rose is now three for three at Laurel on the daughter of Candy Ride. Co-favorite Hot Fun rallied from fourth to try and catch the winner but had to settle for second, eight lengths behind.

“She is starting to get it now,” Rose said. “When I broke her maiden (Oct. 3) you could tell she had talent but she was all over the track. Every race she is getting better and better. I felt Forest (Boyce on Hot Fun) coming to us but when I asked she just exploded.”

Ignacio Correas trains Walkwithapurpose, who completed the 7-1/2 furlong distance in 1:32.67.

“She’s incredible,” said Correas. “She does things very easily and is starting to mature. I hope she keeps improving. My ultimate goal is to have her run in the Black-Eyed Susan.”

Walkwithapurpose paid $4.20.