• Gold Rush Dancer (14-1) pulls the upset in Del Mar's Real Good Deal Stakes.Posted 1 day ago
  • Haveyougoneaway (7-2) wears down Paulassilverlining to win the Honorable Miss at Saratoga.Posted 1 day ago
  • Exaggerator is going in the Haskell, according to Steve Edelson of the Asbury Park Press.Posted 1 day ago
  • The Gurkha wins a Sussex thriller over Galileo Gold and Ribchester.Posted 1 day ago
  • Amis Gizmo romps home in the Prince of Wales at Fort Erie.Posted 2 days ago
  • Long On Value (7-2) cuts back and rolls in the Lucky Coin Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Songbird repels the challenge of Carina Mia, and romps home in the CCA Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Up With the Birds swings to victory in Woodbine's Nijinsky Stakes.Posted 4 days ago
  • Tin Type Gal rides the rail to victory in Monmouth's Boiling Springs.Posted 4 days ago
  • California Chrome edges Dortmund in a San Diego Handicap showdown.Posted 5 days ago

Risen Star Possible for Pants On Fire

George and Lori Hall’s Pants On Fire, who finished second by a neck in Fair Grounds’ Grade III Lecomte Stakes Jan. 22 behind Gaillardia Racing’s Wilkinson after having a one-length lead at the eighth-pole, breezed five furlongs in 1:01 at South Florida’s Palm Meadows Training Center Saturday morning and may be making a return trip to New Orleans for the Grade II Risen Star Stakes Feb. 19.

“The work was good,” said Pants On Fire’s trainer Kelly Breen later in the day while speaking over the phone from South Florida. “It went well. I might possibly give him one more work next week before I decide for sure what we’re going to do, but I liked his race over that (Fair Grounds) track last time. He really tried.”

In his previous trip to the post, Pants On Fire ran third in Aqueduct’s $65,000 Count Fleet Stakes on New Year’s Day, and then breezed a half-mile over the Belmont training track in 49 flat before coming to the Crescent City.

Breen also trains the Halls’ Sweet Ducky, who finished second to Robert LaPenta’s Dialed In in Gulfstream’s Grade III Holy Bull Stakes Jan. 30, as well as Ruler On Ice, also owned by the Halls, who finished second beaten less than a length in a first-level allowance race at Aqueduct Friday in his first start since last October.

“I was in New York for that race but I’m back at Palm Meadows now,” said Breen. “I will be getting together with the owners in the next few days and make more definite plans for all three horses. Right now, we’re keeping our options open.”

JOCKEY JOHN JACINTO EYES RETURN TO RIDING SHORTLY

Jockey John Jacinto, who finished third in Fair Grounds’ jockey standings last year but suffered a broken wrist when unseated from a horse during training hours Dec. 2 here, is estimating a return to the saddle within two weeks.

“I feel great,” said Jacinto Sunday morning during training hours. “I go back to the doctor tomorrow to get released, but the cast has been off for two weeks now and I’ve been rehabbing since then. I expect to be back riding within a couple of weeks, for sure.”

Jacinto was in the midst of a hot streak two seasons ago at Fair Grounds when his successful winter was cut short after he suffered a broken collarbone.