• Hoppertunity nips Imperative by a San Antonio head-bob.Posted 14 hours ago
  • In her seasonal debut, Songbird is a dominant winner of the Las Virgenes at Santa Anita.Posted 16 hours ago
  • Lukes Alley kicks it in late to win the Grade 1 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap.Posted 16 hours ago
  • Mor Spirit cruises late to win the Robert B. Lewis at Santa Anita.Posted 17 hours ago
  • Aussie-bred Power Alert gets there first in the GP Turf Sprint.Posted 17 hours ago
  • Tommy Macho runs away with the Fred Hooper at Gulfsrtream Park.Posted 19 hours ago
  • No catching Tammy the Torpedo in the turfy Suwannee River.Posted 20 hours ago
  • Lady Shipman (1-5) is an easy winner in the Lady's Turf Sprint at Gulfstream.Posted 20 hours ago
  • Cadet Roni relishes the slop in the Wishing Well at Santa Anita.Posted 6 days ago
  • Flora Dora gets to the wire first in the Big A's Busanda.Posted 6 days ago

Rain Postpones Wise Dan's Turf Workout

With nearly a quarter of an inch of rain overnight and a forecast for more that materialized Thursday morning, there were no grass works at Keeneland, which meant reigning Horse of the Year Wise Dan had his morning exercise on the training track rather than working toward the $2 million Breeders’ Cup Mile (G1).

“It will depend on the weather, but I may work him tomorrow or Saturday,” trainer Charlie LoPresti said. “The racing office has said I can work on the turf any day I want, and I have that option to work him on the main track like I did last year before the Breeders’ Cup.”

Wise Dan, a homebred racing for Mort Fink, had his nine-race win streak snapped Oct. 5 in the Shadwell Turf Mile (G1), which was moved off the turf because of heavy rain.

“He was just a little mad after that race,” LoPresti said. “But he is doing great and training well and I couldn’t be any happier with him.”