• Enola Gray remains undefeated in 3 starts after running away with the Fleet Treat.Posted 7 hours ago
  • Heavily favored Enola Gray makes short work of her competition in the Fleet Treat.Posted 7 hours ago
  • Ancient Secret takes the Lake George (G2).Posted 12 hours ago
  • Sweet Loretta the strong winner of the Schuylerville (G3).Posted 12 hours ago
  • Pretty N Cool flaunts her class in the C.E.R.F. Stakes at Del Mar.Posted 2 days ago
  • Superstar turf horse, Postponed will not defend in Saturday's King George due to respiratory infection.Posted 2 days ago
  • Midnight Storm proves too tough to pass in the Grade 2 Eddie Read.Posted 5 days ago
  • Barleysugar (10-1) makes short work of the Sandy Blue in her U.S. debut.Posted 5 days ago
  • Miss Freeze (8-1) ices her competition with a debut win in the Lynbrook Stakes.Posted 5 days ago
  • There's no catching Midnight Miley (27-1) in the Ontario Matron.Posted 5 days ago

Rain Postpones Wise Dan's Turf Workout

With nearly a quarter of an inch of rain overnight and a forecast for more that materialized Thursday morning, there were no grass works at Keeneland, which meant reigning Horse of the Year Wise Dan had his morning exercise on the training track rather than working toward the $2 million Breeders’ Cup Mile (G1).

“It will depend on the weather, but I may work him tomorrow or Saturday,” trainer Charlie LoPresti said. “The racing office has said I can work on the turf any day I want, and I have that option to work him on the main track like I did last year before the Breeders’ Cup.”

Wise Dan, a homebred racing for Mort Fink, had his nine-race win streak snapped Oct. 5 in the Shadwell Turf Mile (G1), which was moved off the turf because of heavy rain.

“He was just a little mad after that race,” LoPresti said. “But he is doing great and training well and I couldn’t be any happier with him.”