• Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 14 hours ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 3 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 5 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 6 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 6 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 6 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 6 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 6 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 6 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 7 days ago

Rain Postpones Wise Dan's Turf Workout

With nearly a quarter of an inch of rain overnight and a forecast for more that materialized Thursday morning, there were no grass works at Keeneland, which meant reigning Horse of the Year Wise Dan had his morning exercise on the training track rather than working toward the $2 million Breeders’ Cup Mile (G1).

“It will depend on the weather, but I may work him tomorrow or Saturday,” trainer Charlie LoPresti said. “The racing office has said I can work on the turf any day I want, and I have that option to work him on the main track like I did last year before the Breeders’ Cup.”

Wise Dan, a homebred racing for Mort Fink, had his nine-race win streak snapped Oct. 5 in the Shadwell Turf Mile (G1), which was moved off the turf because of heavy rain.

“He was just a little mad after that race,” LoPresti said. “But he is doing great and training well and I couldn’t be any happier with him.”