• Long shot Stormy Lucy (65-1) upsets the Matriarch (G1) at Del Mar in the last stride. Posted 1 day ago
  • Dortmund romps home a winner in the Native Diver.Posted 2 days ago
  • Commissioner much the best in the Hawthorne Gold Cup.Posted 2 days ago
  • Chiropractor edges March for a Hollywood Derby win at 14-1.Posted 2 days ago
  • Airoforce takes to the dirt in a big way, pulling away to win the Kentucky Jockey Club.Posted 2 days ago
  • Carina Mia turns back Stageplay in the Golden Rod.Posted 2 days ago
  • Tonalist with a late rush to just get up in the Cigar Mile!Posted 2 days ago
  • Forever Unbridled outduels Carrumba to the wire in the Comely.Posted 2 days ago
  • Mohaymen an impressive winner of Aqueduct's nine furlong Remsen.Posted 2 days ago
  • Lewis Bay runs to her odds in the Demoiselle.Posted 2 days ago

Rain Postpones Wise Dan's Turf Workout

With nearly a quarter of an inch of rain overnight and a forecast for more that materialized Thursday morning, there were no grass works at Keeneland, which meant reigning Horse of the Year Wise Dan had his morning exercise on the training track rather than working toward the $2 million Breeders’ Cup Mile (G1).

“It will depend on the weather, but I may work him tomorrow or Saturday,” trainer Charlie LoPresti said. “The racing office has said I can work on the turf any day I want, and I have that option to work him on the main track like I did last year before the Breeders’ Cup.”

Wise Dan, a homebred racing for Mort Fink, had his nine-race win streak snapped Oct. 5 in the Shadwell Turf Mile (G1), which was moved off the turf because of heavy rain.

“He was just a little mad after that race,” LoPresti said. “But he is doing great and training well and I couldn’t be any happier with him.”