• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 1 day ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 1 day ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 1 day ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 1 day ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 4 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 6 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 7 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 7 days ago

Quality Road Works Toward Gold Cup

HALLENDALE, FL.- FEBRUARY 28, 2009: John R. Velazquez rides Quality Road (VA) during the 63rd running of the Fasig-Tipton Fountain of Youth (Grade II) at Gulfstream Park in Hallendale Beach, FL.
The son of Elusive Quality worked five furlongs in 1:01.14 in preparation for his next start Oct. 3 in the Jockey Club Gold Cup Invitational (gr. I). Read More

Older Comments about Quality Road Works Toward Gold Cup...

I've loved this colt from the very beginning. He really has impressive speed. He was definitely going to be my pick in the Kentucky Derby if he had made it there. His races in the Fountain of Youth and the Florida Derby were just a sign of what I thought were things to come. Even most recently in the Amsterdam Stakes, even with it being only 6 furlongs, you could still tell he's got it. I really think you can throw out the Travers on this horse because he got roughed up out of the gate and he just definitly didn't like that muddy Saratoga track. If he runs on a dry Belmont track saturday, with that outside post position, I say he wins the Jockey Club Gold Cup.
I would love to see Quality Road bring his A game and turn the tables on Summer Bird in the Gold Cup. Should be an interesting race.
Quality Road is a very talented race horse and yes, the real QR will show-up for the JCGC (or so I hope).
Hopefully, he'll show his normal self. I think him or Summer Bird will win the event. I don't think Mine That Bird will be a contender.
I am expecting the real Quality Road to show up in the JC Gold Cup. A free and clear prominent throughout trip is anticipated.