• Gold Rush Dancer (14-1) pulls the upset in Del Mar's Real Good Deal Stakes.Posted 14 hours ago
  • Haveyougoneaway (7-2) wears down Paulassilverlining to win the Honorable Miss at Saratoga.Posted 17 hours ago
  • Exaggerator is going in the Haskell, according to Steve Edelson of the Asbury Park Press.Posted 22 hours ago
  • The Gurkha wins a Sussex thriller over Galileo Gold and Ribchester.Posted 1 day ago
  • Amis Gizmo romps home in the Prince of Wales at Fort Erie.Posted 1 day ago
  • Long On Value (7-2) cuts back and rolls in the Lucky Coin Stakes.Posted 2 days ago
  • Songbird repels the challenge of Carina Mia, and romps home in the CCA Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Up With the Birds swings to victory in Woodbine's Nijinsky Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Tin Type Gal rides the rail to victory in Monmouth's Boiling Springs.Posted 3 days ago
  • California Chrome edges Dortmund in a San Diego Handicap showdown.Posted 4 days ago

Quality Road Works Toward Gold Cup

HALLENDALE, FL.- FEBRUARY 28, 2009: John R. Velazquez rides Quality Road (VA) during the 63rd running of the Fasig-Tipton Fountain of Youth (Grade II) at Gulfstream Park in Hallendale Beach, FL.
The son of Elusive Quality worked five furlongs in 1:01.14 in preparation for his next start Oct. 3 in the Jockey Club Gold Cup Invitational (gr. I). Read More

Older Comments about Quality Road Works Toward Gold Cup...

I've loved this colt from the very beginning. He really has impressive speed. He was definitely going to be my pick in the Kentucky Derby if he had made it there. His races in the Fountain of Youth and the Florida Derby were just a sign of what I thought were things to come. Even most recently in the Amsterdam Stakes, even with it being only 6 furlongs, you could still tell he's got it. I really think you can throw out the Travers on this horse because he got roughed up out of the gate and he just definitly didn't like that muddy Saratoga track. If he runs on a dry Belmont track saturday, with that outside post position, I say he wins the Jockey Club Gold Cup.
I would love to see Quality Road bring his A game and turn the tables on Summer Bird in the Gold Cup. Should be an interesting race.
Quality Road is a very talented race horse and yes, the real QR will show-up for the JCGC (or so I hope).
Hopefully, he'll show his normal self. I think him or Summer Bird will win the event. I don't think Mine That Bird will be a contender.
I am expecting the real Quality Road to show up in the JC Gold Cup. A free and clear prominent throughout trip is anticipated.