• Lady Shipman breezes home much the best in Belmont's License Fee.Posted 2 days ago
  • Ben's Cat sprints home late to win his 10yo seasonal debut in thrilling fashion.Posted 2 days ago
  • Minding shows her class, easily winning the 1000 Guineas.Posted 2 days ago
  • Uncle Lino digs in to win the inaugural California Chrome Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • A Lot holds off favored Green Mask by a whisker to win the Elusive Quality.Posted 3 days ago
  • Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 3 days ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 4 days ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 7 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 9 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 10 days ago

Quality Road Works Toward Gold Cup

HALLENDALE, FL.- FEBRUARY 28, 2009: John R. Velazquez rides Quality Road (VA) during the 63rd running of the Fasig-Tipton Fountain of Youth (Grade II) at Gulfstream Park in Hallendale Beach, FL.
The son of Elusive Quality worked five furlongs in 1:01.14 in preparation for his next start Oct. 3 in the Jockey Club Gold Cup Invitational (gr. I). Read More

Older Comments about Quality Road Works Toward Gold Cup...

I've loved this colt from the very beginning. He really has impressive speed. He was definitely going to be my pick in the Kentucky Derby if he had made it there. His races in the Fountain of Youth and the Florida Derby were just a sign of what I thought were things to come. Even most recently in the Amsterdam Stakes, even with it being only 6 furlongs, you could still tell he's got it. I really think you can throw out the Travers on this horse because he got roughed up out of the gate and he just definitly didn't like that muddy Saratoga track. If he runs on a dry Belmont track saturday, with that outside post position, I say he wins the Jockey Club Gold Cup.
I would love to see Quality Road bring his A game and turn the tables on Summer Bird in the Gold Cup. Should be an interesting race.
Quality Road is a very talented race horse and yes, the real QR will show-up for the JCGC (or so I hope).
Hopefully, he'll show his normal self. I think him or Summer Bird will win the event. I don't think Mine That Bird will be a contender.
I am expecting the real Quality Road to show up in the JC Gold Cup. A free and clear prominent throughout trip is anticipated.