• Arrogate draws post position #9 for Saturday's Dubai World Cup.Posted 2 days ago
  • Vale Dori (6-5) wins a virtual match race over Finest City in the G1 Santa Margarita.Posted 5 days ago
  • Malagacy (3-1) remains unbeaten with an impressive Rebel win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Enola Gray (2-5) much the best down the hill in the Irish O'Brien.Posted 5 days ago
  • Jenda's Agenda (2-5) stays unbeaten with a facile win in the Caeser's Wish.Posted 5 days ago
  • Mor Spirit (1-2) too good in the Essex at Oaklawn Park.Posted 5 days ago
  • Distinta (11-1) gets up on the shadow of the wire in the Inside Information.Posted 5 days ago
  • Twisted Tom (4-1) gets up in the final jump to win the Private Terms.Posted 5 days ago
  • Streamline (12-1) upsets the Azeri; rough trip for favorite Terra Promessa.Posted 5 days ago
  • Clothes Fall Off (6-5) undresses the competition in the Correction.Posted 5 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Dubai World Cup 2017

Puype Ties BHP Record With Six Consecutive Wins

Trainer Mike Puype tied a Betfair Hollywood Park record when he earned his sixth consecutive victory in Saturday’s ninth race.

The win by 2-1 favorite Hustlin Nu in the $20,000 maiden claimer continued a streak that began Thursday for Puype, 46. The Arizona native matched the record set by Allen Drumheller, Sr. (July 4-5, 1955).

Change of Plan ($5) began the trainer’s roll by capturing Thursday’s second. Puype won twice Friday, taking back-to-back races with Smart N Dreamy ($6.20) in the fourth and Bella Viaggia ($3.80) in the fifth and tripled Saturday with Muchos Besos’ $25 upset in the first and Insideondoutside ($6) in the fifth preceding Hustlin Nu’s heroics.

“It doesn’t get any better than that,’’ he said. “Six wins in a row and tying a 58-year-old record. I knew I had a good chance (in the ninth) because the owners let me enter this horse (in the right spot) today.

“This is large. It’s going to help my business. I’ve already got 13 calls on my phone. I thought I would have a good week, but not as well as it’s turned out. I’ve had great trips and great rides.’’

Puype can break the record Sunday if Moonlight Splitter, 8-1 on the morning line of Betfair Hollywood Park’s Russ Hudak, wins the sixth race.

Owned in part by Jim Rome’s Jungle Racing LLC, the 3-year-old daughter of Pomeroy will make her initial start in a $52,000 maiden affair at six furlongs on turf.

Puype also entered Goodtobewild, a 4-year-old maiden filly who has been second in all three of her starts, in Sunday’s ninth.

“They’re both live,’’ he said. “It’s not easy to win a maiden special weight around here, but Moonlight Splitter is very fast. I don’t know how far she’ll go, but she’s fast. Goodtobewild is the (7-2 morning line) favorite and has a real good chance.’’

The recent surge has propelled Puype into second place in the trainer’s race. Through 36 days of the Spring/Summer meet, Puype has 17 victories, six fewer than leader John Sadler, who won twice Saturday.