• Bowies Hero (3-1) much the best in the Oceanside Stakes on opening day at Del Mar.Posted 16 hours ago
  • Irap (7-5) romps home a big winner of the Indiana Derby.Posted 4 days ago
  • Eagle (5-2) rides the rail to victory in the Schaefer Memorial.Posted 4 days ago
  • West Coast (2-5) powers home nicely in the Los Alamitos Derby.Posted 4 days ago
  • Songbird (1-9) wins the Delaware Handicap by only a length.Posted 4 days ago
  • Disco Partner (7-5) runs away from his Forbidden Apple competition.Posted 4 days ago
  • Frostmourne (1-2) turns the Kent Stakes into his own private party.Posted 4 days ago
  • Harry Angel defeats Limato and Caravaggio in the Group 1 July Cup.Posted 5 days ago
  • European champion filly Minding has been retired from racing.Posted 7 days ago
  • Hawkbill (Kitten's Joy) scores in the Group 2 Princess of Wales's at Newmarket.Posted 7 days ago
Get Expert Del Mar & Saratoga Stakes Picks, Exacta, Trifecta & Superfecta Tickets Now!

Puglisi Returns to Winners' Circle

Hollywood Park logo.
Photo: Hollywood Park

Veteran jockey Iggy Puglisi savored his first victory of the year Saturday with longshot Ghost N Your Heart, a 2-year-old filly which paid $58.80 after an upset victory in the fourth race for $32,000 maiden claimers.

“This was neat,” said Puglisi, a 36-year-old native of Argentina. “It was all because of one of her owners, Dave Unger. He called me and asked if I would like to ride her, and I said I would love to.

“I worked her one time, she was scratched from another race, and I got very lucky today,” said Puglisi of the first-time starter who rallied to win the 6 ½-furlong race. “It was nice to be back in the winner’s circle.”

Ghost N Your Heart completed a training double for Paul Aguirre, who also won the second race with Miss Picaboo.