• Lady Shipman breezes home much the best in Belmont's License Fee.Posted 2 days ago
  • Ben's Cat sprints home late to win his 10yo seasonal debut in thrilling fashion.Posted 2 days ago
  • Minding shows her class, easily winning the 1000 Guineas.Posted 2 days ago
  • Uncle Lino digs in to win the inaugural California Chrome Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • A Lot holds off favored Green Mask by a whisker to win the Elusive Quality.Posted 3 days ago
  • Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 3 days ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 4 days ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 7 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 9 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 10 days ago

Puglisi Returns to Winners' Circle

Hollywood Park logo.
Photo: Hollywood Park

Veteran jockey Iggy Puglisi savored his first victory of the year Saturday with longshot Ghost N Your Heart, a 2-year-old filly which paid $58.80 after an upset victory in the fourth race for $32,000 maiden claimers.

“This was neat,” said Puglisi, a 36-year-old native of Argentina. “It was all because of one of her owners, Dave Unger. He called me and asked if I would like to ride her, and I said I would love to.

“I worked her one time, she was scratched from another race, and I got very lucky today,” said Puglisi of the first-time starter who rallied to win the 6 ½-furlong race. “It was nice to be back in the winner’s circle.”

Ghost N Your Heart completed a training double for Paul Aguirre, who also won the second race with Miss Picaboo.