• Gold Rush Dancer (14-1) pulls the upset in Del Mar's Real Good Deal Stakes.Posted 10 hours ago
  • Haveyougoneaway (7-2) wears down Paulassilverlining to win the Honorable Miss at Saratoga.Posted 13 hours ago
  • Exaggerator is going in the Haskell, according to Steve Edelson of the Asbury Park Press.Posted 17 hours ago
  • The Gurkha wins a Sussex thriller over Galileo Gold and Ribchester.Posted 20 hours ago
  • Amis Gizmo romps home in the Prince of Wales at Fort Erie.Posted 1 day ago
  • Long On Value (7-2) cuts back and rolls in the Lucky Coin Stakes.Posted 2 days ago
  • Songbird repels the challenge of Carina Mia, and romps home in the CCA Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Up With the Birds swings to victory in Woodbine's Nijinsky Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Tin Type Gal rides the rail to victory in Monmouth's Boiling Springs.Posted 3 days ago
  • California Chrome edges Dortmund in a San Diego Handicap showdown.Posted 4 days ago

Puglisi Returns to Winners' Circle

Hollywood Park logo.
Photo: Hollywood Park

Veteran jockey Iggy Puglisi savored his first victory of the year Saturday with longshot Ghost N Your Heart, a 2-year-old filly which paid $58.80 after an upset victory in the fourth race for $32,000 maiden claimers.

“This was neat,” said Puglisi, a 36-year-old native of Argentina. “It was all because of one of her owners, Dave Unger. He called me and asked if I would like to ride her, and I said I would love to.

“I worked her one time, she was scratched from another race, and I got very lucky today,” said Puglisi of the first-time starter who rallied to win the 6 ½-furlong race. “It was nice to be back in the winner’s circle.”

Ghost N Your Heart completed a training double for Paul Aguirre, who also won the second race with Miss Picaboo.