• Unique Bella is off the Kentucky Oaks trail with a sore shin, per Steve Anderson.Posted 2 days ago
  • Hence (10-1) rallies to win the Sunland Park Derby going away.Posted 3 days ago
  • Ghalia (2-1) edges a game Kell Paso in the Sunland Park Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Itsinthepost (6-1) drives home the win in the Grade 2 San Luis Rey.Posted 4 days ago
  • Fear the Cowboy (7-2) comes running late to capture the Grade 3 Skip Away.Posted 5 days ago
  • Fast and Accurate (24-1) bursts through to upset the Grade 3 Spiral.Posted 5 days ago
  • Purely a Dream (12-1) pulls ahead in the stretch to take the Grade 3 Bourbonette Oaks.Posted 5 days ago
  • Arrogate, despite a dreadful break, wins the Dubai World Cup easily.Posted 5 days ago
  • Jack Hobbs is much the best in the Sheema Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Vivlos flies late to get up for the win in the $6 million Dubai Turf.Posted 5 days ago

Puglisi Returns to Winners' Circle

Hollywood Park logo.
Photo: Hollywood Park

Veteran jockey Iggy Puglisi savored his first victory of the year Saturday with longshot Ghost N Your Heart, a 2-year-old filly which paid $58.80 after an upset victory in the fourth race for $32,000 maiden claimers.

“This was neat,” said Puglisi, a 36-year-old native of Argentina. “It was all because of one of her owners, Dave Unger. He called me and asked if I would like to ride her, and I said I would love to.

“I worked her one time, she was scratched from another race, and I got very lucky today,” said Puglisi of the first-time starter who rallied to win the 6 ½-furlong race. “It was nice to be back in the winner’s circle.”

Ghost N Your Heart completed a training double for Paul Aguirre, who also won the second race with Miss Picaboo.